PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Leveling Areas

Tappin
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Hello,
My friend and I just made iksar shaman/monk combo, we aren't really twinked but both haves some decent gear, well enough that I think we can duo grind if need be, and thats kind of what we are hoping for. So atm, we are about to hit level 10 in the pit in FoB, but we are wondering where we should hunt from there. We went inside Kurn's and it's most all of it was red.

So what I'm looking for is information on where to go to level through certain ranges.

Thanks for any information! :)

SwordNboard
10-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Can do entry level floor of Kurns at 11+ iirc. I did with my necro anyhow. Can ride out Kurns til 18-20 without milking it too much. Then off to LOIO? Then WW/FM/OT?

Tappin
10-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Alright, that is kind of what I assumed - just grind out the pit until I start on Kurns. Thanks for this info :)

Runeblade
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah you should just stay in FOB and Kurns until maybe 18-20, then move down to LOIO.

burkemi5
10-01-2011, 10:55 AM
if you don't want to go into kurns, as it can be crowded and dangerous at times, you can kill outside of kurns, or anywhere east of the pit really. I was there on my necro in the early teens and it was great.

Tappin
10-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah I did find one area that is mostly Iksar Marauders, not sure what level they are but they are still red to me at level 10... Not to mention the badgers in the pit, most of them still all con red.

burkemi5
10-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah I did find one area that is mostly Iksar Marauders, not sure what level they are but they are still red to me at level 10... Not to mention the badgers in the pit, most of them still all con red.

iirc level 10 and 11 are a little tougher to find bad guys within a reasonable level to kill. there are still blues but they are more difficult to find. when you get to 12+ you can find a plethora of monsters both in kurns and outside. I was able to hunt to level 18 outside kurns, and probably longer, but I wanted a change in scenery and went to loio. good luck!

Handull
10-01-2011, 02:08 PM
yeah, go into kurns once you can, and stay til about 20. Then you can either go to LOIO and do the area between the ruins and the windmill or hit up the giant fort in WW (i like LOIO better, but WW works). You can stay at the spot i mentioned in LOIO until 24 at least. By that time you might be able to go to the sarnak fort. My monk is 23 now and thats the path i've taken so far and its been nice.

twizztid
10-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Even that fact your DECENTLY geared, you should know where to go unless you were Paris Hilton'd into the game :O

Taterskin
10-02-2011, 03:47 AM
FoB is the best Iksar zone for levelling at lower levels. Mobs are condensed in specific areas and there are obvious safe pull areas. Warsliks woods has low visibility, in Lake the mobs are too spread out, and Swamp has a problem with higher lvl mobs pathing through newbie areas. Swamp also has visibility issues compared to FoB.

aresprophet
10-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Tip about Kurns:

If you never, ever kill a Burynai as an Iksar monk you'll be dubious to the badgers in Kurns. This means that you can go into the basement and hunt down higher-level undead without any risk from badgers. As soon as you get one faction hit against the Burynai they turn threatening.

This gives you another hunting option from 17-20 if the upper floors are too crowded, which they get from time to time. Roaming the basement taking out lesser icebones and greater scalebones is easier than splitting the dining room area anyway.