PDA

View Full Version : Ranger miss rate.

Thrywen
10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey all,

Just a couple of questions.

Does the Ranger miss rate improve? I am level 18 now, and I whiff over half my attacks I bet.

Also, does it get better in terms of damage? My hits are rarely max, and a lot of times, I get 5-10 damage hits. Comparing to a monk of equal level, no comparison. Not that I am expecting monk damage.

Thanks!

Tappin
10-12-2011, 08:40 PM
What weapon are you using as opposed to the monk?
Higher STR = Higher ATK = More hits for max damage. Try to buy some STR items and ask for buffs!
Your weapon will deal 2x weapon damage with a small modifier from STR at lower levels.

My level 15 rogue with a weapon that has a DMG of 10 deals up to 24 right now with my strength at 170. I'm not sure if the damage modification from STR varies from class to class, but that might give you an idea of how much damage bonus you get from STR at lower levels.

Cujoy
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
you have low DW, I'm guessing your Dex is pretty low. Dex governs offhand if I remember right. Str is your friend, if you can't hit often, hit big when you do. There is some school of thought out there that think 2 handers may be better at lower levels.

Eledar
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Your level 18, you just got DW last level right? The monk has had dual wield for 18 levels. Once you get a decent amount of skill in DW you will DW more and harder.

Snaggles
10-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Not sure if caps are lower per level or just max levels. The ranger is lower in weapon skills and offense due to the hybrid thing. Obviously there are things tho that counter balance a bit later. Still, dont expect the same level of monk melee flurries....its their thing.

A ranger is very similar to a warrior (or at least closer). Wanna see some whiffage? Try a SK/Pal with a slow 2hander :).

DoucLangur
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Does the Ranger miss rate improve?

Not really - it's pretty constant: No one misses rangers. :D