PDA

View Full Version : Question about Druid Charm Pets

wingelefoot
10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi All,

From what I can gather, it seems like most people suggest using daggers as pet weapons. Is there a reason for this other than economy? Thanks in advance :D

pickled_heretic
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi All,

From what I can gather, it seems like most people suggest using daggers as pet weapons. Is there a reason for this other than economy? Thanks in advance :D

nope

it's not really classic, but the stats on the weapons you give your pets are completely irrelevant, i give my pets regular "daggers" because it is easy to find vendors that sell them and they are relatively cheap at 2p a piece (for a somewhat higher level character)

but you can give them whatever crap you like as long as it is 1h and can be primary/secondary.

of special note: weapons that have procs will proc when a pet wields them, this makes weapons like gnoll hide lariats and ebony blades quite fun to use.

pickled_heretic
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM
and the only reason to give a pet weapons at all is to get them to duel wield (and to make them look cool), this becomes relevant at lvl 20+ depending on your pet's level.

Snaggles
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi All,

Cheap and light, small size.

Mardur
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I miss the PoK vendor with infinite rusty daggers.

SoulLeech
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi All,

Sounds like a mental carry-over from the time in classic that Necro pets took weapon delay (no idea this was ever true for others).

Kevlar
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a mental carry-over from the time in classic that Necro pets took weapon delay (no idea this was ever true for others).

No, the reason has already been stated. Daggers are the cheapest vendored 1 handed weapon, well clubs are the same price, but daggers weigh a lot less than a club. So you carry a handmade backpack full of 10 daggers and you have enough for a couple nights of adventuring.

SoulLeech
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
No, the reason has already been stated. Daggers are the cheapest vendored 1 handed weapon, well clubs are the same price, but daggers weigh a lot less than a club. So you carry a handmade backpack full of 10 daggers and you have enough for a couple nights of adventuring.

In other words, economy.

a : thrifty and efficient use of material resources : frugality in expenditures; also : an instance or a means of economizing

The original question:

Hi All,

Thanks.

Kevlar
10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
In other words, economy.

a : thrifty and efficient use of material resources : frugality in expenditures; also : an instance or a means of economizing

The original question:

Thanks.

economy + weight, if it was just economy people would have a backpack full of clubs. Most druids don't have 255 strength though so daggers are the most obvious choice. Has nothing at all to do with some necro pet myth.

pickled_heretic
10-18-2011, 08:39 AM

actually it was true for all mobs (including charmed mobs) as well during classic, this is one of the reasons that dorn b'dynn, ambassador dvinn and the other infamous dragoon dirk wielders across norrath were so brutal for their con - they attacked about 30% faster, and thus did 30% more dps than a normal mob of equivalent level, because they wielded dragoon dirks.

SoulLeech
10-18-2011, 09:10 AM
economy + weight, if it was just economy people would have a backpack full of clubs. Most druids don't have 255 strength though so daggers are the most obvious choice. Has nothing at all to do with some necro pet myth.

Delicious.

You're trying and failing at splitting hairs to presumably save face over some incredibly trivial shit here.

Please cook me up a dissertation on the distinction of weight from the larger question of economy with a second course of outrage at my use of the word "trivial". Naturally, I'll take that served over the false premise that what started this is somehow mutually exclusive.

For dessert I'll have a further demonstration of your classic EQ ignorance to top off that bit about the necro pet "myth" above.

Extunarian
10-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Weight and size is a pretty big issue when comparing the cheapest weapons that vendors carry in unlimited quantity:

club (5wt, size: medium)
vs
dagger (2.5wt, size:small)

I always keep a stock of daggers in a large soiled bag (http://zam.zamimg.com/images/3/1/3114af19866330523f5a2dca35ab7cda.png). Clubs wouldn't fit since that bag only holds small sized items, and I'm not going to buy a tink bag just to carry around 10x pet weapons.

As an aside: Carrying a fishing pole and bait is also a good idea...with a high fishing skill I can usually fish 2 rusty daggers out of the water when I run out of my vendor-bought daggers.

Kassel
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Weight is the main issue by far.

Snaggles
10-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Delicious.

You're trying and failing at splitting hairs to presumably save face over some incredibly trivial shit here.

Please cook me up a dissertation on the distinction of weight from the larger question of economy with a second course of outrage at my use of the word "trivial". Naturally, I'll take that served over the false premise that what started this is somehow mutually exclusive.

For dessert I'll have a further demonstration of your classic EQ ignorance to top off that bit about the necro pet "myth" above.

On the other hand you are accomplishing little more than terminology masturbation and gloating like a sophomoric English student.

You proposed in idea. Most people disagreed archaic logic is still being applied by educated players. You became upset and looked up the word "economy". Game...set...match? :confused:

pickled_heretic
10-18-2011, 12:56 PM
On the other hand you are accomplishing little more than terminology masturbation and gloating like a sophomoric English student.

You proposed in idea. Most people disagreed archaic logic is still being applied by educated players. You became upset and looked up the word "economy". Game...set...match? :confused:

this is such a retarded thing to argue about but there are people in my guild who still believe that pet dps is affected by delay on p1999.

SoulLeech
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Can't gloat without being victorious. Thanks for your support.

If you spent more time attempting to help people than acting like a smarmy fuck perhaps a rudimentary question could be answered in less than two pages.

Dismissive asshatery begat smarmy fuckery. Kill it at the root.

It has nothing to do with the "necro myth", which in reality was never a myth as it at one point TRULY was reality (hence the nerf).

My point exactly, your demonstrated lack of comprehension by believing you need to reiterate it to me.

You proposed in idea. Most people disagreed archaic logic is still being applies by educated players. You became upset and looked up the word "economic". Game...set...match? :confused:

Educated players? Like the one actually believed Necro pet delay be to be a myth or those who have consistently failed to comprehend the OP's request for an exception to the well understood matter of efficiency?

Got it.

Snaggles
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
this is such a retarded thing to argue about but there are people in my guild who still believe that pet dps is affected by delay on p1999.

True.

Hrmmm, I had no clue. I stand corrected :)

For the record though rebutting with the definition of "economy" is still the most retarded thing I have seen since that clip of Taylor Swift rapping...

*hugging a Thesaurus*

The only victory you have achieved is having half the thread readers digging through their User CP for ignore settings.

Next time aim for eloquence AND a point.

SoulLeech
10-18-2011, 01:52 PM
For the record though rebutting with the definition of "economy" is still the most retarded thing I have seen since that clip of Taylor Swift rapping...

Really? My personal favorite is the guy tried to be cute by posting the definition of "myth" then quickly edited it when he realized he was utterly wrong and talking out of his ass.

Next time aim for eloquence AND a point.

I'm not sure eloquence is the word your looking for here. I should give you my unabridged thesaurus.

I've discovered that it just isn't economical to lug around a 4.5 pound book when I can just use the app on my phone.

Kisses.

Kevlar
10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Really? My personal favorite is the guy tried to be cute by posting the definition of "myth" then quickly edited it when he realized he was utterly wrong and talking out of his ass.

I'm not sure eloquence is the word your looking for here. I should give you my unabridged thesaurus.

I've discovered that it just isn't economical to lug around a 4.5 pound book when I can just use the app on my phone.

Kisses.

No idea why you are getting so butt hurt over this. Snaggles correctly answered the question with post number four. He managed to do that with a fraction of the energy you seem to enjoy wasting on grammar lessons that no one cares about.

Maybe you should be more economical with your vocabulary, like snaggles, instead of being such a whiner.