PDA

View Full Version : Will Snare Ever Be Fixed Here?

skorge
09-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know if p99 has the ability to make snare work as intended? Right now (well as of a few months ago - took a break), the mobs do not stop in their tracks when snare is applied and they get low and try to run.

This was the whole purpose I created a troll shaman instead of an ogre shaman, because the Regent Symbol of Innoruk (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1254) allowed troll shaman to essentially snare their mobs (with Clinging Darkness). I know this from classic experience playing a troll shaman to 50+ during Kunark. On this server, and other emu servers and even on Shards of Dalaya snare just does not work as it did back then...it defeats the whole purpose of the Regent Symbol of Innoruk.

So my question is, will it ever work as it did back then? Can we get this fixed or is it client side and impossible to fix?

Lazortag
09-23-2011, 05:08 PM
When mobs are fleeing and snared they moved a lot slower... what's the issue exactly? What's broken?

Vidrata
09-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Snare (both snare from druids and darkness line snare from necro) slow the mob down as intended. The only thing that pisses me off is that darkness snare negates root, or the other way away around, I forget as I havent had root on my hotbar in a long time.

Snaggles
09-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Snare (both snare from druids and darkness line snare from necro) slow the mob down as intended. The only thing that pisses me off is that darkness snare negates root, or the other way away around, I forget as I havent had root on my hotbar in a long time.

They fixed that in velious giving snare and root two different spell effects. I think it will be changed as well on P99.

Aadill
09-23-2011, 05:14 PM
he's referring to the fact that running mobs don't stop in their tracks at low hp, i imagine.

Snaggles
09-23-2011, 05:16 PM
he's referring to the fact that running mobs don't stop in their tracks at low hp, i imagine.

True. I noticed that as well.

Frankly the root/snare combo is more bothersome. The stopping in their tracks would give druids/rangers more usefulness though. It's annoying.

Aadill
09-23-2011, 05:20 PM
basically runspeed is currently too fast and mobs are able to negate snares. if you slow it down or increase the snare % it would probably fix the issue (but possibly break pvp)

Hoggen
09-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Additionally, when a mob was snared, it would not reset until snare broke if a nec or SK would FD. That doesn't happen here. Mobs walk back to spawn point full speed, snared or no.

feanan
09-23-2011, 05:28 PM
hey, at least the target ring is gone! and spell sets!

amiright?

Kassel
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM

But they do, i root rot all the time when i am bored (mostly SF's when i can not quad them) and typically 1 root will last 85-90% of the mobs health, the mob will start running then i click my ES Gloves to snare them, once it hits the mob stop and i run up and practice my 2hb and hope for my fun AE proc from my hiero crook. I must have done this 100 times in the last few months.

That being said i am not sure if i understand the OP's issue. Perhaps the lvl 1 darkness line does not reduce run speed to 0 unlike a lvl 1 snare.

Messianic
09-23-2011, 06:11 PM
But they do

This - many of my mobs stop completely with just a regular snare. As Kassel said, maybe it's just clinging darkness..?

pickled_heretic
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
darkness line spells are not as powerful as normal snares. especially the lower level ones. as far as i remember, that's the way it was on classic.

Kassel
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
from p99 wiki

Clinging Darkness (lvl 4)
Decrease Movement Speed by 24% (L4) to 30% (L10)

Snare (lvl 1)
Decrease Movement Speed by 41% (L1) to 55% (L15)

Found your problem !

Gibcarver
09-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Additionally, when a mob was snared, it would not reset until snare broke if a nec or SK would FD. That doesn't happen here. Mobs walk back to spawn point full speed, snared or no.

I split mobs every day with dooming darkness, they stand there till it wares off.

Salty
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Ogres get stunned by melee. Color me not surprised that snare has never worked like it should stopping a mob on low hp.

pickled_heretic
09-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Ogres get stunned by melee. Color me not surprised that snare has never worked like it should stopping a mob on low hp.

this is true, and it's been like that for a long time.

Curmudgen
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
This topic is starting to shift, but my friend plays ogre shaman now and I have seen numerous interrupts with hits ( that is how it's suppose to be isn't it? ) but no stun with lots and lots of mobs bashing him. I thought that was what frontal stun immunity was.

stormlord
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
They do when they reach 11%.

stormlord
09-23-2011, 08:28 PM
from p99 wiki

Snare (lvl 1)

Found your problem !
See, rangers don't just die. They snare too.

Yondiloons
09-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know if p99 has the ability to make snare work as intended? Right now (well as of a few months ago - took a break), the mobs do not stop in their tracks when snare is applied and they get low and try to run.

This was the whole purpose I created a troll shaman instead of an ogre shaman, because the Regent Symbol of Innoruk (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1254) allowed troll shaman to essentially snare their mobs (with Clinging Darkness). I know this from classic experience playing a troll shaman to 50+ during Kunark. On this server, and other emu servers and even on Shards of Dalaya snare just does not work as it did back then...it defeats the whole purpose of the Regent Symbol of Innoruk.

So my question is, will it ever work as it did back then? Can we get this fixed or is it client side and impossible to fix?

This is something i also noticed, and thats 100% correct mobs are supposed to stop completely if they are fleeing while snared.

Mardur
09-23-2011, 11:07 PM
This topic is starting to shift, but my friend plays ogre shaman now and I have seen numerous interrupts with hits ( that is how it's suppose to be isn't it? ) but no stun with lots and lots of mobs bashing him. I thought that was what frontal stun immunity was.

The way classic EQ worked: chance for a spell to be interrupted if your character moved by x amount of distance, factored by channeling skill. This sometimes caused spell interrupts due to mob pushback versus players, and affected Ogres. However, an Ogre could negate the pushback by backing into a corner. Due to not being able to be stunned or move due to pushback against a corner, they could cast without being interrupted except by spell stuns.

The way P99 works: There's a chance for a spell to be interrupted if a mob is engaging you in combat. This replicates the pushback affect from classic, BUT does not factor the "corner trick." An Ogre on P99 will have as many spell interrupts standing in a corner than in the open, due to spell interrupts being caused by attacks being made against you, and not how much you're being pushed back.

So in short, Ogre stun immunity works on P99, but it's not as effective due to the way melee spell interrupts are handled.

Regarding snare: Clinging Darkness was enough to stop a fleeing mob dead in classic, but this has been brought up since day 1 of p99 and feels a bit of dead horse beating. Just go kill Hoshkar and get a Spear of Constriction imo np ezpz.

Vidrata
09-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Ensnare works better than snare anyways =D

skorge
09-24-2011, 12:55 PM
from p99 wiki

Snare (lvl 1)

Found your problem !

That doesn't matter...no matter what snare you have, mobs are suppose to stop in their tracks when they get low and try to run...not just slow down but completely stop, regardless of the snare you use. It does not work that way here. That's my issue.

This made it to where troll shaman could solo mobs any other shaman couldn't because of the necklace causing mobs to completely stop vs. just slow down. Since mobs dont completely stop when used, it makes it to where troll shaman can not solo mobs as they did on live due to a higher risk of it creating adds due to the slow running vs the complete stopping (example: a shaman soling imps in solb)