PDA

View Full Version : Copy Files

pdobelstein
04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I am setting up the game for someone I know and instead of installing titanium from iso files I just copied the c:\program files\sony\everquest to his computer with the modified shortcut. Logs in starts to go to the char select screen but then says the exe file encountered an error and crashes. He has a gig of ram and an ati radion video chip in his laptop so that should all be good.

Is the issue maybe the need for an actual install (registry entries)? What a pain.

mixxit
04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
na it doesn't need registry entries :-)

I believe there is some sort of bug where you need to change the resolution - also updating your drivers may help!

Try running optionseditor and going full screen

maultar
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Cool we did this, it worked for him. I set it to 800x600. Thing is now everything on his computer for the game seems to be in slow motion. Any ideas there?

Droxx
04-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Slow motion stuff is usually dual/quad core related. Theres a sticky in this forum on possible fixes.

maultar
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
He tried wineq2 no go, tried running in win98 mode no go. Could it be driver? He has an IBM T60 laptop with an ATI Radeon chip forget exact model. But SHould he go with latest manufacture or the eq supported one from live?