PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Mh top end Vs Ratio

Selly
10-19-2011, 12:23 AM
How much does a rogues main hand damage affect backstab when comparing similar weapons in which one has a better ratio but lower top end?

Say Slime Coated Harpoon (10/25) vs Jade Chokidai Prod (11/30)

Mardur
10-19-2011, 12:37 AM
gamparse

Selly
10-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Just looking for a general idea if 1 MH damage is going to make a huge difference in back stabs as I don't have the plat to buy both and run a dps parse with them.

skulldudes
10-19-2011, 01:59 AM
i've always heard that damage is king on a rogue mh, but i have nothing to back that up with.

Kika Maslyaka
10-19-2011, 02:16 AM
How much does a rogues main hand damage affect backstab when comparing similar weapons in which one has a better ratio but lower top end?

Say Slime Coated Harpoon (10/25) vs Jade Chokidai Prod (11/30)

BS dmg based of weapon base dmg, however in this specific case Prod only 1 point higher than Harpoon, while Harpoon has far superior DPS ratio
You will maybe win 3 extra BS dmg points with the prod, but will loose much more on the regular attacks

Tappin
10-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Are you still lower level?

BS damage has such a HUGE range of damage it can cause, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have the Slime Coated Harpoon, at level 10 I BS'd for like 86, now at level 19 my hardest hit is 126... Thats with really low end twink gear, I think I spent around 3k total. I have 175 str unbuffed as a dwarf. I BS'd multiple times tonight, for around 20, with a level 40 druid STR buff. And my average BS damage is around 70-85 more or less.

So I'd say if you go with the other weapon your BS damage is going to average out really close to the same, since there is such a massive range of damages that it can deal. I'd goes with the Slime Coated Harpoon.

As far as regular hits, if you have higher STR or have STR buff, etc, etc... You will be hitting pretty hard with the harpoon. Even at level 10 my weapon was dealing more than x2 weapon damage from auto swings, and now that I'm level 19 I've seen it hit for 32 a few times.

Diggles
10-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Doesn't the Prod have shammo stats?

Atmas
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Doesn't the Prod have shammo stats?

So does the Slime Coated Harpoon.

Wis + 5 mana + 10

Snaggles
10-19-2011, 01:25 PM
It's very close but the Jade Prod will edge out the SCH in the 50's slightly.

Cost is prob your bigger issue. If you're doing more melee than backstabbing (ghetto tanking, solo) the SCH is a better leveling weapon.

pickled_heretic
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
the price on jade prods has tanked in the last couple of weeks. seen them selling for less than 1k yesterday.

if you want an affordable twink weapon i would highly recommend it.

Selly
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah I went with the SCH initially was just asking whether the difference would be that noticeable as i was grouping with another rogue who seemed to be hitting a bit harder but I'm thinking the biggest difference was 2 levels + str + jade prod dmg all together.

Lanuven
10-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Find the weapon that you can afford with the highest dmg. When backstab pops up, swap that weapon in and click BS. who cares about the ratio if its only being swapped in for a second..Use normal dps weapons that you can afford for regular melee..who cares if its 2 jade maces. Sustained melee dps + your high damage wep for backstabs is all you need.
<drunk post> if it doesnt make sinece

Snaggles
10-21-2011, 09:05 PM
I personally wouldnt. thats alot of dancing and if you time it wrong you will bs with a low dmg weap (which is a bigger deal in the high levels).

Just my 2 cents tho. Your call.