PDA

View Full Version : Compatible class combinations

necrosaurio
10-14-2011, 04:18 PM
EDIT. Sorry, I meant RACE, not class... (I can't edit the title, so it has to stay like this)

As I said before, I am looking to start a duo with my friend.

He wants to play a caster, possibly a magician, druid or necromancer.

For the magician he'd like to be a gnome. For the necro, an iksar. For the druid, a wood elf.

I'd like to roll a dark elf enchanter, just for hide.

Would it be possible to group the dark elf with the other races or will it prove almost impossible due to race/faction issues?

I just looked in the map and getting from Neriak to Steamfont is hell without a port and we don't have any money. I also guess that the druid circle is off bounds for the dark elf. Maybe it would be easier the other way round, taking the gnome to Nektulos?

Faydark is also KoS for the dark elf, if I remember correctly and I don't expect a Tunare worshipping wood elf to last a second in Nektulos.

Cabilis is KoS to everybody and I haven't got a clue how to get there. Maybe the necro can move to... Freeport? EC?

I could always roll a high elf enchanter (boooo!) or a gnome enchanter (I'm short in real life but... no hide!) or get him to forget about being an iksar or gnome and to choose a dark elf necro/magician.

Any suggestions? Sometimes I miss Crescent Reach (for those who don't know, that's the latest city in EQ Live, where everybody can start and nobody is kos, no matter race or religion). Of course, I can be a complete newbie in a few places now :)

bonehand
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Whom you group with won't matter, and getting faction good enough that you or your life partner aren't KOS everywhere you go could help the both of you level up.

At least if you have one good and one evil, the person with the correct faction could handle the selling and restocking while the other is a safe distance away!

Dunno all the faction tricks, but pick agnostic if you can on the mage and enchanter, but the necro and druid are stuck with what they start with, and that plays a huge role in what is available, at least easily available, for cities or even just certain groups within a city - ie Pally guilds...

Quarr Quikblade
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
You won't have so many issues with the Enchanter once you get your illusions. But yeah, go Agnostic when you can if you want the least headache with faction issues.

Mardur
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
You're a fucking enchanter, you can go anywhere. Sell your starting robe to buy the level 1 enchanter pet and some tiny daggers, and solo up to level 4 with it real quick. Then, purchase Illusion: Human.

The traveling isn't bad at all.

Gnome Magician:

Neriak > Nektulos > East Commons > West Freeport > East Freeport > *boat* > Ocean of Tears > Butcherblock Mountains > Greater Faydark (ask someone to bind you here) > Lesser Faydark > Steamfont

Wood Elf Druid:

Neriak > Nektulos > East Commons > West Freeport > East Freeport > *boat* > Ocean of Tears > Kaladim > Greater Faydark (ask someone to bind you here)

If he goes Iksar, make him come to you. You will most likely have to buy his necromancer spells and such until he does the faction work, and he'll need to find a bind most likely in Freeport.

If you level up with him on Kunark it's going to be a nightmare due to no availability of enchanter spells and difficulty in getting friendly with Cabalis until you're higher level, even as an Enchanter.

pickled_heretic
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
there's no city in the world you are KOS in if you are an agnostic enchanter with the right illusion up.

(though there are a few places in some cities where it is dangerous to zone. erudin, for one)

necrosaurio
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
You're a fucking enchanter, you can go anywhere.

That's once I get the spells, before that, I will be KOS and the idea is to level together from the start :)

pickled_heretic
10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
That's once I get the spells, before that, I will be KOS and the idea is to level together from the start :)

a dark elf enchanter with lvl 4 human illusion can go into every city in the the world of everquest save cabilis.

Mardur
10-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Save yourself the headache and get 4 levels on your own man, it's not like it's brain surgery. You can get to him at level 1 easily enough, but you have to avoid guards, you can't sell, and he'll have to supply you with Illusion: Human once you're 4. It's just way too much extra work for no reason.

PL yourself to 4 with pet (Pendril's?), get Illusion Human, and then you're good to go.

Quarr Quikblade
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Just start out lvling in EC/Oasis. He can hit up FP and you can hit up either Neriak to the north or grobb to the south or the FP tunnels under the city (for evil trainers & vendors). Oasis will get you into the early 20s.

azeth
10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
a dark elf enchanter with lvl 4 human illusion can go into every city in the the world of everquest save cabilis.

for real? I assume they must be agnostic, but honestly I'm shocked Oggok and Grobb bouncers & guards tolerate this.

Kabilos
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM

And if your leveling with your friend, level 4 is like .. good hour or 2 of hunting together.

Then your set.

Mardur
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
If you're incapable of getting level 4 without your omnipotent buddy, make him come to you.

Mardur
10-14-2011, 04:58 PM
for real? I assume they must be agnostic, but honestly I'm shocked Oggok and Grobb bouncers & guards tolerate this.

I believe he means that the cities that you can't enter with Illusion: Human you're already fine naturally as a Dark Elf. And this is true. A level 4 Dark Elf Enchanter can go anywhere save Cabalis.

pickled_heretic
10-14-2011, 04:58 PM

agnostic dark elf enchanters are not kos in grobb or oggok. you will be apprehensive to most trolls, indifferent to most ogres.

Snaggles
10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
With your illusions life is easy. With your friend even coming to you it's not a big deal as most casters will get invis/bind fairly early on.

If he or you decide to make a melee life gets more complex. Still, with a buddy to invis/bind you can fight almost anywhere together if careful.