PDA

View Full Version : Bard Weapon Switching

Izzni
09-28-2011, 11:49 PM
When I play my bard I'm switching out weapon for my stringed instrament when I play Hymm of Restoration. When I get dual wield at level 17 how is this handled? Can instraments go in the off-hand, or do you have to pull out both weapons, throw the instrament in, and then switch back?

Arentz Baboonheart
09-28-2011, 11:56 PM
ya gotta pull both out and put instrument in secondary

Izzni
09-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Right now I have hot buttons for the slots and I just click them to swap and such. Is there a more efficent way to do this? Perhaps with keys instead of the mouse?

Thulack
09-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Right now I have hot buttons for the slots and I just click them to swap and such. Is there a more efficent way to do this? Perhaps with keys instead of the mouse?

In live EQ that have a bandolier function to quickly swap out weapons for other etc. Classic doesnt have this.

Dr4z3r
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM

In short, no. There is not a better way to do this.

BobSmith
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I use VertUI: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7850

In this UI, hotbar 1 has the main inventory slots in addition to the hotbuttons. This lets me swap weapons/instruments without using up a hot button.

Kevlar
09-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Isn't there some sort of macro program that has item swaps? Or am I just misremembering?

BobSmith
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
On live there are slash commands you can use to switch out gear. But those are disabled here on p99 because there were not implemented until later.

wc4482
09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
/autoinventory

Make a macro and bind it to a key (such as "x" or "z")

What it does is drop whatever is on your cursor to the first available slot (such as clicking on your class icon when you open inventory)

To switch from two weapons to an instrument... (assuming you have Vert UI or slots dragged to hotbars)

1) Click on your primary weapon
2) Click on the instrument in your inventory
3) Click on your secondary weapon
4) hit your /autoinventory key (Best practice: have an open bag slot so your secondary weapon doesn't get moved to a bag or worse the ground!)

From Instrument to two weapons you can either:

1) click your secondary weapon in your inventory
2) click your instrument in your secondary slot
3) click your primary weapon in your inventory and hit hotkey

OR

1) click secondary (instrument)
2) click your primary weapon in your inventory and hit hotkey
3) click secondary weapon and hit hotkey

wc4482
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Make sure confirm drop item is on and confirm destroy is on, just in case.

I typically have 4 bags and 4 empty bag slots so I can have two weapons and brass, string, percussion instruments equipped or readily accessible.

Mcbard
09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
To answer the second part of your question: most weapons are secondary only, however there are some that are primary only.