PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Shadowknight

porigromus
10-26-2011, 08:52 PM
I have browse the forums to find information on starting a Iksar Shadow Knight and so far this is what I came up with:

Pros:

Sex Appeal
AC Bonus

Cons:

No Slam
Highest XP Penalty
Limited Gear Choices Untill Velious

I would like to be a Iksar and with this list am still thinking of choosing them. Anyone have anything to add why I should? I would choose Ogre or Troll but I can't stand to look at them now since I am forced to look at the helm graphic. I know that is a petty reason but I really can't!

I was told Sebilite gear may be what I am after as a Iksar to start with. Will I have a super hard time tanking? In Velious does the gear flow like wine? Thanks!

Mardur
10-26-2011, 08:55 PM
You won't have a "super hard" time, but Ogres are better.

Nyrod
10-26-2011, 08:59 PM
if you will end up not liking your character or secretly wishing you had picked a certain race, go with what you know you will never regret.

iksar.

Nyrod
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
oh, and in velious the gear is readily available without race restrictions on all the top end gear.

Snaggles
10-26-2011, 09:28 PM
My guess is by Velious with decent gear even a non-Iksar is going to soft cap AC and be focusing on HP's. Ikky's have human'ish stats with regen; you have the same penalty as Trolls.

The main boon to me is regen and normal size. Being big is annoying sometimes, even when you can go skelly. Main flaw is the exp penalty.

A few hundred mana here, a few hundred hps there, regen vs slam immunity, slam vs nothing. The game will be fun regardless.

Cords
07-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Just think once Velious comes out, you can get the Greenmist :P http://wiki.project1999.org/Greenmist

koros
07-05-2013, 03:36 AM
As someone who's used math to analyze EQ incessantly, ogres are no match for iksar. They are 100% the best sk race come Velious, assuming they code race ac the same as live. Bash immunity is nothing vs taking less damage and perma regen.

Shocore
07-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Frankly, having what amounts to a second epic weapon makes iksar the best race for everything.

Except warriors, because... NOT CLASSIC.

Swish
07-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Iksar SKs don't tank so well compared to their SK counterparts 50+ ...sure it'll change in Velious. Maybe the idea is to get an iksar SK to 50 and take it from there when Velious hits.

The hybrid road is labor intensive though, you'll hit the 40s and feel like your XP bar is broken. If you can enjoy the slowdown and find a regular group/duo/trio then you'll be fine :)

Pyrion
07-05-2013, 07:30 AM
If you can't stand ogre/troll looks and still want good gear there are 2 alternatives to iksar.
1) Human. Why not. At least no xp penalty here.
2) Erudite. Sure, you will have the worst stats. But some take that as a challenge :o).

Wudan
07-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Iksar > all.

You have made a good decision.

Who wants to look like bag of shit, right Ogres and Trolls?

Xadion
07-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Human and Bro-Knights are awesome!

Sollix
07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Who wants to look like bag of shit, right Ogres and Trolls?

That half-mangled ogre face with the red-ish eyes looks very shadowknight-y to me!

webrunner5
07-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I think you are crazy as hell to make one. Must admit I have a level 9 one I have had for like 2 years in a drunken stupor I made.

Tasslehofp99
07-05-2013, 09:49 AM
I should add that I've only grouped with 1 iksar SK 50+ on p99, and with slow + regrowth + his natural iksar regen he required no healing from anyone in group (not sure if he had fungi as well.)

webrunner5
07-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I should add that I've only grouped with 1 iksar SK 50+ on p99, and with slow + regrowth + his natural iksar regen he required no healing from anyone in group (not sure if he had fungi as well.)

Yeah at 56 + a Troll or Iksar has crazy regen even standing. And with a Fungi Scary regen. With lifetaps at higher levels they are pretty awesome and easy to heal. I have a lower level Troll SK and a Human one and the difference is amazing. Not counting the Troll can take a lot more punsihment than the Human can same level. Huge difference in the stats. The Human is too high too delete lol. Same with my Ranger. :o

NachtMystium
07-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Iksar Shadowknight aka Master Race aka Greenmist Ballaz aka You made the right choice.

Plus you'll get major street cred *IF* you ever reach 60. My main is an Iksar Shadowknight and I love it. Not to mention the lore is probably my favorite in EQ. The Dreadscale / Khukri quests were pretty fun too albeit extremely annoying at times.

It's not an easy road at all but well worth it, especially when Velious hits obviously.

Ephirith
07-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Playing an Iksar SK changed my life; let's just say I'm in prison now. Worth it, though.

Also the XP penalty isn't too terrible if you find a group of 5 unwitting saps (preferably with some epic'd rogues) and dump it off on them.

Droog007
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Stay with Iksar as long as you're cool with never using 2hs. The animation is so utterly clumsy and feeble that you will immediately die of shame.

Luckily, at least one of the major 2hs options for SKs will probably be out of reach.

Swish
07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Stay with Iksar as long as you're cool with never using 2hs. The animation is so utterly clumsy and feeble that you will immediately die of shame.

lol'd

Sckrilla
07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Human are awesome!
Confirmed.

Gadwen
07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Everyone knows Reptilians rule the world, haven't you ever been on the internet?

citizen1080
07-05-2013, 02:15 PM
My first "Main" was a Iksar Sk. Was 7th or 8th world wide to get greenmist. Amazing race/class combo. You will not regret it once you are 60. You will regret it from 40 to 59 however =p

webrunner5
07-05-2013, 03:51 PM
My first "Main" was a Iksar Sk. Was 7th or 8th world wide to get greenmist. Amazing race/class combo. You will not regret it once you are 60. You will regret it from 40 to 59 however =p

And I was like 9th or 10th. Wow who would have Thunk. :D Small world. :eek::eek: My son talked me into it. Then I started a Ranger!! Wondered why it took like 2 years to level each of them. Oh well, who the hell knew any better back then. Never ever got past level 54 on the Ranger. One Epic, never could get the Shattered Emerald, sigh. How many Elephants can you kill in Velious shooting arrows at them running away backwards?? Just sucked.

Note to myself. Remind me to delete my Ranger before Velious comes out on here. Fear Animal?? , who would have Thunk back then also.

citizen1080
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
And I was like 9th or 10th. Wow who would have Thunk. :D Small world. :eek::eek: My son talked me into it. Then I started a Ranger!!

Very fun quest..i enjoyed it the whole way through.

Nirgon
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Get an MoSS/Nocti blade and group with pals till epic

Sarnak shield, Clay Guardian Shield, Mistmoore Shield

Wise words

It's all classic

Targobaath
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I think everyone should role at lest one Iksar, they are extremely fun to play. There are probably better races to do an SK on, so maybe save iksar for another class down the road.

Samoht
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
There are probably better races to do an SK on.

and shaman
and warrior
and monk

leaves: necro

Widan
07-05-2013, 05:55 PM
There are no better races to do any of those classes on from a min/max position come velious. Iksar ac and regen bonuses absolutely dwarf anything the other races have to offer except maybe stun immunity on your one main warrior.

Mithas
07-05-2013, 08:22 PM
There are no better races to do any of those classes on from a min/max position come velious. Iksar ac and regen bonuses absolutely dwarf anything the other races have to offer except maybe stun immunity on your one main warrior.

Trolls also get the regen bonus plus a lot more starting STA and STR. Only downside to a troll SK, the size. Finding large armor can be a pain sometimes.

Rhambuk
07-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I highly doubt the increased ac/regen is going to save you from death on a regular basis enough to be the only reason to make an iksar. Iksar sk's are probably one of my favorites but to say theyre the best and other sk races are crap is foolish.

min/maxxing in eq is minor, its a social game and unless your soloing those few extra points arent going to help you in a group setting unless the rest of your group is total crap and rely on that extra..what 9ac? 20ac? bonus iksar get thats what maybe 1 more piece of gears worth.

webrunner5
07-05-2013, 11:40 PM
I solo a heck of a lot on here and the Regen made a damn big difference in the beginning. If you are not the puller it is a great help to the healer also when you sit between pulls. :cool:

Rhambuk
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I solo a heck of a lot on here and the Regen made a damn big difference in the beginning. If you are not the puller it is a great help to the healer also when you sit between pulls. :cool:

troll can do the same with better stats. ac is important but remember here resists are screwed and he more hp he longer youll survive against casters especially since no los interupt

Fazlazen
07-09-2013, 08:46 PM
/motd

/thread

Nirgon
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
^ hes' right, iksars start with full best in slot