PDA

View Full Version : Thank you GM-Secrets

Joessins
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Secrets,

I just want to say thank you last night for directing me to the AMD update. My problems are 100% fixed. I really appreciate your help and understanding. Keep it up!! Smoke bowls

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Drolgurd Ftw!!

Zordana
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
go, post informations about that AMD update, so others who have the same problem can fix it aswell ;)

mgellan
04-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Is this the multi-core runs too fast issue? This is not just an AMD thing, I just started playing on a new dual core laptop and had the same problem. Essentially EQ freaks out when it runs on more than one core so the solution is lock it to one core. You can do this easiest by downloading runfirst.exe (http://www.activeplus.com/Products/RunFirst) and installing the app in your EQ directory.Then change the command line to run eq in the properties for the EQ icon to:

c:\path\to\eq\Sony\Everquest\runfirst "eqgame.exe patchme"

Runfirst won't pass the patchme parameter along unless you put it in quotes.

Regards,
Mg

Secrets
04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
No problem. The update on the AMD website is here for anyone wondering:

http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDownloads/DCO_1.1.4.zip

Uaellaen
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
secrets, your the best ;)

Joessins
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah this fix really helps all the fast running. I got suspended from Planetside for 1 week because my tank was going faster then a mosy. Was hilarious. But now its fixed so no more mis haps. Thanks again Secret.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Drolgurd FTW

Caere
04-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah this fix really helps all the fast running. I got suspended from Planetside for 1 week because my tank was going faster then a mosy. Was hilarious. But now its fixed so no more mis haps. Thanks again Secret.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Drolgurd FTW

Ahh, the old AMD bug in planetside :p I remember the Dual Core AMD users WARPING like mad :D