PDA

View Full Version : Why is Fungi Tunic so rare here

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
It fucks over some classes that need it like shaman and monks. How is anyone suppose to be able to afford that at 250K and groups usually dont hold up long enough to ever see a drop.

Fix this and make it like classic this era where it was uncommon, not ultra rare. The nerf to it's drop rate didnt come til like luclin era when thousands had already been distributed.

Thank you

Daldaen
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33178&highlight=fungi+tunic+drop&page=8

Snaggles
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I wish Fungi tunics were more common as well. They were a great perk of live for all classes/races who could wear it.

While perhaps nit-picking I don't think they were necessary for any class. Plenty of monks/shaman that I knew went with stat tunics.

They did make solo life and FD/canni hp recovery much better though.

HawkMasterson1999
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
I bought my fungi for 20k on live.

Harkor
10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
It is the common drop, sat at king for 15 hours yesterday.....saw 1 tunic 1 robe. King himself is the rare part.

azeth
10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I bought my fungi for 20k on live.

fungi tunics around end-Kunark/early Velious on Rodcet Nife were 30k, +/- 0.

30k. To be honest, there is no issue with drop rates, its all mindset and gouging thats driving P99s economy.

Pico
10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
It is the common drop, sat at king for 15 hours yesterday.....saw 1 tunic 1 robe. King himself is the rare part.

hmm 2 kings sounds like a great samplie size

Asher
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
It fucks over some classes that need it like shaman and monks. How is anyone suppose to be able to afford that at 250K and groups usually dont hold up long enough to ever see a drop.

Fix this and make it like classic this era where it was uncommon, not ultra rare. The nerf to it's drop rate didnt come til like luclin era when thousands had already been distributed.

Thank you

The drop was common not uncommon and King wasn't as rare on live as they made him on P99 IMO, but was definitely more rare than he was originally on p99 when they had the robe as his common.

Fungis were commonly sold for 40kish on Prexus during Kunark and In my opinion he spawned about 1 in 4 to 1 in 5. Here he seems to spawn about 1 in 10 from my limited experience at the camp on this server.

Asher

Asher

Nizzarr
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I sold fungis for 200-300k on sullon zek all the time in luclin era.

Softcore PK
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I remember fungis going for 80k - 120k on live VZ.

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
That is post nerf and probably because your server was riddled with dupers.

Even after the nerf on TZ, luclin era Fungis were around 75K.

Sickle
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I remember paying roughly 40k for my Fungi on Quellious within 2-3 months after kunark.

I think the bigger problem is the price gouging as stated already. People willing to pay 200-250k aint gonna drop the price at all.

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Maybe PoP era. Fungis went anywhere from 30-50K around this time on most servers. It is 5-8x that here on p99, even after a bunch of plat was removed after identifying the 365 hackers...

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I remember paying roughly 40k for my Fungi on Quellious within a 2-3 after kunark.

I think the bigger problem is the price gouging as stated already. People willing to pay 200-250k aint gonna drop the price at all.

it is supply & demand and the supply is scarce

quido
10-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I got a tunic for 1k on my server - I demand the same experience here!

Mardur
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I paid 100k for Torpor on live and it goes for like 30k here. Some things are rarer/more common here than they were in classic. Suck it up.

Silentone
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Also, rarety aside..its one of the last camps to be taken most the time.

Galacticus
10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Its all about the economy. People set an arbitrary price and others who dont have the means to camp it themselves have no choice but to pay or go without.

The number one reason Fungi sold for shitloads of plat had everything to do with twinks.

Most people who were camping fungi with a group in sebilis were also raiding planes, and other raid areas that dropped better gear then the fungi.

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Its all about the economy. People set an arbitrary price and others who dont have the means to camp it themselves have no choice but to pay or go without.

The number one reason Fungi sold for shitloads of plat had everything to do with twinks.

Most people who were camping fungi with a group in sebilis were also raiding planes, and other raid areas that dropped better gear then the fungi.

you are painfully stupid my friend

SirAlvarex
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
On Tunare it went for 30kish, then dropped to 20k before Luclin was released. I bought one just after Luclin and had a heck of a time on a Troll Warrior.

Price gouging has something to do with it, but honestly I almost never see them for sale. You'd think an item as prized as that would be camped and sold at a high rate.

As for pricing on P99 being different from live, for the most part most items I've seen are sold for a fraction of the cost on live. Atleast for Tunare, most of the "gut" pricing seems very accurate. It's just the high-end items that seem to cost a lot.

Cujoy
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
If you can find someone to pay 210k they are going to continue to go for 210k no matter how many are on the server. Now if the whole server decided no one was going to buy one until they normalize then you'll get the price you want.

Kevlar
10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
If you can find someone to pay 210k they are going to continue to go for 210k no matter how many are on the server. Now if the whole server decided no one was going to buy one until they normalize then you'll get the price you want.

No shit. And if more dropped, and more people were selling than buying, then the price would drop along with it.

There are several rare spawns that are ridiculously slow compared to live drop rates. FBSS is probably the most glaring example. Those things are ultra common on live, but almost non-existent here.

JerSar
10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
No shit. And if more dropped, and more people were selling than buying, then the price would drop along with it.

There are several rare spawns that are ridiculously slow compared to live drop rates. FBSS is probably the most glaring example. Those things are ultra common on live, but almost non-existent here.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=899

This link says "rare" not "Ultra Common". You fail to see that any server that's been around for over 10 years or even 5 years will have alot of items filtered into the market and make themselves "ultra common" to purchase, but the drop itself doesn't change. I see FBSSs going for sale all the time, what are you talking about 'non-existent'?

Daldaen
10-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Yea the economy here is terribad. I'd blame classic EQ going on for longer before kunark was released than it did on live... people knowing what to farm... people farming the hell out of seafuries and accumulating huge amounts of raw platinum.... and account sales making the super rich even richer.

Not enough platinum sinks in classic/kunark to eat up the huge sums of platinum people have. Other than level 1-50 spells and occasionally tinker bag buying the platinum farmed will stay in players hands forever.

Threepoint
10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
What is the problem here? Why did they reduce spawn rate of king and drop rate of tunic? Is it because of an abundance would help some people level faster?

Then how about nerfing PBAOE groups so they dont decimate entire zones... or bards for that matter and swarm kiting.

Fix the drop rate to live like imo. No reason to have it this way.

Kevlar
10-10-2011, 11:45 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=899

This link says "rare" not "Ultra Common". You fail to see that any server that's been around for over 10 years or even 5 years will have alot of items filtered into the market and make themselves "ultra common" to purchase, but the drop itself doesn't change. I see FBSSs going for sale all the time, what are you talking about 'non-existent'?

I'm talking about the live servers that have only been up for 6 months that are stuck in Kunark as well.

skulldudes
10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
i like to bitch about fungi tunics as much as i possibly can.

if i play for 3 more years consistently, i will still never be able to afford one.

hotstud
10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
^^ If those are your characters it's kind of obvious why you can't afford one. Why the fuck should a level 39 Shaman be able to afford a fungi tunic? I have a 55 Druid and I got 6 FBSS drops this week by just camping frenzy while working. That puts me almost halfway to a fungi without even really trying. Anyone with a 50+ character should be able to farm up enough plat for a fungi in less than a month of casual play.

Anyway, regarding the economy here.. it mainly sucks because every other player in EC is a price gouger who hordes items to control the economy. FBSS isn't rare it's just that if it's being sold for 12k someone with 500,000pp is going to buy it and resell it for 14k because they can. It's that simple. You just buy up every one that comes up for sell below a certain price and resell at your new price and people (who have more platinum than you) get desperate enough to pay the higher rate.

Everyone knows where platinum is created here. Everyone knows the camps. Everyone knows how to get the rare mobs to spawn. Deal with it. Classic EQ will always be super inflated because the cat is out of the bag and there are career EC traders here.

skulldudes
10-11-2011, 01:22 AM
because YOUR FACE.

i suck at eq, man.

Civeal
10-11-2011, 01:38 AM

citizen1080
10-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Yea the economy here is terribad. I'd blame classic EQ going on for longer before kunark was released than it did on live... people knowing what to farm... people farming the hell out of seafuries and accumulating huge amounts of raw platinum.... and account sales making the super rich even richer.

Not enough platinum sinks in classic/kunark to eat up the huge sums of platinum people have. Other than level 1-50 spells and occasionally tinker bag buying the platinum farmed will stay in players hands forever.

/wrists

Threepoint
10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
^^ If those are your characters it's kind of obvious why you can't afford one. Why the fuck should a level 39 Shaman be able to afford a fungi tunic? I have a 55 Druid and I got 6 FBSS drops this week by just camping frenzy while working. That puts me almost halfway to a fungi without even really trying. Anyone with a 50+ character should be able to farm up enough plat for a fungi in less than a month of casual play.

Anyway, regarding the economy here.. it mainly sucks because every other player in EC is a price gouger who hordes items to control the economy. FBSS isn't rare it's just that if it's being sold for 12k someone with 500,000pp is going to buy it and resell it for 14k because they can. It's that simple. You just buy up every one that comes up for sell below a certain price and resell at your new price and people (who have more platinum than you) get desperate enough to pay the higher rate.

Everyone knows where platinum is created here. Everyone knows the camps. Everyone knows how to get the rare mobs to spawn. Deal with it. Classic EQ will always be super inflated because the cat is out of the bag and there are career EC traders here.

No offense but you and everyone else citing resellers and a greater interest in the item are fucking stupid. It is basic economics and the problem is limited supply.

Pyrocat
10-11-2011, 03:29 AM
No offense but you and everyone else citing resellers and a greater interest in the item are fucking stupid. It is basic economics and the problem is limited supply.

Correct. People claiming King is camped all the time are just plain wrong. King is one of the least inhabited spots in seb.

mcy
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
you think a fungus tunic is hard to get? They made the siblisian berserker cloak beyond rare when I know for a fact it was dropping about evenly with runebranded girdles on my server. I doubt they will ever really tell us why this is so but i'm sure they are aware its not a correct drop rate.

beentheredonethat
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
from my understanding is that a lot of [people who were banned] hacked plat into the economy, and it was huge amounts. So supply and demand.

Threepoint
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Bump

sivax
10-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Seriously your bumping this thread? just let it die quit whining. Be happy the server exists, a 5th page of this topic is not going to change it.

Threepoint
10-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Just trying to get shit fixed bro

Pringles
10-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Use the Bug forum. State cold hard facts, not guesses or hearsay.

Snaggles
10-20-2011, 05:43 PM

Items being rare and expensive doesn't mean they are bugged. If that's the case everyone driving a Ferrari should be under investigation.

You know what's funny, I saw a bunch of monks today running around killing stuff without Fungi tunics. Nearly fell out of my chair.

Threepoint
10-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Use the Bug forum. State cold hard facts, not guesses or hearsay.

heres the facts

spawn rate of king is significantly lower than live
+
price of it is going up everyday

Fix the fucking spawn so people want to camp it again.

Tarrak
10-21-2011, 06:01 AM
heres the facts

+

Ah yes now that you posted so much evidence the devs are going to instantly fix it ... /facepalm.

Nizzarr
10-21-2011, 07:31 AM
We've gotten 4 staves, 4 tunics and 1 robe in around 150-175 hours of camping the past month.

I'm not sure if thats right or not but that seems to be 3% spawn, which seems very low compared to live.

thats about 9 king/285 ph, 27 minute timer.

So yea you can sit there for 15-20 hours without seeing a king, and thats "normal".

Also on live, I never saw any fungi staves in over 3 month camping it 4-8 hours a day(it was good money when you were 16!). I'm pretty sure the drop rate on those ultra-rare items is fucked up here. I also got a tunic every 8 hours on live on average after those 3 months.

Snaggles
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
heres the facts

+

heres the facts

Stop your blame rage and learn to play

Threepoint
10-21-2011, 05:51 PM
We've gotten 4 staves, 4 tunics and 1 robe in around 150-175 hours of camping the past month.

I'm not sure if thats right or not but that seems to be 3% spawn, which seems very low compared to live.

thats about 9 king/285 ph, 27 minute timer.

So yea you can sit there for 15-20 hours without seeing a king, and thats "normal".

Also on live, I never saw any fungi staves in over 3 month camping it 4-8 hours a day(it was good money when you were 16!). I'm pretty sure the drop rate on those ultra-rare items is fucked up here. I also got a tunic every 8 hours on live on average after those 3 months.

Threepoint
10-22-2011, 04:31 AM
waiting

baub
10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
waiting

ditto! well, waiting for you to go through the proper channels and give us a proper amount of cold hard facts as to why something should be changed.

here, i'll help you get started ~

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5570

Threepoint
10-22-2011, 06:42 AM
baub on my nob like corn on the cob

I thought this thread deserves to be here and until Mod moves it, it shall be so.

Threepoint
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM
bump

Juugox2
11-11-2011, 07:48 AM

lol yea i can see how on a pvp server tho compared to a blue server i know that shit was alot cheaper

Snaggles
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Did you bump this thread hoping for a change in spawn/drops or a global economic shift based on your opinions?

/Rhetoricalmode off

Flash
11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I think this is the same guy who always wants to band people together at EC Tunnel to oppose the rich hoarding all the Fungi tunics, like it's some sort of conspiracy to kill P99.

Personally, if I had several of them, I wouldn't sell them. Period. They're incredibly useful as a twink item for power-leveling new toons, and I can understand why the few people that have them may not be willing to part with them, under any circumstances.

Muchew
11-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Occupy EC

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Don't think this is going to be changed, sorry friends.

Motec
11-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Project 2011. Eq as the devs who never had a fungi and are jealous as fuck.

Ner ner can't have one!

Flash
11-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Buy a cloth tunic from Boomba the Big in West Freeport and glue mushrooms to it.

Wallah, Fungi Tunic.

Bossco
11-12-2011, 05:14 AM
I don't know anything about the spawn rate on live, but I thought I'd toss in my logs since I've been doing it a bunch lately
150 reavers
13 kings
(7 robes, 5 tunics, 1 staff)

even my + nizzar's post still makes for a relatively small sample size, but use this data as you will~