PDA

View Full Version : The Final Giveaway - My Account! (suggestions needed)

Hagglebaron
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
So i've given away pretty much my entire estate, all that's left is the account. Any suggestions on something fun and cool to do as a final hurrah?

Also, if anyone is an expert at King of Dragon Pass, i'll trade my account for an information session with you in which i'll be asking a bunch of questions and expecting detailed answers from experience, it came out for the iPhone as a port recently and i had no idea it ever existed. It's quickly become one of my favorites.

I'd also like to let everyone know that Leoric has officially taken over my leadership of the Trade Federation. He's a chill guy, spends alot of time in the tunnel and really knows his p99 economics. He's proven his integrity and ability time and time again, and i hope you guys will be as cool with him as you have been with me over the months!

Cheers all

Honest
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Have a lottery. Gather everyone and have them random 1-1000 and you pick a number. Closest to the number gets it. Lame idea, but the first one i had.

Softcore PK
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Level 5 gnome warrior pvp deathmatch FFA in arena!

loneless999
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
you should keep the account trust me
once your year at school is done and you have some free time your gonna wish you kept it
remember velious is still to come

Honest
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
you should keep the account trust me
once your year at school is done and you have some free time your gonna wish you kept it
remember velious is still to come

I would say keep it too. Unless your are 100% sure you will never play this game again. And lets face it, you already found your way back to a 12 year old MMO. Chances are you will probably itch to get back at some point, even if just casually.

Atmas
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I would keep it and ask the GMs to give you a one year ban

Roanoke
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I liked the idea of having people enter a lottery by submitting reviews for Tiny Heroes and you picking from there.

Klyre
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
There is no question if you are serious. A treasure hunt (Hagglbaron = Treasure C'mon) that spans the entire game. Definatly add some mathmatical clues to solve. First one to complete it all wins.

/Thread

Ingrum
10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Keep your account man.

beentheredonethat
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
You should keep the account anyway, not like it costs you money.

I know when I quit live, that was years ago. I simply just gave away my stuff to random folks and asked them to be kind to strangers. EQ is simple, not much to it. Lowbies liked the help since early levels are a struggle in eq.

toddfx
10-06-2011, 06:46 PM
There is no question if you are serious. A treasure hunt (Hagglbaron = Treasure C'mon) that spans the entire game. Definatly add some mathmatical clues to solve. First one to complete it all wins.

/Thread

Wow, a treasure hunt in EQ. Aside from the fact that that is pretty much what questing is all about, it would be interesting to see how a player-run treasure hunt could work. I am imagining it would include riddles that relate to the geography of Norrath, cities, particular NPCs/buildings, or really just anything to do with EQ lore.

How reliable is it to "leave" things on merchants? Might be cool to do a geocaching type hunt where you plant the target items on specific merchants.

aresprophet
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Wow, a treasure hunt in EQ. Aside from the fact that that is pretty much what questing is all about, it would be interesting to see how a player-run treasure hunt could work. I am imagining it would include riddles that relate to the geography of Norrath, cities, particular NPCs/buildings, or really just anything to do with EQ lore.

How reliable is it to "leave" things on merchants? Might be cool to do a geocaching type hunt where you plant the target items on specific merchants.

Right now? Damn near impossible. Most vendors are filled to the brim since we haven't had a server reset in weeks. It's killing my dumpster diving.

That said, using some out of the way vendors would work well with the concept. But you'd need to find highly uncommon items that don't have a ridiculous buyback price.

Ames
10-06-2011, 11:51 PM
I think a general lottery would be cool. You could set a number guide line like pick any between 1 and 1000 and have them post their pick here. You could update which number everyone picked on your main post and put in a deadline for when you can enter. If you edit the post you post your number in then you should be DQ'ed. You can use this random # generator to pick the winner. If no one hits the number exactly then you could choose the winner by who was the closest.

Random # Generator Site : http://www.random.org/

Haul
10-06-2011, 11:59 PM
keep the account

burkemi5
10-07-2011, 12:18 AM

this is a good idea. i thought i was done for good... we all know how that goes.

fuark
10-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Yeah don't give away your account man, plus no one wants to see some random guy walking around on Hagglebaron! It would just be wrong.

SirAlvarex
10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I agree with keep your account.

But, if you just HAVE to give it away, I like the treasure hunt idea.

Extunarian
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Keep it!

bonehand
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
If you do give it away...give it to a person who has a character that looks just like Hagglebaron! Oh, that's me...just ask Leoric =P

Excellio
10-07-2011, 09:13 PM
So i've given away pretty much my entire estate, all that's left is the account. Any suggestions on something fun and cool to do as a final hurrah?

Give it to the first player to create a player named Excellio.

Threepoint
10-08-2011, 01:47 AM
I think a general lottery would be cool. You could set a number guide line like pick any between 1 and 1000 and have them post their pick here. You could update which number everyone picked on your main post and put in a deadline for when you can enter. If you edit the post you post your number in then you should be DQ'ed. You can use this random # generator to pick the winner. If no one hits the number exactly then you could choose the winner by who was the closest.

Random # Generator Site : http://www.random.org/

u r dumb

Ames
10-08-2011, 01:56 AM
u r dumb

u r fat

Hagglebaron
10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the advice and kind words ladies and gents, i guess i'll keep the account just in case. It's likely going to lead to me returning for Velious though if i can't fight "the craving" :p

Chiksar
10-08-2011, 11:45 PM
this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/915594-king-of-dragon-pass/faqs/36997) will help with KoDP if you havent found it already Hb.

great game

Mystro
10-08-2011, 11:49 PM

Lol, agreed

sacrilegium
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I say keep the account. You can start from scratch when you begin again after schoolin'.

("Learnin' never taught me nothin', and books is the worst" -Yellowbeard).