PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mob melee immunity following Intimidation.

Vohl
10-16-2011, 02:07 AM
I've been experiencing something off in Runnyeye. After using Intimidation on a mob to gain a little Bind Wounds time, the mob appears to be melee invulnerable for some time following the fear wearing off. The mob attacks normally, however hitting Autoattack or Flying Kick has no effect whatsoever. Some indeterminate amount of time later, the mob can be attacked again.

Mobs were intimidated on the west side of the canal. Both elite guards and dazed goblin guards have the same invulnerability.

Sorath
10-16-2011, 05:33 AM
RUNNEYE FLAWWED ......SEND MEN IN BLACK

Vohl
10-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your efforts to improve Red99's server quality, Sorath. It is especially touching that you cleverly drew attention to your contribution by using all caps.

The issue here may well be bigger than Runnyeye. If the same thing happens in other zones, it is a pretty significant bug affecting a class feature for monks and rogues.

Something possibly related happened with Intimidation a few minutes ago. When attacked by a green-con guard in between fights, I Intimidated it off and FDed. After resting up to full HP, I went off looking for XP mobs, the same critter jumped me, filling my screen with red max-hit spam. Its attack speed was instantaneous -- several seconds worth of swings filled the screen.

jilena
10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Vohl, from IRC backscroll for last night it looks like there were connectivity/lag issues which I think would also cause the weird "fear" behavior your are describing. Is it still doing it today?

Vohl
10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
It was happening both before and after the connectivity problem. I don't believe it was related, since the mobs were hitting and following me just fine. When I had connectivity issues, the mobs froze up and did not follow.

The mob that jumped me with a huge burst of max damage hits may well have been due to connectivity.