PDA

View Full Version : Bluebies Love R99

Masq
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Hopefully more newbies make the switch, it's the most fun I've had playing this game.

mwatt
09-29-2011, 09:06 PM
I am what you call a "bluebie" - which IMO is an aburd word but whatever. I assure you I am not going to love Red99. I detest PVP in fantasy MMOs (I'll play Quake or Unreal or something similar if I want that.

To me it would ruin the best online game ever devised to sully it like that. I find your blanket statement that "bluebies love Red99" to be like much of what occurs on a PVP server - offensive.

Feces
09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
I am what you call a "bluebie" - which IMO is an aburd word but whatever. I assure you I am not going to love Red99. I detest PVP in fantasy MMOs (I'll play Quake or Unreal or something similar if I want that.

To me it would ruin the best online game ever devised to sully it like that. I find your blanket statement that "bluebies love Red99" to be like much of what occurs on a PVP server - offensive.

Nerd alert.

Knuckle
09-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Nerd alert.

georgie
09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Nerd alert.

THIRD THIS

Felwithemagi
09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
No need to troll, just ask more people to try out Red99, even if it's in beta or whatever. They might like it.

burkemi5
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
sorry nerds but no one who is posting on a message board for a 12 year old emulated game has any right to call anyone a nerd. we're all nerds; embrace it fools.

Goobles
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
[This post has been moved to Rants and Flames]

Biffins
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
red wordsmiths dishing out the big cut downs like "nerd", then other reds co-signing. not sure if I hate or love you guys.

Softcore PK
09-29-2011, 11:01 PM
It's nice, to be loved :)

Tommy_Wiseau
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
red wordsmiths dishing out the big cut downs like "nerd", then other reds co-signing. not sure if I hate or love you guys.

would get more verbose if bans didnt fly in serverchat like poop at a snoop dogg show

mokfarg
09-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Smurfs like the Red99 server?

Roanoke
09-30-2011, 12:47 AM
This thread is why most "bluebies" won't try Red99.

Haul
09-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Nerd alert.

this

stormlord
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
I played on PvP servers - on live - solely. Sullon Zek was my favorite. I don't think I'll be going to Red 99. I think it's an amusing idea, a fun place to go for a few min, but there're a few things I've learned over the years about pvp....

1) PvP has a worse economy - ppl are too busy measuring their inner cock size (yes, girls have one too)
2) You get killed by other players, not just mobs

... This slows down leveling significantly.

3) Lots of douchebaggery
4) Harder to find groups, people are generally more tense

... On blue servers people are nicer and more likely to group with you.
... You can go to a leveling area without worries about pvp on blue servers; makes you relaxed.
... The more social (friendly) atmosphere is probably the biggest plus for ME

5) Griefers and spies

... This is probably the biggest thing of all.

All of these things weren't enough to stop me from playing PvP on live. But I didn't participate in predatory PvP. I only played on the PvP servers because it was harder and I liked the challenge of surviving in a hostile environment. But I know now what I was only beginning to know then: PvP servers have pathetic populations if they cannot survive without the PvP. You need to have game-play in the game that makes the game great even if you discard the PvP altogether. And, if you add the PvP to the game, it can be devastating, if it disrupts the 'great game' too much. Remember, most players are playing because of things OTHER than pvp. If those things are obstructed or broken then enjoyment is a rare commodity. And, lastly, the more that you can discourage griefing - kind of like how Eve-Online does it - the better.

Few other ideas:
I think PvP will always have less populations because it's... harder. And... Players don't roleplay like npcs/monsters do. Other players don't play by the rules. Other players will outsmart you. They'll even hack/exploit happily.

And they love to massage their inner cock. Don't forget that one. Their cock is their life.

Eldaran
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
why are all your bullet points 1's and 2's? color me confused...

stormlord
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
why are all your bullet points 1's and 2's? color me confused...
Corrected. Hope it makes you happy :)

feanan
09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I love R99 because it seems like the majority of the douche bags I'd run across on a daily basis are missing...I can only assume that is where they went.

Eldaran
09-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Corrected. Hope it makes you happy :)

I honestly feel a lot better looking at your post now. Thanks!

Vohl
09-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Nerd alert.

Nice sig!

Had some fun starting a new character on a new server and leveling up to 9. Some ideas I had for a monk seem to be working pretty nicely.

Izzni
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll pass on donating my time so that others can get their jollies, thanks.

mwatt
09-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I played on PvP servers - on live - solely. Sullon Zek was my favorite. I don't think I'll be going to Red 99. I think it's an amusing idea, a fun place to go for a few min, but there're a few things I've learned over the years about pvp....

1) PvP has a worse economy - ppl are too busy measuring their inner cock size (yes, girls have one too)
2) You get killed by other players, not just mobs

... This slows down leveling significantly.

3) Lots of douchebaggery
4) Harder to find groups, people are generally more tense

... On blue servers people are nicer and more likely to group with you.
... You can go to a leveling area without worries about pvp on blue servers; makes you relaxed.
... The more social (friendly) atmosphere is probably the biggest plus for ME

5) Griefers and spies

... This is probably the biggest thing of all.

All of these things weren't enough to stop me from playing PvP on live. But I didn't participate in predatory PvP. I only played on the PvP servers because it was harder and I liked the challenge of surviving in a hostile environment. But I know now what I was only beginning to know then: PvP servers have pathetic populations if they cannot survive without the PvP. You need to have game-play in the game that makes the game great even if you discard the PvP altogether. And, if you add the PvP to the game, it can be devastating, if it disrupts the 'great game' too much. Remember, most players are playing because of things OTHER than pvp. If those things are obstructed or broken then enjoyment is a rare commodity. And, lastly, the more that you can discourage griefing - kind of like how Eve-Online does it - the better.

Few other ideas:
I think PvP will always have less populations because it's... harder. And... Players don't roleplay like npcs/monsters do. Other players don't play by the rules. Other players will outsmart you. They'll even hack/exploit happily.

And they love to massage their inner cock. Don't forget that one. Their cock is their life.

This ^

... and - seriously considering changing my sig to say "Nerd Alert!"

beentheredonethat
09-30-2011, 10:09 PM
I used to play on rallos zek, and it's fun to go once in a while into the "wild". But I still prefer blue casual, it's fun and A LOT less stressful.

Hapless
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe if there was some item drop, then we could talk.

Tarathiel
10-02-2011, 03:10 AM
i played on sullon zek when it went live, and i tried the red server beta on the first night. theres something about a fresh server that has always appealed to me, red or blue. ive always been mainly a blue player and have no intentions of giving up my main, but im also fairly confident that my next alt will be on the red server when it goes live.

Diggles
10-02-2011, 03:12 AM
I got that bluebie a pvp server.

Bluebies love pvp servers.

Phallax
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I love R99 because it seems like the majority of the douche bags I'd run across on a daily basis are missing...I can only assume that is where they went.