PDA

View Full Version : New player ! (Class creation suggestions)

Pyronost
10-23-2011, 02:57 AM
Good evening (or morning for a lot of you)!

Recently picking EQ back up after playing/GM'ing on one of the other legends servers, and I decided to wander over to the legit, non-super custom awesomeness of p99.

However, due to the huge differences between the custom servers and p99 in classes, Im asking for a wee bit of help in selection here. End-game wise, what is most desired?

Ive been known to run with the bard/cleric/druid/magician package for quite a while now, and since yall are a 1 man 1 box server (thank god), I was curious as to which of the four listed would benefit parties later on the most.

Looking forward to playing here !

Mardur
10-23-2011, 03:04 AM
Out of those 4, probably Bard or Cleric. There was a large influx of Bards awhile back, not sure how things are looking at the high end right now. But a well-played Bard is never bad.

But ultimately play what you want.

Pyronost
10-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Hrmm. Alrighty, thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the bard, always a favorite for solo play ^_^

Werlop
10-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Bards are much loved for pulls/crowd control, and everyone needs a cleric. As CC or Cleric, it's usually easier to get a group than it is as interchangable_dps_class#2. Mages are solid but there are a million of them, and druids are mostly meh at the endgame (although, like with any class, a great druid is amazingly handy).
But mainly, you should roll what you want to roll. There's no point in rolling a bard because they have an easy time getting into Seb groups, only to get bored before you ever see the inside of Seb. If you play your class long enough to get a solid reputation, that adds more to how desired you are than your class alone.

Pyronost
10-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Oh, on the subject of bards. Clicky twist (How *REAL* bards were played), or that crappy /melody 2 3 1 5 stuff?

Connador
10-23-2011, 04:02 AM
It's click, but my hands would love /melody.

Eledar
10-23-2011, 04:56 AM
I started a cleric last week after not being able to find any on my warrior. Im 26 so far on the cleric, and it seems like there are always atleast 2-4 other clerics in my level range, in the same zone that I am leveling in.

Moggster
10-23-2011, 05:01 AM
i vote cleric there's tons of bards around as is imo

Agent
10-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Clerics are cool, people always want a cleric in their group first

usedtobejubaloftorv
10-23-2011, 05:14 AM
everybody loves a cleric

except sometimes the guy playing one

Francois
10-23-2011, 05:16 AM
check PMs

raptorak
10-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Cleric is a great choice if you want to go through the levels quickly all throughout your career, with little individual effort necessary. Not only can you get an early boost in Befallen and Unrest, but also most people levelling and LFG these days are twink melee classes who need heals so you will be powerlevelled through to 50 once groups start picking you up, and a high chance of high level players giving out decent equipment to you. Time your complete heals right and everyone will love you.

Having said that, Cleric looks to be like it could be super boring to play though, just sit there and stand up to CH occasionally, and spend a lot of cash on peridots ;). I'm enchanter and it is nearly just as boring on occasion as I'm taken to dungeons above my level and can't hit a mez worth anything, so it goes buff/clarity myself, clarity cleric, haste, haste, haste, haste, waste rest of mana trying to slow, leaving little mana to play with. They just nerfed pet exp so wouldn't hugely recommend it.

If you want to solo without twinking go necromancer (but you won't be that welcome in groups at all), magician is a little better for grouping but like someone said there are 1,000,000 of em, and as for bards, we always want them in the party but they are usually soloing.

So I would say if you can play the class well, go bard and join a few parties they will love you :) There may be a few of them but most are just casual alts soloing in The Overthere.