PDA

View Full Version : Very Off Topic - Hurt Lucker Sucks

Eastwood
04-01-2010, 09:58 PM
This movie is garbage,

I just saw this last night for my first time, this is fantasy not factual, not even close.

I'm hesitant to go into too much detail because the veterans are cool veterans are bad conversation gets old fast.

When I watch a movie dealing with a war I have some first hand experience with, I usually watch for military accuracy, standard operating procedure accuracy and this movie fails on every single fucking level. The only thing I like about this film is that they filmed in Jordan and the city scenes and people in the back round look very realistic. They filmed this movie in a great location.

However 3 guys rolling around in a humvee all over Iraq without any kind of chain of command or company to answer to is a bunch of shit.

Hasbinbad
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
This movie is garbage,

I just saw this last night for my first time, this is fantasy not factual, not even close.

I'm hesitant to go into too much detail because the veterans are cool veterans are bad conversation gets old fast.

When I watch a movie dealing with a war I have some first hand experience with, I usually watch for military accuracy, standard operating procedure accuracy and this movie fails on every single fucking level. The only thing I like about this film is that they filmed in Jordan and the city scenes and people in the back round look very realistic. They filmed this movie in a great location.

However 3 guys rolling around in a humvee all over Iraq without any kind of chain of command or company to answer to is a bunch of shit.
I thought I was alone in thinking this movie was horrible. The Academy is such a fucking farce. I don't have your experience, but from a critical standpoint the movie was horribly written and directed, complete with bad casting and dipshit cookie-cutter characters who were portrayed badly by mediocre actors. Your testimony about the inaccuracy of the portrayal is something I sensed on a visceral level, but like I said, without the actual experience it's hard to say why. Now I can. Thank you.

Eastwood
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah the acting was bad as hell, I don't think they had a military advisor to help them...

"hay sarge, gee wiz how do you do it man?!!"...

"I don't..... know.... I just don't...... know."

SOB SOB SOB

Whatever

I have to add by the time just before they found the bomb inside some guys stomach, my mind started to wander so much I texted my best friend who just finished his 3rd deployment, to tell him it was a piece of shit. Then I wikipedia'd the movie to see if it really did in fact win a bunch of awards, then I read how the critics give it 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, WTF!!!. Then I also read the veterans hated it, which makes a lot of sense.

Stonewall
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I fell asleep watching this. The action was crappy and some stuff did not follow actual military procedures at all.

Overall I give it a 2/10

bordbard
04-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Agree with everything said... horrible movie.

grindle
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm glad you guys and gals posted this I wont even bother watching it now thanks for saving me 2hours 8-)

magic
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Didn't this movie win like all the awards this year instead of Avatar? Trash.

Hasbinbad
04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Didn't this movie win like all the awards this year instead of Avatar? Trash.
The Academy is a farce. I have felt this way for years. This just confirms.

Ferok
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
'Up' was the best picture of the year IMO. I liked Hurt Locker, but I didn't think it was an oscar winner by any stretch.

Shannacore
04-02-2010, 01:52 PM
'Up' was the best picture of the year IMO. I liked Hurt Locker, but I didn't think it was an oscar winner by any stretch.

UP was really cute :)

Zexa
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
And this is why you're all Pro-EQers and not FAGs(Film Actors Guild).

Movie rocked. Of course it's not 100% realistic. Because, it's like, a movie bros.

Zithax
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Movie rocked. Of course it's not 100% realistic. Because, it's like, a movie bros.

this

Hasbinbad
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM

this
You guys ARE F.A.G.s!!

Finawin
04-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Movie was fucking terrible.

StinkyGreenBud
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes this.