PDA

View Full Version : P99 here I come!

gkrymer3
10-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Heya guys & gals,

So after six months of patience I finally managed to score a brand new copy of EQ Titanium for a decent price on ebay. My father introduced me to EQ at launch, being that I was only in my early teens I had a vague idea of what I was doing but always enjoyed the experience. I played for about four years on and off and then moved on as games progressed, (EQ2, WoW, Vanguard) but after learning of P99 I've been craving the nostalgic feeling of the classic everquest. I have just a couple questions before I delve back into Norrath.

I've always like the idea of controlling death and I'm thinking of rolling a necro and if not that then a SK. Regardless I was wondering how many others share my interest in the dark arts of necromancy? Are necro/SK's common? Which of those classes is sought after more as far as groups/raids?

I dont mind solo'ing, but I don't want to feel like the only noob around. Are their many opportunities for lower level grouping or is everyone around 50+?

Lastly, are custom UI's easily accessible for p99 or will I have to stick with the classic? If so, where can I find them?

Well, I thought I had more to ask but this will suffice for now. Thanks for any information and I look forward to future adventures! :D

Zigfreed
10-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Don't listen to (Froogs post which is now deleted). He is paying the price of his own actions. (Don't Two box, it's against the rules.. no seq/mq as well)

The basic advice most folks will give you is to play whatever class you want to. You will be with it for a while so might as well enjoy no? People will also say to lvl an "easy" class like mage/necro(druid?) first to make plat to buy the things you really want for whatever class you wish, etc etc etc.

There is a surprisingly large amount of folks leveling characters at pretty much all levels although if you play super late like I do your options can get a bit limited at times but be friendly etc and folks will seek you out

With that said certain classes do get shunted into the "most often found soloing" route but that is usually the players choice, you can group with whichever class imho.

Welcome aboard and enjoy.

Diggles
10-28-2011, 03:29 AM
gotta love the banned two boxer trying to get us in trouble by promoting torrenting

loopholbrook
10-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Isn't Froog the fag who acted like it was his family and not him boxing?

Back to you OP. All classes are pretty much equally as common, from what I've seen. Maybe an abundance of Druids, but that's about it. If you're down to solo, Necro is the best around, bards are in second, not by much though. A lot of people like SKs over warriors for tank because they claim they hold aggro better, but warriors are still the best tanks regardless of what people claim. Welcome to the server, if you ever need anything send a tell to Skench or Mrfrodo.

Timarian
10-28-2011, 04:17 AM
Ignore Froog, I am one of those little people he speaks of my main is lvl 29 and I know no GMs or Uber guilds and I am having a great time.

I play really late as im UK based but I always find groups and there are lots of people who always seem willing to help out if they can.

Necro's are fun class to play and very good at soloing but not really sort after in groups etc. SK's are good tanks for aggro etc and are better for grouping.

But like everyone says you need to play something you enjoy as no matter what class you try, you will be playing them for awhile.

Good luck and have fun.

Timarian

kilyen
10-28-2011, 04:50 AM
GMs/Devs are very nice and very helpful as long as you play by the rules of the server
dont pay to much attention to the drama queens on the forums

Moggster
10-28-2011, 05:16 AM
ignore froog im sure his post will be edited and or deleted by mods once they read it.

Waffen
10-28-2011, 05:49 AM
<url> http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51412 </url> herein lies froog's feeble attempt to denounce his two boxing as nothing more than a little family play time(really, 7 yrs old and your kid plays eq?)

OP, don't let his rant deter you from a great, classic eq experience.

you'll find most of the rotten eggs(a.k.a. bad trolls a.k.a. cheaters/two boxers) infesting these forums on the regular but it's pretty easy to sift through them and find the real players who are willing to help.

-necros/druids are abundant
-there is a solid population spanning all level ranges(shouldn't be that hard to find a group)
-not sure about the custom UIs
-welcome back to norrath, hope to see you around in game ^.^

visage
10-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Wow you should have posted sooner... Im not sure the legality on peer to peer torrent sharing.. but you could have gone to any torrent site and just DL'ed it -)

Anyway.. glad to have you aboard , hope you like it here and, well not to be a downer, but dont expect much in the way of help from the people who run this server unless you make it into an uber guild or know the head honchos.

Basically it was nmade so they could run around in thier uber guilds together, they don't give a shit about the "little people" so to speak.

Take us for example.

Our family was hastily (admitted by the guide) and wrongly banned, but it was permanent.

Now get this.. to give you an idea of what kind of server you are joining.. 365 other people were caught ..admitted guilt.. and were given a slap on the wrinst.. no ban...

Want to know why>?

Because quite a few of those 365 people were freinds/guildys aqquantancesof the head honcho here ..so..he didnt wanna ban the reason he made the server in the first place.. so ..he slaps em on the wrist (Astonishingly, he does this over the votes of every other gm guide it seems)while non ubers like me (A disabled war vet and his GF and 7 year old kid) are permanantly banned with no chance of parole.

Then he tries to spin it on the boards like hes some conquering hero LOL..

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46654

Classy eh?
Signed
;Someone who used to beleive in this server, and the people running it

Open your mouth real wide Froog. So I can take a huge dump in it. You seem to be spewing way to much shit. I think soon you will be on empty. Mine is chalked full of vitamins and good times. If anything I can always push your shit back inside you so you don't leak it all over , like these forums for example. Have a great day Shit head.

falkun
10-28-2011, 07:37 AM
For updating the UI, there are some good ones in the Technical Discussion Forum (http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40).

Duxa has a UI in his all-in-one installer (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28335).
Savok (http://www.project1999.org/forums/member.php?u=4346) has a few (although links appear broken), check out his signature.
Also, you can check out EQInterface (http://www.eqinterface.com/index.php?) and look for addons that are compatible with the Titanium client, those should work (except for functions disabled by P99). I don't have any examples to show you, but peruse at your leisure.

Smyd
10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Welcome welcome!! Look forward to seeing you in Norrath!

Kiss you and all... meow

Flunklesnarkin
10-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Spam begging when you first start off too...

even if you get killed at like lvl 1 ~ 4 there is no exp penalty..

I managed to beg a platinum the first day i started my character... it was nice to buy all my spells :D

RiffDaemon
10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I managed to beg a platinum the first day i started my character... it was nice to buy all my spells :D

Damn :eek:

Moggster
10-28-2011, 10:30 AM

holy crap ppl actually use that skill?

Kabilos
10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Heya guys & gals,

So after six months of patience I finally managed to score a brand new copy of EQ Titanium for a decent price on ebay. My father introduced me to EQ at launch, being that I was only in my early teens I had a vague idea of what I was doing but always enjoyed the experience. I played for about four years on and off and then moved on as games progressed, (EQ2, WoW, Vanguard) but after learning of P99 I've been craving the nostalgic feeling of the classic everquest. I have just a couple questions before I delve back into Norrath.

First off, Welcome to Project1999. I too am fairly new to the scene here.

I've always like the idea of controlling death and I'm thinking of rolling a necro and if not that then a SK. Regardless I was wondering how many others share my interest in the dark arts of necromancy? Are necro/SK's common? Which of those classes is sought after more as far as groups/raids?

There are a fair number of Necro's and SK's but not a huge overabundance from what I've seen so far. Grouping all depends on how you want to level, with the pet xp changes of recently you will have to do 50% or more damage to the mob to get full xp, or you get less, so you will tend to want to group some. But from the sounds of it you are looking to group so you will find people.

I dont mind solo'ing, but I don't want to feel like the only noob around. Are their many opportunities for lower level grouping or is everyone around 50+?

There are plenty of people rolling alts and a slew of new players that join on a regular basis. I've been around for 2 - 3 weeks and have met a bunch of different people. Everyday I find a different group to xp with, so you will find people around. Plus you having the ability to solo while waiting / looking for groups will not hinder your leveling process.

Lastly, are custom UI's easily accessible for p99 or will I have to stick with the classic? If so, where can I find them?

There are some custom UI's, you can find them in the Technical section of the forums here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40).

Well, I thought I had more to ask but this will suffice for now. Thanks for any information and I look forward to future adventures! :D

Once again, Welcome to the Nostalgia and if you need any assistance don't hesitate to ask, the player base for the most part is friendly, there are a few tards here and there but for the most part everyone is helpful. Just make sure you read over the rules .. no dual boxing, no cheats ect..

Have fun and We'll see you out there.

pickled_heretic
10-28-2011, 10:59 AM

you could have punched decaying skeletons until you had a full stack of 20 chips and sold them in east commons, then you probably could have between 5 and 20 plat and experience.