PDA

View Full Version : Paladin + Rogue duo?

necrosaurio
10-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi. Again, I'm asking about possible duos. Yeah, I'm alter-addict and would like to try all the possible combinations and have a victim, err... friend, who I can convince to try stuff with me :)

Is a paladin/rogue a viable duo? If I remember correctly, the warr/rogue duo is not viable due to the lack of healing so, is a palading a good substitute?

If this is doable, I guess that we're going to be playing dwarfs (hey, they're short arses... shame there are no halfling pallies). Is there any equivalent quest to the "gnoll fangs" arround Kaladim?

Thanks a lot :)

mitic
10-30-2011, 09:16 AM
suboptimal combination

Estu
10-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Not a great choice for duo since paladins are bad healers. Lowbie EXP quests in Faydwer are bone chip turn-ins to Gunlok Jure in Kaladim (four at a time) and crushbone belt / shoulder pad turn-ins to Canloe Nusback in Kaladim.

Dazen
10-30-2011, 10:19 AM
SK/Rogue would be better .

Snaggles
10-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Decent for exp grinds at best. A pally can solo slowly to 60. A rogue would speed up the kills.

gnomishfirework
10-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Its an interesting combo. Wouldn't be terrible. As long as the rogue is capable of backing off when you need to heal.

necrosaurio
10-30-2011, 11:58 AM
SK/Rogue would be better .

Can you explain a bit more? Why is an SK better than a Paladin? Thanks :)

Snaggles
10-30-2011, 02:34 PM
In a situation you can snare/fear it's not only more mana efficient than healing post fight but allows more control. You dont have to stop mid fight on a nasty mob...just keep it feared.

A sk tho gives no ability to protect a rogue from adds (root park)*. Just gotta disease cloud the add and keep tapping hoping you can out last the fight.

* I guess you can CC with fear. It's just a bad idea in any concealed place.