PDA

View Full Version : Languages?

Kevlar
09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Languages?

Weren't languages a lot stricter in classic? Or was that just on Firiona Vie? I know there were some strange rules there at first, like evils and lights couldn't group, nothing except epics was no-drop.

But I distinctly recall having groups and teaching each other languages just so we could understand each other.

Kika Maslyaka
09-21-2011, 08:36 PM
yes you thinking of FV server
on regular blue servers everyone spoke in common
languages were needed at first to be able to read research tomes for instructions, but once few people did, they just posted combine guides on Ala and that was the end of it.

Verant didn't really thought this through. If they wanted languages to be a permanent thing, they should have made it so npcs would ONLY speak and give quests in their native language

Swishahouse
09-21-2011, 09:08 PM
A lot of people are still interested in languages. I know a bunch on Swishahouse and am always willing to learn more or trade with others. Shoot me a tell sometime if you wanna sit down and spam some hotkeys =)

Mcbard
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Last I checked skilling up languages was very painful in this game. If you aren't learning from somebody who is max then you will need to zone out every 2 skill ups for the ability to show up in your window so that you can teach it to to the other person, and so on.

kobexbloo
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
This could be cool, but ITS NOT CLASSIC =/