PDA

View Full Version : Good Quadding Locations

Estu
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
My druid is about to hit 34 and hence will be able to start quad kiting. I know charming is a really good way to level but I'd like to give quad kiting a shot as well, and I'm looking for good places to do it - preferably spacious zones with a lot of mobs of around the same level and wide open safe spots where I can kite without worrying about adds. The only place that comes to mind off the top of my head right now are the cliffs at Firiona Vie, though if I recall correctly the mobs there are going to be too low for me pretty soon if not already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Aandolaf
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, I only leveled my druid up in classic, so can't help you out with kunark zones if thats what you are looking for. I did specs in OoT and the dwarves at the dock in BB from 34 - 50.

Biffins
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
I believe at that level I quaded the 4 guards at the towers just outside of Qeynos Hills in WK. After that I moved to dwarves at BB docks until 50 or so. Qeynos and BB factions are just about useless anyway.

Estu
10-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd rather stay away from killing good guards, if possible. I'm not really a role player but I don't like the idea of my good-aligned druid killing his allies.

Knuckle
10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
freeport p good

Adrieth
10-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Where is everyone quadding 52-55+? I've tried numerous places, but they all seem to suck one way or another.

- Seafuries: Excellent xp, but usually end up pissing someone off.
- Spirocs in TD: Too low starting at 53-54 (too many LBs)
- Raptors: Aggro range seems large and usually end up running them through the ocean, which sucks
- Burning Wood: Too many other mobs that usually aggro in the middle of the pull

Tappin
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I quaded halfling guards, and I myself am a halfling :D But I don't really like druid and really never planned on getting him past 50, so I could care less about my faction.

The dwarfs in BB... I'm not sure you should even try it until level 40. I just tried it 2 days ago at level 39 with no luck, whatsoever. One of the female dwarves, Ironbend I think was her name, resisted around half of the AoE spells. So when the other 3 were dead she was at like half hp and I was oom. The male dwarf(one of the dwarves inside the buildings) has extremely low hp, and starts trying to run away long before the females are at low health, so you'll have to single nuke him down or time an AoE perfect to hit him and finish him off and also hit the female dwarves.

Some people say they started these dwarves at like 37, but I don't see how it's possible, others say to wait until level 40. There was a level 33 necro killing them the day I tried, and he was handling them without problems. Nearly no resist.

Estu
10-08-2011, 01:50 PM
The male dwarf(one of the dwarves inside the buildings) has extremely low hp, and starts trying to run away long before the females are at low health

Chivalry is dead.

Tappin
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Chivalry is dead.

wut

Daldaen
10-08-2011, 02:25 PM
If you're a boss, Karnors is good. Kiting through water / on sides. Main issue is aggroing a caster that roams through the water. -- In response to the 50+ kite question

34... I'd say mabye Overthere, Spectres in any of the zones they're in, or the dwarves in Butcher that aren't on any faction but their own line (like 12 of them on a single faction line non are important really)

Handull
10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
i quaded in FV along cliffs and in the dvolrog 'underground' from 45-47/48, found the exp great, just pull dark blues (and get a lumi staff). With a lumi staff you can easily do spirocs in TD at 47/48, otherwise its best to wait til 49, they can take you quickly to 52

i didn't quad before 45, so dont know, but like it was said specters (sp?) and OT might be good. I also hear that DL can work for a large range, even into the low 50's (tho spirocs seem 'safer' to me, tho they are more anoying to get to.

not sure where u can quad after 52 (53 if u wanted to stretch out spirocs). charming raptors is great through to 55. I found the exp slowed down a bit at 54, and didn't try it at 55, just bound myself to perma pits to try that out, gl and have fun