PDA

View Full Version : pick up dragon raids.

feste
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm just curious about this. By the time i got to 52 on Drinal, Naggy and Vox where pic up raids. Was this a normal thing across the servers? I didn't get to my 50's till after Velious came out so maybe the loot was trivial by then or people didn't want to wait around and went after their 60th level and epics. I was just curious if that was the natural progression of servers or if Drinal was unique.

-Feste

ps. I do realize that this is the farthest thing from a natural server so I am pretty sure it isn't going to happen here for the foreseeable future.

Misto
10-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I remember going on a pickup raid before. Won a bladestopper. Was Lanys T'vyl.

Extunarian
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Who knows what will actually happen here...but I would be not be surprised if naggy and vox started being left up significantly longer once velious hits.
I'm sure if there is nothing better to do and the dragons have been up for a day or so then someone will take them out, but your window for organizing a pick-up should be much larger.

Dentalplan
10-21-2011, 09:57 AM
With epics coming sometime soon here, Naggy and Vox will probably be even more heavily contested for awhile, especially among guilds that don't have bags full of scales in the bank. I'd like to think this will cool down by the time Velious comes out, especially since it will probably be at least a year before that happens, but who knows.

WizardEQ
10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I remember going on a pickup raid before. Won a bladestopper. Was Lanys T'vyl.

When in Lanys? I was with Chosen of Norrath since inception '00-'02.

Xaxian

falkun
10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I doubt PU raids will happen on this server for Vox/Nagafen. The P99 raid mob variance (TM) really kills the ability for a non-organized group to contest these spawns.

Maybe once Velious comes out, these mobs will be left alive longer, but items like the scales, CoFs, RBBs, eyepatch, bags and teeth are so good that they will never become obsolete on this server. And even if they are technically obsolete, the portion of the population that can obtain better will remain small.

But mostly, its the variance. PU players will not want to dedicate up to 96hrs for the spawns while more organized forces have developed methods to cope with this issue.

Mcbard
10-21-2011, 10:49 AM
On Tarew-Marr there was a guild (my first "raiding" guild) that kept their characters sub 52 so that we could kill Naggy/Vox repeatedly. This was Velious era.

Juugox2
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
i wish i remember on eci there was tons of public raids unlike here this was mostly 99 before kunark after that everyone was worried about lvls but before that it was pretty badass 80-100 ppl in fear different guilds lol it was awesome to me

lil naggy with full bronze zerging but for me hate and fear was the best back then sky i dont recall many public that was mostly guild

Cwall
10-22-2011, 08:10 AM
On Tarew-Marr there was a guild (my first "raiding" guild) that kept their characters sub 52 so that we could kill Naggy/Vox repeatedly. This was Velious era.

what guild?

i am also from tarew marr