PDA

View Full Version : If I make an Erudite enchanter...

nocookiesforme
09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi all. I'm a bit of an Altaholic and I'm getting ready to make an enchanter. If I make him an Erudite, how badly will I miss the DE's ability to hide? Is it life-altering / game-breaking?

Thanks in advance!

Kope
09-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi all. I'm a bit of an Altaholic and I'm getting ready to make an enchanter. If I make him an Erudite, how badly will I miss the DE's ability to hide? Is it life-altering / game-breaking?

Thanks in advance!

No, not game breaking at all. Hide is VERY handy and can allow you to know if memblur works on all mezd mobs but it's not gamebreaking.

pickled_heretic
09-23-2011, 03:21 PM
hide is clearly superior, especially for charming, it lets you break charm easily and for free without using your spell GCD.

game breaking? of course not, you could level from 1-50 without charming a single mob. or you could shell out some serious bank for a clickable invis item. but it's definitely a big advantage over people who don't have it and there's no real penalty.

Vohl
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Racial hide is handy; charm-breaking works best with a Goblin Godzooki Ring. No, it's not actually spelled that way.

Slowby
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Without first searching the wiki, and to further the conversation.

I also have an Erudite Enchanter.
I have recently began charming when solo.
I very much wish I had hide to break charm and not take up a spell slot with Inv.
I was wondering if any of the illusions give you hide, Darkelf, Halfling, Woodelf maybe?

I recall that illusion Troll gave regen, and Barbarian gives slam.
I also remember some of the illusions giving sight abilities.

nocookiesforme
09-23-2011, 04:02 PM
And how easy are those goblin rings to come by?

I think I'm gonna suck it up and just make the Dark Elf. I really prefer playing the first 12 or so levels in the Qeynos region though, Blackburrow and the Gnoll Fang quesets make it fly by. Are there any comparable ways to zip through the early levels on the other side of the continent?

Thanks again!

Runningfish
09-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Illusions do not give you hide. If your playing an ench and your not a DE be prepared to shell out 7-8k for a goblin gazughi ring at some point. It will instantly break charm and actually do a much more reliable job of it than hide does.

Hide - You have to click multiple times and you have to position yourself so that the mob can see you. If your on flat ground and in range it will work almost every time though. Another benefit of hide is you can have the charmed mob targeted and use it.

Gazughi Ring - Works no matter what, once you click it it will break charm. However you have to have yourself targeted. So once you break charm you'll have to re-target the mob that's now running at you or running away.

I have hide and the gazughi ring on my DE ench and am trying to use hide as much as possible so I can sell the ring. A lot of the time though I'll get fed up with clicking hide over and over trying to get it to break and just use the ring. So each one has it's benefit and drawback.

pickled_heretic
09-23-2011, 04:09 PM
And how easy are those goblin rings to come by?

I think I'm gonna suck it up and just make the Dark Elf. I really prefer playing the first 12 or so levels in the Qeynos region though, Blackburrow and the Gnoll Fang quesets make it fly by. Are there any comparable ways to zip through the early levels on the other side of the continent?

Thanks again!

no, but how hard is it to bum a port? level in nektulos to 4, go with human illusion and you can pretend to be a human while you stay in qeynos.

you can also do the parts of the stein quest that are in qeynos/erud while you're there. just make sure to take an innoruuk's kiss with you.

SyanideGas
09-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Thanks in advance!

Eurdite enchanters are nice because they have high starting int well eurdite itself does.Very handy for em...While hide is good it isnt going to be too bad without it.

Slowby
09-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I am interested and confused about the goblin gazughi ring.
The P99 wiki, and EqZam both have the effect listed as Inv Animal.
Does this not matter for charm breaking, or are we assuming here that it is just being used when animals are charmed?

Runningfish
09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
It will break any charm, not just animals.