PDA

View Full Version : Were Magician Pets Nerfed?

Rickey
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Just returned today after 4-5 month break and last I remember my pet could damn near solo 2 cyclops without much help, mayb a nuke here and a heal but now he's struggling soloing just 1...so my question is was the pets nerfed? if so I don't think ill have as much love for my magician anymore, thats our only protection and if hes garbo now im going to throw him away most likely.

Connador
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM
A little over a month ago I remember something happening to necro pet DPS, specifically the flying kick. It's a possibility.

Zenlina
10-17-2011, 04:49 AM
In no particular order on timeline of change.

- Pet no longer duel wield automatically, u need to equip them with weapons
- Pet kick damage has been reduced, they use to kick as much as a hit, now its more like 5-20 dmg or some crap like that, unless of cause the pet is specialized like rogue/monk pet. And the frequency at which this happens is also less.
- Pet agro has been greatly reduced
- Pet overall damage avg has been reduced slightly. As in they dont max out there hits as much as before, and there lowest hit has also been lowered so instead of hitting minimal for around 30+ like before they are hitting around 12?? or somewhere around there. But this change also effected on all melee classes not just pets.

So no more chain petting for you unless u back it off and have lots and lots of weapons to equip em with to duel wield. Plus the lvl 50+ pets actually have less hp then the pre 50 pet so keep that in mind.

You are now a item making factory. Nothing else and nothing more, pet controls are messed up and pathing is really bad so pretty much useless on raids besides maybe ds for some fire resist and dropping mods after a boss kill or dropping dispell sticks preping to kill a boss. And summoning players but cost you abit of pp plus people want hellva pp for CoTH scroll.

Harrison
10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Pet aggro is so broken you can sit, send your pet at a mob, and the mob will ignore the pet that just attacked it and come straight for you.

They're aware of this but are too busy to fix it. So, don't freak out.

Juugox2
10-17-2011, 07:59 AM
its not that bad let your pet get few hits in sit down takes like 3-4 sec man lol

Zenlina
10-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Just dont blast it too early. Plus if you pro you can expliot the agro with sit/stand and ping pong three mob back and forth whilst the pet eat one up one at a time. So with some features reverting back to classic, theres some new features that will keep it abit interesting. Not only with the magician class but with some of the other ones too.

feanan
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
well, playing a lower level pet class...

I pull the mob with proximity agro. Don't cast or attack it in any way.

Pet gets it down to 75%.

Mob still won't get off me.

Broken? you bet

Mardur
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Magicians are a fraction of the power they used to be on live.

- Weapon delay has no effect
- Rune of Swords proc broken
- Pets are significantly weaker
- Bolts are buggy
- Pet aggro is nonexistant

L1ch
10-17-2011, 03:25 PM
We can only hope so.