PDA

View Full Version : Bard twisting question

Pyronost
10-26-2011, 05:53 AM
Alrighty, after hours of twisting quartets of songs, my fingers are about bone weary. Are there any macros that you other bards are using to auto-twist that would mimic the /melody command? Or is there something we're allowed to use to help us out?

Mystro
10-26-2011, 05:58 AM
I wish /melody worked.. But setup macros like this:

/stop cast
/cast 1

Along those lines for all your songs 1 through 8

Mcbard
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
/pause30
/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 30
/stopsong
/cast 2

There's a simplification you can do with putting 2 commands on one line.. I think it looks like this but would have to check:

/pause 30,/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 30,/stopsong
/cast 2

Extunarian
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
mcbard has it right...the pause is always to the left of the command you want to pause after. It's goofy.

I don't know how it is for higher level bards, but when I played one at level 20 I found those big macros to be too unreliable. If you get a missed note you can't stop the macro.

Mcbard
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM
That really only affects the first song in the macro though. For mine I actually completely remove the pause from the second line, so they look like this:

/pause 30,/stopsong
/cast 1
/stopsong
/cast 2

I used them far more when I was leveling up, because as OP pointed out: fuck manually twisting 4 songs for hours on end. I find at 60 I melee very very few mobs, and since I wouldn't trust the pause when twisting something like resist songs on raids I typically use a trusty manual 3 twist so that nothing ever drops. If for some reason I was in a group at 60 on my bard where I would be meleeing (lol weapons) I would probably use the buttons again.

Extunarian
10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
That really only affects the first song in the macro though. For mine I actually completely remove the pause from the second line...

I guess I meant that if you're doing a 4 song twist and you fizzle the first song, you have to decide whether to skip it and hit your next macro and get it next time around, or try to fit it in before hitting your next macro. It always threw off my timing.

Mcbard
10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Ya, it's definitely not perfect but neither is hitting the button manually! I would say at most you probably save yourself 1 second or so on getting that song up there if you wanted it badly enough. It's annoying though. I can't believe how often I will fail a song with almost 200 dex and max skill at 60. :(

Softcore PK
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I played a bard on live for years and never used macros :P

My poor fingers :(