PDA

View Full Version : Concerns about R99 and the entire project

nosto
10-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I want to preface this thread with the fact I am very thankful to the staff for all their efforts and the amazing experience I have while playing the game. This server makes me giddy as a school girl.

The reason I am starting this thread is due to the pet exp nerf. While I will not state my feelings on the actual matter itself - it is symbolistic of a concern I have. With red99 coming up - are we going to have to redeal with things that were in classic eq but not in Kunark due to the fact that the red99 server will be behind? Basically are nerfs/patches going to affect both realms? While I understand SOME fixes should apply to both servers not all should - correct? I am just concerned because the one thing that ANY mmo does - including live paid versions of games - is mess with my PvE experience to make the PvPers not slice their wrists.

Does anyone else have the same concern or am I too lazy to find out they will have different rules etc etc?

Atmas
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Well so far the changes have been actually classicish so I wouldn't complain. But I do get where you are coming from. In WoW I PvEd and PvPed and found it extremly annoying when my class was modified to be nerfed in PvP but also effected in PvP.

nosto
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Well so far the changes have been actually classicish so I wouldn't complain. But I do get where you are coming from. In WoW I PvEd and PvPed and found it extremly annoying when my class was modified to be nerfed in PvP but also effected in PvP.

Well to use the pet class example. People are crying out that things aren't classic in regards to pet threat but yet the exp nerf went in. I was super stoked about bard charm fighting (which I did in Kunark for a fact I remember it being awesome and the only expansion out) - and I was told that bard charm kiting doesn't work. So now my bard is a group only class.

I do not like how people are saying that grouping is classic - I did BOTH with somewhat ease during the Kunark era on my necro. I'm just more concerned that some of these changes are coming with R99 and I wonder if we're going to have to relive all the shittiness of EQ no expansion classic alongside red99 because their patches are not separate.

citizen1080
10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
You can still aoe kite on your bard which is better xp than swarming. It is just more risky than swarm/charm kiting.

nosto
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
You can still aoe kite on your bard which is better xp than swarming. It is just more risky than swarm/charm kiting.

No doubt for sure I can swarm kite but the fact remains that I can't do it and it was "classic". I'm wanting this thread to focus more on the fact that I don't want to relive what regular 99 has dealt with already because it can't be seperate.

HawkMasterson1999
10-26-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm with you on this.

Asher
10-26-2011, 02:22 AM
Why doesn't swarm kiting work?

Asher

Diggles
10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Why doesn't swarm kiting work?

Asher

hit boxes on P99 are screwy.

Pyronost
10-26-2011, 06:05 AM
That and the PBAOE songs used to swarm kite are for some reason almost halved in range

nosto
10-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Don't want this to be a bard swarm kite post or anything. I'm just merely wanting to know if every time they try to fix something on red99 are we going to have to deal with it on our awesome pve server?