PDA

View Full Version : JB Breastplate....

Maze513
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Since the classic thing is basicly out the window at this point, I think its time we all consider changing the Effect on the JBBp from a sub 20 Druid selfbuff, to something alot more inline with the JB series and alot more useful to the others you play with.

Now I was thinking something like Talismen of Altuna. It in line with the other mana free effects of the collection and it would help alot when buffing and if the HP gained form casting this spell is considered to over powered for the shaman class, well then Im sure you guys can figure something out, we know your not stupid lol

So I just wanted to throw that out there and see what others think...

citizen1080
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
we know your not stupid lol

Speak for yourself sir

Massive Marc
10-21-2011, 07:27 PM
umm how about no.

Snaggles
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Sure why not? And on the topic of odd impossible nerfs lets get rid of that gravity stuff. Always holdin me down.

baub
10-21-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd rather have the ac + ds that lasts for hours over a mana free altuna tbh

Mardur
10-21-2011, 08:54 PM
What a terrible suggestion. Bramblecoat is one of the best Kunark BP effects. It's really the only reason to own it, considering the stats are terrible. Shaman have infinite mana, any manafree buff would be completely useless. Considering how often shaman tank things, an AC + DS buff that they don't normally have access to is an excellent clicky to own.

Tiggles
10-21-2011, 11:03 PM
ITT: People who don't have JBBP

Daldaen
10-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Life isn't fair.

Clerics get mana free CHeal, melee get a 100 HP clicky, druids get an inferior regen clicky and shamans get a self DS...

Galelor
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
On live I used my JBBP clicky many many expansions after it dropped. A change in click is stupid. AC clicks are sexy. DS portion of the click is sexy because we don't get spells to cast a DS natively (outside of alchemy...)

Extunarian
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Tuna heals for 250. Even if you made it 30 seconds that would basically be 500hp/min. That is way too much free hp regen to give to a shaman.

The downside would be not being able to channel your JBB or canni during that 30 seconds but damn that would still be OP.

Extunarian
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Since the classic thing is basicly out the window at this point

false

mwatt
10-26-2011, 03:31 PM
OP, you are either talking smack or else you just don't suss out reality too well. Just because the current implementation (and it changes as we go) doesn't suit your taste, you think that we can instruct devs to make completelyl non-classic changes to the game? You think that everyone else who plays here wants to see the server devolve into some ordinary EQEmu variant? Well, the answer is "no" and "no", respectively.

Bottom line: The overwhelmng majority of the players and all of the dev team are here for classic EQ. Suggestions to move the server farther from classic EQ will be scorned or ignored. Do we need to get closer to classic? Yes we do, there are still some things missing and/or not right. Does that mean we should just willy nilly change whatever we want? No.

Mardur
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Tuna heals for 250. Even if you made it 30 seconds that would basically be 500hp/min. That is way too much free hp regen to give to a shaman.

The downside would be not being able to channel your JBB or canni during that 30 seconds but damn that would still be OP.

Would still be pointless. Have you heard of Torpor?

Extunarian
10-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Would still be pointless. Have you heard of Torpor?

Yeah, and that would be a mini torpor available to anyone levels 46 to 59. Don't be obtuse.

Kassel
10-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Since the classic thing is basicly out the window at this point,

Stopped reading here because you are a moron

joreyklein
10-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Leave it as is.

Mardur
10-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, and that would be a mini torpor available to anyone levels 46 to 59. Don't be obtuse.

Yeah, because Torpor takes 60 seconds to cast.

What you're proposing would be a BP that's only useful to shaman <60. Whereas Bramblecoat is already useful to every shaman.

Kika Maslyaka
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I am surprised that a subject of changing effects on a classic item even got serious replies - why don't we add Ice Comet cliky to Crafted Bracer while we at it ;)