PDA

View Full Version : For those thinking about making a Bard to aoe kite

Azu
09-26-2011, 02:05 AM
You have been Warned.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/Azurulia/alotofcorpses.png

yeah, yeah, Laugh all ya want and tell me how fail i am. But anyone who's played a bard and learned how to AoE kite knows how rough it is. especially when you start at level 9 with just your level 2 dot pulling trains big enough to 1 shot you if you fuck up with the slightest mistake

I'm too stubborn to take the easy way out and just wait for level 18 for the longer ranged DoT. so i told myself "Trial by fire. learn the hard shit first, and the easy shit will be Trivial." as you can see above, it didn't go so well at first...

Stick it out and you will start to see bodies on the ground that aren't yours!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/Azurulia/MyfirstBigTrain.png

Overall my experience so far has been fun! and yes, even with all those deaths, I'm still ahead. started at 9 and I'm now 14! :D

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Your will to kite makes me like you...your love of anime makes me hate you with a passion...in the end I con dubious.

Azu
09-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Your will to kite makes me like you...your love of anime makes me hate you with a passion...in the end I con dubious.
I'll settle for that, but the real question is can i still bank?

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Only if you sneak and stay behind me

hotstud
09-26-2011, 02:39 AM
I went from 39 to 36 learning to AE kite in Overthere, back to level 41 now.

valkabo
09-26-2011, 04:04 AM
I figured it out in EK at 18, then went 18 to 30 with small grouping breaks to keep wep skills sharp. I am now just sick of it and the bard population SEEMS to be spiking(But I could be crazy).

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Bards are FOTM...they will burn out soon after OT, if they make it that far, don't worry

Azu
09-26-2011, 04:58 AM
i see that with a lot of bards. they do seem to thin out when I'm playing my enchanter. Bard fits my play style well tho. i love to group, solo, pull, cc, support, all that jazz. so hoping i don't burn out on it.

druziil
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
i am sure most of those corpses are not lag related deaths, i hope amelinda didn't res all of your fail corpses

Messianic
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Oasis is kind of a bad zone to learn how to do it. Gfay is actually decent at 8-9 or so...at 10 I found NK to be a wonderland of flat terrain and easy mobs.

Don't bother trying the crocs, they have an odd sized hitbox.

judeau
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
That's awesome! I'm still scared to start quad-kiting myself...

Zaino

Azu
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
i am sure most of those corpses are not lag related deaths, i hope amelinda didn't res all of your fail corpses

lol no, she just stumbled across all my fail corpses while rezzing my 1 death caused by the database crash.

I also never said they were lag related deaths, i failed hard son! i fucked up "alot" and slowly began learning from my mistakes. which is the most important lesson of all. realize your mistakes and learn form them. then stop and think "ok, i did X and Y happened. maybe i should do Z instead, or just don't do X at all and see how that goes."

Oasis is kind of a bad zone to learn how to do it. Gfay is actually decent at 8-9 or so...at 10 I found NK to be a wonderland of flat terrain and easy mobs.

Don't bother trying the crocs, they have an odd sized hitbox.
Yeah i kinda Realized Oasis wasnt the best zone, but after it owning me so much i was determined to get it down there! haha.

so here's a break down of those deaths. for anyone who may try to kite in oasis, or is just curious how i died so dam much:

-Deaths 1-3: Bad angles, kiting on hills, Death within the first 30 seconds.
-Deaths 4-6: Croc's are bad, mmmmk. as stated above screwy hit box, dun do it!
-Deaths 7-9: PUMA'S!! do not under estimate a LB Puma, if it breaks away from yoru train. FINISH IT! it will come back, and quickly and screw you. also beware of patting puma's, the evil beaties they are *shakes fist*
-Deaths 10-11: ok melee dodging is fine now now to kil.. OH SHIT A CASTER! *rooted*
-Death 12: Desert Madmen Will add SG's to your train, avoid any SG's if you have madmen in your train.
-Deaths 13-16: i now know how to avoid all the BS out there.. crap bad timing, bad angle ect.
*Receives pointers from really good Bard friend on how to approach and break away form your train and not get pwned*
-Death 17: ALMOST got the whole train, just 4 mobs left! *Girl Friend Calls on Skype from Work, Windowed, Dead.*
-Picture above. i killed a train of 21 mobs without getting hit once!
-Future Deaths: Perfecting what i now Know.

Messianic
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
That's awesome! I'm still scared to start quad-kiting myself...

Zaino

Quad kiting is very easy. It's definitely not worth your fear ;)

Hexum
09-26-2011, 12:39 PM
You'll never compare to Duvian, he inspired you, but doesn't mean you'll "get it"

Good Luck

mitic
09-26-2011, 12:48 PM
too bad charmkiting isnt working (as intended!) on emu... or is it fixed??

falkun
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
No, and I do not believe charm kiting will ever work on this server. The code is written in such a way that mobs do not assist on your charmed pet like they did on live. its kind of a shame, really, because with some FT items in Velious charm kiting becomes even better.

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I do not think swarm/charm kiting is high on their list of things to do sadly. The horse is very dead and very beaten and they still have not fixed it so I assume there is a good reason.

Still sucks tho, swarming was fun

Tewaz
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I weekly bump my swarm kiting bug post, but I doubt it will happen.

SyanideGas
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I gave in and made a bard today LF Lambent gearzez :D..Im in for trouble now.

falkun
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
swarming was fun

Indeed it was. Lately though, I've been having a similar fun time charm kiting 2 mobs.

DoT x3 on mob1
Charm mob1
Sic mob1 on mob2
DoT x3 on mob2
Charm breaks on mob1
Charm mob2
Sic mob2 on mob1
Repeat from step #1

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Some of my best memories were swarming all the cats on the temple of frozen shadow island in iceclad. Good times

Tarathiel
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
dont you think its kinda of rude to run around and gather up all the mobs in a zone where groups are trying to xp? why not do this out in the karana's or on kunark? oasis just seems like a bad spot to practice this

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
There are groups everywhere. You do this in oasis..they bitch...you do it at KC...they bitch...you do it in OT...they bitch...you do it in TD...they bitch. It's pretty easy to leave enough mobs for a group to keep busy with no matter where you are however...so just learn to play nice and most people wont mind too much.

Even while kiting 100+ mobs around in OT there are still plenty for a couple groups to kill.

Kevlar
09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Not when there are two or three douchebags doing it.

And when the bard screws up and bites it guess where those 100 mobs are going. Right back to kill the exp group he just kited through.

I thought training was bannable? But running an hour long train around in circles not caring what anyone else in zone is doing isn't. I've been trained by these idiots in NK, FM giant fort, and almost every day in OT. Thank goodness they can't pull this bullshit in traks teeth where I can finally get some mobs without getting stomped on by a dead or zoned bard.

hotstud
09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
So someone is running a train around in one spot for an hour but you can't figure out how to not get trained? How about.. if you see them cross aggro with you, go zone after your next fight, send them a tell asking them to tell you if they die, etc. In fact I often cross aggro with other Bards and ask them to tell me if they die, they always do, and I always have like 1+ minute of waiting before the mobs even get to me so I know you have plenty of time.

Estu
09-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't understand why groups go to outdoor zones in the first place. Go to dungeons, that's where the better EXP and loot are. Outdoor zones should be relegated to soloers.

Tarathiel
09-26-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't understand why groups go to outdoor zones in the first place. Go to dungeons, that's where the better EXP and loot are. Outdoor zones should be relegated to soloers.

My main is a rogue and let's face it, I can't solo, period. But I can't always find the perfect group either, so sometimes dungeons aren't always the best option if I'm looking xp. You're argument is stupid anyways because most of the zones in the game are outdoor. Just because you can't aoe kite in a dungeon doesn't mean you are entitled to every other zone in the game. There are plenty of places that are virtually empty all the time why do you have to do it in places that are known for being heavily populated?

Mardur
09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
The only time I ever got banned on live was because of an asian swarm kiter.

Now, for some reason at some point in time before but near July of 2006, Timorous Deep got some new mobs added (most importantly the gunthak pirates and a named pirate on some ship that dropped hot zone-esque loot) and its exp mod bump to hot zone level. The strange thing is, Timorous Deep was never an official Hot Zone at this point, they just added some npcs and increased the exp for god knows why.

This made the gunthak pirate area extremely sought after due to a huge quantity of extremely easy mobs that were dark blue from late 40s to 60. Even in Luclin, soloing the pirates was the best AA exp in the game.

So there I was like every single other day in Luclin on The Sleeper progression server, grinding pirates for 8 hours before raids. Then this bard from the local server Asian moron guild comes through and starts aggroing all the pirates. I'm immediately a bit ticked because he was there the day before and was bothering me. So I figure I'll just go about my grind and see what happens.

Then he starts charming mobs that I'm halfway through fighting to add to his swarm. This obviously is rule-breaking and I send him a few tells to knock it off. He keeps charming my shit and I'm just wasting my time so I tell him he's a prick and that I hope he gets Chinese AIDS, and leave.

The next day I can't log in and I receive an email that I've been suspended for a week due to racial harassment.

I don't regret it.

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 05:09 PM

And when the bard screws up and bites it guess where those 100 mobs are going. Right back to kill the exp group he just kited through.

I thought training was bannable? But running an hour long train around in circles not caring what anyone else in zone is doing isn't. I've been trained by these idiots in NK, FM giant fort, and almost every day in OT. Thank goodness they can't pull this bullshit in traks teeth where I can finally get some mobs without getting stomped on by a dead or zoned bard.

By this logic druids and wizards are no longer allowed to quad kite because if they die their 4 mobs "might" run over where you happen to be sitting. Sounds a little weak to me.

Kevlar
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
By this logic druids and wizards are no longer allowed to quad kite because if they die their 4 mobs "might" run over where you happen to be sitting. Sounds a little weak to me.

Pitiful comparison considering druid/wiz mobs are snared, and druids and wizzies don't attempt to pull the entire zone, even mobs right out from under the noses of other groups and solo characters.

Think about it, the average group is probably killing a monster every 15 seconds or so. The average quadder maybe every 30 seconds to a minute. This easily beats mob respawn so even with constant pulls their impact on the other players in a zone is minimal.

Asshole bard wants to kite 100 mobs because his aoe dots are so pathetic it would take him an hour to kill 1 mob with them. Might as well kill all the mobs to make it worthwhile.

So Mr. Asshole takes 100 mobs in a huge unwieldly train that will kill anything it touches, including him, instantly.

Now it is going to still take him an hour to kill these 100 mobs, so assuming a spawn time of 3 minutes, he is taking 2000 possible monster spawns away from other players. The average six man group is taking maybe 10 spawns. Because the mobs actually have time to, and do respawn.

Add to this the fact that Mr asshole is only milliseconds away, a single lag spike, from instant death. And so is everyone he trained past.

citizen1080
09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
You are citing worse case scenario like it is the norm...i aoe kited in OT from 42 to 49. I NEVER trained a group once...I NEVER took mobs right around a group. I would CC and then avoid water hole/ledge/ramp as needed and pull the rest of the mobs away from those groups. I kited in a remote corner that no one used. I pulled 80-100mobs a kite every time and I never had a group bitch about me being in the zone.

I also was smart enough to only do this on weekdays when the zone was quiet instead of trying to do it prime time.

Yea I got gibbed once in awhile but if you're good deaths are kept to a minimum.

I also was bound in OT...so if I did die after 5 seconds of loading screen I would shout that a kite was heading back to their bind points so beware.

It's not rocket science to AOE kite and still play nice with other groups. Obviously you have dealt with some bad bards which has lead to your illogical nerd rage on the subject. Step back, breath, and remember. It's just a game.

The one place i don't think is doable for us to AOE kite is City Of Mist...I did some 30+ mob kites there..pulling all the bridge and arena but it was hit and miss. The pathing there is so bad you're 50/50 on getting them tight enough to kill or them splitting and gibbing you and training any other groups in zone.

hotstud
09-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Pitiful comparison considering druid/wiz mobs are snared, and druids and wizzies don't attempt to pull the entire zone, even mobs right out from under the noses of other groups and solo characters.

Think about it, the average group is probably killing a monster every 15 seconds or so. The average quadder maybe every 30 seconds to a minute. This easily beats mob respawn so even with constant pulls their impact on the other players in a zone is minimal.

Asshole bard wants to kite 100 mobs because his aoe dots are so pathetic it would take him an hour to kill 1 mob with them. Might as well kill all the mobs to make it worthwhile.

So Mr. Asshole takes 100 mobs in a huge unwieldly train that will kill anything it touches, including him, instantly.

Now it is going to still take him an hour to kill these 100 mobs, so assuming a spawn time of 3 minutes, he is taking 2000 possible monster spawns away from other players. The average six man group is taking maybe 10 spawns. Because the mobs actually have time to, and do respawn.

Add to this the fact that Mr asshole is only milliseconds away, a single lag spike, from instant death. And so is everyone he trained past.

Hey, crybaby.. if a mob isn't engaged it's open for killing. It takes me 20 minutes to pull every mob in OT that I want and kite them down. Might want to check your numbers. I also haven't died in 3 levels or several hours of kiting. You really just have no idea what you're talking about...

You know what I hear? "I WISH I COULD KITE LIKE A BARD, QQ"

People like you are why MMOs suck these days. No room for anyone to do anything that takes skill because some little crybaby is going to cry on some forums about it because they aren't good enough to do it themselves.

Kevlar
09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey, crybaby.. if a mob isn't engaged it's open for killing. It takes me 20 minutes to pull every mob in OT that I want and kite them down. Might want to check your numbers. I also haven't died in 3 levels or several hours of kiting. You really just have no idea what you're talking about...

You know what I hear? "I WISH I COULD KITE LIKE A BARD, QQ"

People like you are why MMOs suck these days. No room for anyone to do anything that takes skill because some little crybaby is going to cry on some forums about it because they aren't good enough to do it themselves.

Oh brother, if you think kiting some L30 something mobs makes you "leet" you have a lot to learn.

Oh and from your post about intentionally training someone I think we have identified one of the "asshole" bards.
I would also like to apologize to Zial the Druid. I accidentally aggroed a mob he had snared (thought it was a roamer) which of course transferred his aggro to all my mobs. I ran his snared mob to guards and started kiting. About halfway through suddenly the mobs took off running so I ran up ahead and found Zial was low on health from a fight. Started shouting, "RUN BITCH RUN" but he was AFK and got owned. Sorry Zial.. P.S. Please post the screen shot your guild mate took of me "training mobs", I would like it for my personal collection.

Not knowing you at all I would imagine you to be a 15 year old with a face full of pimples who hasn't seen daylight in years.

Estu
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
My main is a rogue and let's face it, I can't solo, period. But I can't always find the perfect group either, so sometimes dungeons aren't always the best option if I'm looking xp. You're argument is stupid anyways because most of the zones in the game are outdoor. Just because you can't aoe kite in a dungeon doesn't mean you are entitled to every other zone in the game. There are plenty of places that are virtually empty all the time why do you have to do it in places that are known for being heavily populated?

You don't need the perfect group to do dungeons. You just need a tank, a healer, and a DPS. If you have those things and you are in an outdoor zone, then you would be better off moving to an indoor zone because you will get better EXP and loot. If you're just duoing with a druid or something, it makes sense to be in an outdoor zone, but these 4-6 person groups I see in Oasis or Overthere or LOIO always confuse the hell out of me.

My argument isn't about entitlement: it's about what options people have. Bards, druids, and wizards who are soloing can for the most part only do it effectively outdoors. People who are grouping in groups of more than 2 are better suited indoors. When groupers decide to go outdoors, which is to their own detriment, and then are annoyed or confused as to why they see bards soloing there, it makes me wonder why they don't just go into one of the many dungeons in the game.

hotstud
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh brother, if you think kiting some L30 something mobs makes you "leet" you have a lot to learn.

Oh and from your post about intentionally training someone I think we have identified one of the "asshole" bards.

Not knowing you at all I would imagine you to be a 15 year old with a face full of pimples who hasn't seen daylight in years.

Yeah, I intentionally trained the guy who knew he had aggro on all my mobs and decided to stick around anyway and get below 10% health then sit down to med up and go AFK. I can't help it when retards like you and this guy don't understand how aggro works.

Tarathiel
09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I intentionally trained the guy who knew he had aggro on all my mobs and decided to stick around anyway and get below 10% health then sit down to med up and go AFK. I can't help it when retards like you and this guy don't understand how aggro works.

The point of the matter is that others shouldn't have to be inconvenienced by your bad pulls, you don't own the zones and we shouldn't have to make way for your trains. Although it is pretty funny watching you guys fall hard, after about the 3rd or 4th time it just gets annoying

Waffen
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
The average quadder maybe every 30 seconds to a minute. 30 seconds to a minute to kill mobs in a quad? pass me them eq roids son!

hotstud
09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
The point of the matter is that others shouldn't have to be inconvenienced by your bad pulls, you don't own the zones and we shouldn't have to make way for your trains. Although it is pretty funny watching you guys fall hard, after about the 3rd or 4th time it just gets annoying

Yeah I remember once when I died I only made 2 yellows instead of a full level. It sucked.

Tarathiel
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah I remember once when I died I only made 2 yellows instead of a full level. It sucked.

Good for you bro, nobody is impressed

Roanoke
09-26-2011, 11:03 PM

The point of the matter is people are going to bitch and moan no matter what, just like you are. You could spend your time whining like a child or make the best of it. Bard kiting is a part of EQ, get over yourself.

Sloris
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
today i was doing trains in OT when i seen a bard send me a tell and say man you make it look so easy i walk over look at his train and say if you take the rhinos and casters out ill show you a few tricks... lol im proud to say hes doing well now. keep up the good work

Remix Level 40 Bard
Sloris Level 51 Mage

Demetrium
09-26-2011, 11:41 PM
today i was doing trains in OT when i seen a bard send me a tell and say man you make it look so easy i walk over look at his train and say if you take the rhinos and casters out ill show you a few tricks... lol im proud to say hes doing well now. keep up the good work

Remix Level 40 Bard
Sloris Level 51 Mage

Level 40 already? Dang bro who taught you how to kite ;)

Azu
09-27-2011, 01:12 AM
You'll never compare to Duvian, he inspired you, but doesn't mean you'll "get it"

Good Lucki Honestly have no idea who that is. the bard to Inspire me was Remix, an RL friend of mine.

There are groups everywhere. You do this in oasis..they bitch...you do it at KC...they bitch...you do it in OT...they bitch...you do it in TD...they bitch. It's pretty easy to leave enough mobs for a group to keep busy with no matter where you are however...so just learn to play nice and most people wont mind too much.

Even while kiting 100+ mobs around in OT there are still plenty for a couple groups to kill. ^ this. i really dosent matter where you go unless its some backwater zone where there is nobody. but wheres the fun in that? i like to group too. if i see a ooc lfdps ect. i will reply and see if they want a bard.

I thought training was bannable? But running an hour long train around in circles not caring what anyone else in zone is doing isn't. I've been trained by these idiots in NK, FM giant fort, and almost every day in OT. Thank goodness they can't pull this bullshit in traks teeth where I can finally get some mobs without getting stomped on by a dead or zoned bard.while people complain about a bard pulling bajillions of mobs annoys people. a bard that is disrespectful and careless of others is worse. Being Knowledgeable about how aggro works i know that passing by people will only gain them aggro to your train if they are fighting a type of mob that is in your train. then all of those mobs are now aggro to that person/and or group. in oasis i kite mostly Orcs, Ghouls, and mummies are they are the safest and easiest. i steer clear of groups at invis wall and anyone fighting a ghoul or mummy. I know if i die my trains gunna pwn them. otherwise its safe to pass by anyone without the risk of them getting aggro.

now if a group gets mad at me and peels a mob off me i simply warn them they now have aggro to my train, and i will warn them if i die.

Level 40 already? Dang bro who taught you how to kite ;)he taught himself, then taught me :P

Demetrium
09-27-2011, 02:19 AM
he taught himself, then taught me :P

That's not what the messages in my youtube inbox say!

Azu
09-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, he does his research.

Adrieth
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
My personal favorite is when necros/etc fear one or two of the mobs in the train to throw me off. Love that shit.

Tomm1273
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I cant read those tells.
Can you blow up ur chat box somehow?

Azu
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
pretty much people responding to my slew of corpses, one such being Amelinda :D

Lagaidh
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Only if you sneak and stay behind me

Well, there's an invitation I didn't expect Bob to make.

Azu
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Guess bob "really" likes bards, who knows? :D

rigi
09-28-2011, 01:09 AM
bard aoe kiting is for cum guzzlers

Ryndar
09-28-2011, 06:53 AM
bard aoe kiting is for cum guzzlers

So you're happy/unhappy that your mom plays a bard?