PDA

View Full Version : My first few hours on the server...

xnolanx
04-03-2010, 03:54 AM
I would like to start with saying I only have experience with EverQuest from... hard to say, .. for sure, after PoP, the content had been cleared.. but needless to say past OoW and Depths.. but I never really truly experienced end-game to the point of raiding anything..

Anyways, a little off topic, but from my first experiences, it was completely different! I loved it.. Had an unexpected corpse run at level 4? Haha, but overall I have to say it's a great platform of classic, you couldn't ask for anything better.. Still having to adjust to the downscale of the gear I've seen in the /ooc, but it's still good. I've been leveling a halfling rogue up by the name of Nolan..

Anyways, love the server, and plan on leveling to 50 up here as fast as I can.. got a good bit of everquest experience, and ready to see the REAL game as it came out. I've always wanted to get a feel of the game when it came out of the box, but never ever would I think I could get to experience the original game and it's end game as so many people got to see and enjoy..

Humerox
04-03-2010, 07:04 AM
I've always wanted to get a feel of the game when it came out of the box, but never ever would I think I could get to experience the original game and it's end game as so many people got to see and enjoy..

That's what we all are here for. :)

Welcome to P99!

Eastwood
04-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Dude, I wish you the best of luck!

Post POP EQ is a lot easier but this classic EQ is what memories were made of and why we still love this 10-11 year old game now.

Its really hard now, but Kunark will improve the items and make the economy easier for casual players especially.

Good luck

Maximus
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the server bud. I'd give anything to be a true new player to all this content. best MMO ever

Elendae
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
welcome. Always good to see more solid EQers. I'm glad some of the bugs haven't been too much of a turn-off. Seen quite a few newish players quit over the stacking bug this week and I rarely have ooc even on.

also don't rush through the low levels!

JaVeDK
04-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Had an unexpected corpse run at level 4?

Hope you made it to Qeynos safely? ;)

xnolanx
04-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Haha!~ I did, actually :) leveling in blackburrow right now..

DevGrousis
04-03-2010, 04:14 PM
halfling rogue ! good idea. + modifiers to experience is always good especially when your new. this hybrid xp penalty is a killer for us bards ;D (but imagine the troll SK's hahaha)

Arkanjil
04-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the server!

mixxit
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
welcome back commander! eek wait, wrong game!

Caere
04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Hehe I saw you asking about the RV > Qeynos run the other night, Glad to see you made it! :)

I'm new myself, currently in CB leveling my High Elf cleric, but it seems like there's more then enough clerics at this level. Is this true for later on in the game?

Arkanjil
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Hehe I saw you asking about the RV > Qeynos run the other night, Glad to see you made it! :)

I'm new myself, currently in CB leveling my High Elf cleric, but it seems like there's more then enough clerics at this level. Is this true for later on in the game?

There can never be too many clerics. :)

xnolanx
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I eventually made it... got some ports from a very friendly druid to the karana's after i walked the first time and died.. lol..

grindle
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Welcome to 1999 8-)

gambetto
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Welcome aboard!

Tudana
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
/wave - good to see more showing up to play...hope the devs and the server can hold up to the influx..;)

BuzWeaver
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I just came on-board today. Some old guild mates of mine had mentioned the EMU when it first came out but I was playing The Living Legacy promo and was wrapped up in EQII.

Today I finally got around to loading the game and I must say the guys have done a marvelous job. What's interesting is the way the guys created the servers is very much how a friend of mine constantly opines how he'd like to see EQ iterated.

I would have never thought it would be possible to suit his particular criteria, but I think the EMU crew have done it. Now the question is, will he play, LOL?