PDA

View Full Version : Stamina?

Murferoo
04-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I distinctly remember running out of stamina (and dying...jeez I think it was Stamina) when fighting with a melee char back in classic, much of it depended on the weight of the weapon and I think we would need a cleric or something to refresh it. Anyway, is this not in the game mechanics on P99?

It was a bit harsh, but I'm a sucker for all the things that made this game hard and a pain in the ass. Just not the spellbook medding k...although if push came to shove I would endure that again as well.

Hasbinbad
04-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I tink jo0 meenz Endurance?

nilbog
04-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Stamina drain is on the list of things to finish fabricating. We launched with this in place.. and disabled it soon after.

It will be implemented when it's 100%.

Ektar
04-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah it was ugly. I spent my earlier levels trying to fight with an empty stamina bar at all times.

It didn't kill you (but it may as well have). As far as I could tell, it made you attack like half speed. People in my group thought I wasn't doing anything cuz I'd slash once every 10-15 seconds =p. Maybe make ya run slower? or regen slower? whatev.

Hasbinbad
04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Is that not endurance?

Why are there 2 different stats named stamina?? ~8(

Ferok
04-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Is that not endurance?

Why are there 2 different stats named stamina?? ~8(

It wasn't called endurance until much later (PoP) when they changed disciplines to "cost" endurance points. At the same time, they made pretty much every melee-usable item with mana on it give endurance as well.

I can remember my endurance bar being low during classic, but I'm not even sure what it prevented me from doing.

Murferoo
04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
It wasn't called endurance until much later (PoP) when they changed disciplines to "cost" endurance points. At the same time, they made pretty much every melee-usable item with mana on it give endurance as well.

I can remember my endurance bar being low during classic, but I'm not even sure what it prevented me from doing.

Once the bar depleted, you basically couldn't even swing your weapon. As someone else said, it could take liek 10 to 15 seconds to swing....and THAT would kill you, haha, in terms of the fact that the mob could just molest you with you being helpless.

Look forward to its implementation and all the unbelievable bitching and whining that is sure to ensue.

Burrito
04-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Go go invigor!

buffug
04-04-2010, 01:59 AM
on live, they changd things a bit shortly after release to where if you had 101 stamina, the bar would not deplete for the self-slow effect. obviously, everyone went after +sta items...

but for a couple of months the lvl 3 or 4 bard song served a purpose.