PDA

View Full Version : What is an enchanter's roll in AOE groups?

tefog
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
?

mostbitter
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
its not to know the difference between role and roll

Diggles
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
do a bards job better

Autotune
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
?

AOE group... AOE.

Amuk
10-09-2011, 10:17 PM
They generally bandage the mages.

rubiks
10-09-2011, 10:20 PM
AoE Stuns

Mardur
10-09-2011, 10:26 PM
barrel roll (requires illusion dwarf)

Aesop
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Spider roll

Popt
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
single target DD

Daldaen
10-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Lots of trolling and 1 correct answer.

Yes they are there to AE stun. If the mobs aren't stun locked you die very fast. Stun the pocket of mobs while wizards AE the shit out of it. Bards will pull it all, generally to a zoneline. Cleric will toss heal on bard, bard zones out, cleric DAs and the mobs stack up on top of him. Then enchanters zerg in and AE Stun it and then wizards do their shit.

Atleast thats my understanding of the group.

BobSmith
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Lots of trolling and 1 correct answer.

Yes they are there to AE stun. If the mobs aren't stun locked you die very fast. Stun the pocket of mobs while wizards AE the shit out of it. Bards will pull it all, generally to a zoneline. Cleric will toss heal on bard, bard zones out, cleric DAs and the mobs stack up on top of him. Then enchanters zerg in and AE Stun it and then wizards do their shit.

Atleast thats my understanding of the group.

I don't play a chanter here, but we never used a bard on live. One or more of the wizards would always pull. They'd port out, use jboots, cast shields, and then zone in an train everything to the chanters.

The chanters sit facing a corner spamming stuns. The stun has a small push in the direction the chanter is facing. So by facing a corner, eventually everything gets packed neatly into the corner.

Once the wizards have gathered enough stuff, they AoE it all down. Cleric is there to heal and rez.

Best group was always 2 chanters, 1 cleric, and 3 wizards.

Autotune
10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't play a chanter here, but we never used a bard on live. One or more of the wizards would always pull. They'd port out, use jboots, cast shields, and then zone in an train everything to the chanters.

The chanters sit facing a corner spamming stuns. The stun has a small push in the direction the chanter is facing. So by facing a corner, eventually everything gets packed neatly into the corner.

Once the wizards have gathered enough stuff, they AoE it all down. Cleric is there to heal and rez.

That, sounds like a ton of work.

Mardur
10-10-2011, 06:19 PM
It's really not, and it's the best exp in the game. Just high risk and you need people who know wtf they are doing.

Autotune
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
It's really not, and it's the best exp in the game. Just high risk and you need people who know wtf they are doing.

i meant his version compared to having a bard zone out and have a DA class stack the mobs for the enchanters

Werlop
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM

We tried that back in April. The problem is that mobs will not get stunned all at once when the kiter runs by, and by some funky aggro mechanics, the chanters always ended up dying, either from the unstunned mobs running past, or when it took too long to stun the rest and mana issues arose.
With a bard, everything gets rolled up neatly into a bundle so there is no line of mobs running by- just a single mass bundle. Wizards, it seems, have issues doing this with just jboots speed. It was doable, but it took so long that it would have been more efficient to just have a bard do it and risk going lighter on WIZ dps.
Besides, 2 wizards can kill anything you would want to AE and a bard can pull faster. The 3rd wiz is extraneous, really.

vageta31
10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
We just did this exact grouping earlier today. Bard, cleric, enchanter and two wizzies. Bards rounds up mobs and brings to zone, cleric heals him then bard zones. Eventually all the mobs make it to zoneline, cleric DA's and runs forward to bunch mobs tight. Chanter stands in middle and stun locks while wizzies burn down. Apparently it's safer with 2 chanters for the times when mobs resist stun and bash chanter, but it worked ok with only one due to mobs being low enough to not resist often.

Zigfreed
10-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Note that pretty much all of the above advice applies to aeing SF which is apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet. Real pixelated men and women do this in seb where they have these things called corners..

All the wizards run off, tag things with flux staves, and run back to chanter/cleric and squash stuff nice and tightly into said corner and obliterate them in a few PBae casts. It's definitely a practice makes perfect situation but once you've got it you can pull 93% of seb topside per pull, Except for the times you die in a flash of glory.

BobSmith
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Note that pretty much all of the above advice applies to aeing SF which is apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet. Real pixelated men and women do this in seb where they have these things called corners.

I never AE'd SF live. We did Seb mostly. We also did chardok if seb was camped.

Mcbard
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Why would you AE in an indoor zone that has 25+ in it as opposed to an outdoor zone where there is at most 1 other person soloing near a zoneline somewhere? It just sounds silly.

BobSmith
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Except for the times you die in a flash of glory.

Yeah, that brings back memories.

BobSmith
10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Why would you AE in an indoor zone that has 25+ in it as opposed to an outdoor zone where there is at most 1 other person soloing near a zoneline somewhere? It just sounds silly.

True. When I did this on live it was right around the time Luclin was released. So seb was far less crowded.

Dr4z3r
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
To address the original question more directly: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1696

falkun
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Note that pretty much all of the above advice applies to aeing SF which is apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet. Real pixelated men and women do this in seb where they have these things called corners..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LOS was being exploited too much by "pro players", so P99 mobs have no problems finishing (not starting) casts on you through walls. This makes seb less viable as those frogs can now finish those Ice Comets they start.

Also, the corner stun trick does not work on this server because mob push is not implemented like on live. Bard mez song doesn't push mobs either. The most reliable method for getting pulls stacked up has been devised in-game and explained in this thread already: bard pull, cler heal, bard zone, cler DA.

Splorf22
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I always wanted to try aoe'ing Chardok by having a cleric aggro mobs in the tunnel, but somehow it always ended up being Skyfire.

The problem with Skyfire is we never quite managed to kill the Elder wyverns. However, Wizards loved the AOE groups so much we often had a third one just waiting to get in, which usually solved the problem.

Trystych
10-11-2011, 01:55 PM
AE of skyfire wouldn't have been as effective on live because the number of mobs in the pulls people do on p99 would have crashed players out. There was also roaming guardian wurms and ancient wyverns that be really annoying to pull around. The dungeon xp bonus was also a factor.

Autotune
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet thru walls.

All the wizards run off, tag things with flux staves, and run back 10feet before getting Ice Comet'd thru a wall. It's definitely perfect death situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LOS was being exploited too much by "pro players", so P99 mobs have no problems finishing (not starting) casts on you through walls. This makes seb less viable as those frogs can now finish those Ice Comets they start.

This.

Daldaen
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Speaking of... I want an AOE group. Druids are ftw with Upheaval!

Vondra
10-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm picturing an enchanter constantly mez'ing in the AOE group then bitching at everyone for breaking it.

"YOU GUYS SUCK WORST GROUP EVER!"

aresprophet
10-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Speaking of... I want an AOE group. Druids are ftw with Upheaval!

The recast time on Upheaval is too ridiculous. Wizards have like 5 solid AEs they can choose from between during recast times.

Daldaen
10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Hierophant Crook, LIKE A BOSS!

Splorf22
10-12-2011, 12:43 AM
At least when I did AoE in Skyfire, the recast time was not a problem. The wizards would go OOM when I was at maybe 50%. The problem was there would still be 5 elder wyverns around :)