PDA

View Full Version : Idea too boost server pops on both servers!

returnofahipster
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Scan community for two trusty GM canidates (one for blue one for red)and make there primary job / focus to be hosting GM events. The guise of deciever one the other day was very cool but more common low-mid level events as well as high would make the game more fun and bearable at all levels and give somethign to look forward too. Have 4 events a month maybe. With a bit of notice maybe? Make some kind of npc that if you get a no-drop item from all four events you can turn them in for some kind of reward for your class maybe? I know back in the day early on in the game GM participation was a big thing and made the game really enjoyable! I also know some people may say ideas like that are too custom and not classic but I think the idea would work well. We would see more lively server and we could see this classic server carry on for much longer! With all the recent bans and some drama thats unfolded it would be nice to have something positive to bring the community together! Just a thought though....
Any other ideas?

Dfn
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
paragraphs

returnofahipster
10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
the idea was not to improve hipsters well known bad gramma and spellins

WizardEQ
10-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I know back in the day early on in the game GM participation was a big thing and made the game really enjoyable!

I started my EQ escapades on Lanys T'vyl and we certainly had some pretty cool GM events. I'll never forget seeing this wizard win this incredible staff that was an artifact which happened way before epics (might have been right before Kunark opened). Not sure if other servers had the same event. I wish I remember the stats on that.

It would be awesome to have events like that that are class specific again. But I guess we'll be calling those "epics."

Xaxian

returnofahipster
10-26-2011, 05:20 PM
not nesc class events but my idea would be something like this.

(Event 1) - October 31st - Night of the living dead.
Maybe make befallen or unrest amped up with half spawn times or add mobs.
Make an item drop randomly off creatures in zone say 1/20? (no drop)

(Event 2)- A week later - Defend Qeynos Gate / Fippy Darkpaws Revenge
Make a ton of Gnolls/Fippy Darkpaws spawn in North Qeynos and an npc that is right inside the gate. (often where new players sit) Make the gnolls run in from Qeynos hills and try to attack the NPC and the players have to defend it.Event ends when npcs is killed? Make an item drop randomly from the gnolls say 1/20. (no drop)

(Event 3)- 1 weeks later - Scuba Diving / Shark fishing

Spawn an unusual amount of sharks randomly in Ocean of Tears. Make players have to swim around and find and kill them. Maybe add a nice rare item on one or two of them for incentive. Also have an item drop randomly from sharks say 1/20 (no drop)

then you could put an npc mabe in EC tunnel that would accept all 3 items. and generate a reward for you based off of your class, or maybe platinum, of a good amnt of xp?

maybe once a month have a 10% xp bonus on a sunday?

Sithel1988
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
i wish we could get the population higher. but people who dont know about p99, wont know about the gm events. we should get someone to make an epic youtube trailer or something. or advertise on game forums or something.

XgrimX
10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Hopefully there will be an awesome Halloween event to make up for the recent lack of events in the game.

C'Mon Rogean do some newbie/high level events =))
Pure awesomeness~!

Ulivar
10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
i believe rogean is planing something for for this upcoming weekend, last friday i believe was the DE maskathon in SK, said he was taking ideas for a following event hopefully this weekend. Of course this is all pending his available time but just fyi

Mardur
10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
(Event 2)- A week later - Defend Qeynos Gate / Fippy Darkpaws Revenge
Make a ton of Gnolls/Fippy Darkpaws spawn in North Qeynos and an npc that is right inside the gate. (often where new players sit) Make the gnolls run in from Qeynos hills and try to attack the NPC and the players have to defend it.Event ends when npcs is killed? Make an item drop randomly from the gnolls say 1/20. (no drop)

This was done before.

Autotune
10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
This was done before.

I did an event on live. I helped some random lost GM find some retarded thing and ended up getting some random food item.

I never win, even when i win.

Envious
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Only good gm event I've ever seen was when we killed the main GM in emerald jungle, then he refused to ever come back to TZ.

Silentone
10-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Halloween event is classic bring it back..along with the PHAT LOOTZ

MrSparkle001
10-27-2011, 12:50 AM
i wish we could get the population higher. but people who dont know about p99, wont know about the gm events. we should get someone to make an epic youtube trailer or something. or advertise on game forums or something.

I found out about this server completely by accident on youtube. So yeah there needs to be more advertisement. If youtube didn't have a habit of choosing strange related videos I would never have known this existed.

gnomishfirework
10-27-2011, 02:45 AM
I got a bracelet that had a few charges of gate (awesome for my paladin) on live once. All I did was lead the way to MM, which I think I took a long route too, like a complete circuit of lfay.

Made my day, but I think these events are awesome cause of how rare they are.

returnofahipster
10-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Utility items would be very cool, bind and gate potions as prizes!
even GM created items....

Kevlar
10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Could just play on both servers at teh same time. That wouldn't be considered boxing would it?

Only GM event I did was got ganked by a couple super high level goblins in Misty Thicket. Me and a few other noobs were just hanging out killing bears and crap and these two a-hole gms came in and started trying to roleplay like they were really goblins. We told them to eff off we were xping, then they killed us.

YendorLootmonkey
10-27-2011, 07:00 PM
A horde of leather-clad dark elf women NPCs with leather whips attacking opposite factioned leather-clad wood elf women NPCs with leather whips.

No actual goal to the GM event, I just want to watch this.

Vondra
10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
FREE PIE FOR EVERYONE

Daldaen
10-27-2011, 07:04 PM
A portal from PoFear has opened at the gates in West Freeport. All the mob types from PoFear are pouring out. Hold them back.

Drop normal fear crap and Lustrous Russet. At end Dracholiche spawns with some GM loot.

Make it so.

STRAY
10-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Need more propaganda videos from Smedy all over YouTube and Facebook linked from Google, Facebook, and AOL ad marketing campaign paid for by private donations from players like you.

Do these servers even have a Facebook page? 'Like' That shit.

"Paid For by the Non-Profit Collective of EQ EMU Players"

RiffDaemon
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Need more propaganda from Smedy

I can just see fliers all over college campuses: "Is your body ready?" Kinda like those annoying "Obey" posters, but much more humorous.