PDA

View Full Version : Halfling warrior + rogue, doable?

necrosaurio
10-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Is it doable to have an untwinked halfling warrior + rogue duo or will it require lots of downtime? Does the rogue compensate for the warrior's lack of DPS? This sounds really like an interesting duo to me due to the extra exp :)

If not, what's the main difference between having a druid and a cleric to pair with the warrior? Which one would be best for duoing?

Moggster
10-27-2011, 02:56 AM
assling good for the racial exp bump and the pure melee exp bump but i hope you like bandages if your both non twinked

quenyar
10-27-2011, 03:17 AM
You will definitely want to add some healing power to that duo. Otherwise your downtime will be horrendous. I would personally prefer a cleric/warrior duo over a druid/warrior duo. Dunno about shaman/warrior...

Diggles
10-27-2011, 03:22 AM
anything with any amount of healing power would go great with a warrior

necrosaurio
10-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Well, it looks like the rogue is out of the equation then.

So... druid or cleric for the second char?

I'm leaning more towards the druid due to the ports, DS and extra DPS. They also seem to have better buffs, although far worse healing.

Let's see if I can get my friend to try the druid of if I will play it myself (being an alt-addict really is bad XD).

Eledar
10-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Shammy warrior would be really great. Shammy buffs, including haste and sow, and debuffs. Plenty of healing power to duo with warrior. Shammy can also dps better than cleric.

Druid gets same healing spells at same levels as the Shaman does, until Velious. Druid would be nice for mobility, but I would take shaman.

gnomishfirework
10-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Ogre shaman/warrior duo >>> anything you've offered.

You could do rogue/warrior. You'll be fine at lower levels and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a healer from teens on.

Playing what you want is better than what is ideal.

Bossco
10-27-2011, 08:59 AM

You could do rogue/warrior. You'll be fine at lower levels and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a healer from teens on.

^ this. Unless one of you wants to play a ranger. Then I take it back, you should go for something you don't want to play.

Extunarian
10-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Rogue warrior will be fine at lower levels. Equip the warrior with 2 polished granite tomahawks and you'll cruise through the lower levels. As others have said, once you get to level 19 or so it will be easy to find a druid/shaman/cleric to join you for healing power.

necrosaurio
10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
^ this. Unless one of you wants to play a ranger. Then I take it back, you should go for something you don't want to play.

Errrrm... I already have a ranger, admittedly, a low level one (level 5) but, apart from the experience penalty, I can't see anything wrong with it :)

necrosaurio
10-27-2011, 09:46 AM

Thanks, I'll pass on the ogres. I've got a soft spot for the halflings (I'm a big Tolkien fan) and want the experience bonus, not a penalty.

In the end, we're going to play warr/druid. The druid will end up supporting my alter-addiction with the ports :)

Grouping is a bit of a problem at the moment, as I don't have much time to play and can only do it in bursts of 15/20 minutes... that's the main reason for duoing all the time, so we keep up with each other.

I know that the shaman would be better but my friend is playing a shaman to support my ranger. It will look funny to group the warr with the shaman, a barbarian and a halfling :)

Snaggles
10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to druid/warrior. Sure you won't have the utmost capacity for healing or rezzes but you will have mobility and eventually (Velious) Nature's Touch which is a 1k heal. For outdoor zones you have track and harmony too. If playing seperately a warrior *can* solo with moderate to great gear and a druid is cake. A cleric is a bit tougher.

Of course, there is nothing wrong going with a Cleric. It's very selfless but the payoff is big.

gnomishfirework
10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Druid/warrior isn't bad. Druids are a blast to level. Ports are invaluable, and harmony makes great things possible. You'll do ok. Might get a little harder in the late 30s, 40s, but the druid can just AE kite while the warrior soaks up exp.

Snaggles
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Or the druid can good use of snare/fear animal and the warrior can play a very smart and durable necro pet. :) You should be able to do that in The Overthere for a very long time.

Going the tank n spank route it shouldn't be too hard if you pick your targets well. A smart geared warrior can solo to 60 (or close to it) in Sol B. The pocket druid just makes life grand.