PDA

View Full Version : Best duo class combinations

necrosaurio
10-16-2011, 07:16 AM
In the last few days I've been trying to find good class combinations for duos but the search doesn't like either "duo" or "best" because they're too short or too common, so I am going to try to collect all the opinions and then either ask for it to be stickied or to add it to the wiki.

My idea is to list a class and then all the classes that are good duo partners with the reasons why they compliment each other and the caveats about duoing. Yeah, there will be some redundancy because everything will be listed twice but it does make for easier searching in case you know one of the classes you want to play.

EG (I don't know much about warriors or the other classes, this is just an example and I'm happy to correct things):

Warrior duos well with:

- Cleric. Pros: best healer, rezz, some buffs, DPS against undead. No exp penalty. You can kill everything. Cons: Kills will be really slow

-Druid. Pros: heals and buffs. SoW. Damage shield. Transports. Some DPS. No exp penalty. Outdoors pulling. Charming can provide decent DPS outdoors. Cons: No complete heal. Dependency on outdoors. Charming is risky.

Please help me add all the details for all the classes :)

Kevlar
10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Druids can charm indoors too. Lots of dungeons have animal mobs. Blackburrow (bear, fish), U. Guk (crocs), L Guk (bats), Cazic Thule (crocs), Permafrost (dogs, bears), solb (bats), chardok (choki dogs). I'm sure there are a lot more, these are just some of the ones I remember using.

necrosaurio
10-16-2011, 08:39 AM
So Kevlar, can you contribute a list of classes that are great duos for a druid to pair with?

Kevlar
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
So Kevlar, can you contribute a list of classes that are great duos for a druid to pair with?

Druids work well with most casters. They don't have good enough heals and no slow or fear so they aren't the best for melee duo. Cleric or Shaman are much better melee partners.

Shaman and druid work very well together, as do necros. Similar playstyles with fear or root rot and dots.

Mages and wizards not so much because of different playstyles. Aggro kiting still works, but druid dots get reduced dmg. No fear, which is the best way to dot kite. Rooting is also out since mage and wiz direct dmg will break it constantly.

Enchanters are by far the best duo though. Dual charm and perfect buff stacking. These two classes cover most of the utility in the game.

jarshale
10-16-2011, 11:18 AM
2 rangers. what could go wrong?

Hexum
10-16-2011, 11:35 AM
2 rangers. what could go wrong?

I saw one of these duo ranger teams soloing an entire camp, agreed they're amazing. Try that combo.

Lovely
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
It depends on what you want to do. If you wanna crawl in dungeons and do bosses, or if you wanna exp outdoors or possibly quad kite etc..

criddopher
10-16-2011, 12:11 PM
As a necro I duo with a mage. At first we tried cleric/mage but the kills were really slow.

Necro/mage (level 23 now) so we can still kill yellow/red cons easy enough. Almost no downtime as necro can heal mage if needed and allure of death makes mana not an issue. Necro dots and mage fire pet we dont need nukes.

The downside so far is its hard to hunt in dungeons, earth pets root isnt reliable. thats about the only issue I have with it so far. Otherwise we take down mobs better than some full groups i've been in

Kimja
10-16-2011, 12:39 PM
My wife and I were ENC/WIZ combo on live. Obviously all kiting, but with her snare, both with jboots, my clarity and some extra DPS from my animation, we did quite well. Plus travelling was easy!

Calten
10-16-2011, 12:40 PM
As a necro I duo with a mage. At first we tried cleric/mage but the kills were really slow.

Necro/mage (level 23 now) so we can still kill yellow/red cons easy enough. Almost no downtime as necro can heal mage if needed and allure of death makes mana not an issue. Necro dots and mage fire pet we dont need nukes.

The downside so far is its hard to hunt in dungeons, earth pets root isnt reliable. thats about the only issue I have with it so far. Otherwise we take down mobs better than some full groups i've been in

Calten
10-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Necro/Necro

Snaggles
10-16-2011, 01:33 PM
For overall performance its hard to beat the monk/shaman combo. Really sham and any melee.

A Shammy and Wiz/druid would make a very potent outdoor combo with ports. They provide snare for a sham who is boarderline OP by themselves.

Charm fighting is a different game style. If its your cup of tea disregard for a bettet combo.