PDA

View Full Version : Locustlure as a rogue MH

Selly
11-03-2011, 04:06 AM
How bad would this be?

I mean I feel i would lose some backstab damage over current MH (Slime Coated Harpoon) however I'm thinking with the speed + better ratio the auto attacks would more than make up for it.

Also how big of a problem would the slow proc be aggro wise?

Nyrod
11-03-2011, 04:24 AM
im guessing you will end up losing dps in the long run considering the loss in BS damage and the proc grabbing agro and turning mob onto you preventing you from backstabbing

course i dont play a rogue and havent tested this and dont know how the proc effects agro but anytime i am trying to keep agro as a SK slow almost always intitially drags it from me

quenyar
11-03-2011, 06:25 AM
I would probably put it in offhand slot!

Snaggles
11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
You would be better with a jade prod or slime harpoon primary for groups and the Loc in your offhand. Even if the damage is close a headache will follow. If the tank goes down or you wanna try to solo I would put it in the primary. You can't offhand the slime so you might consider a jade instead.

The locustlure will always be situationally awesome; I carried one for two expansions (SBD too!). Walking Sleep peaks at 32% slow and rogues can drop aggro easy with evade, just start early and gauge your tank. A warrior with two lamentations I would backpack it.

rubiks
11-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I've used a Locustlure in my mainhand from level 1 to 51 and it has worked pretty well. It parses about the same as a 10/22 piercer and rapier of oriin (12/25). The backstab to piercing ratio will be less, but the fast delay makes up for it.

Once you hit level 46 you will start to pull aggro when it procs. But evade works 2/3s of the time, so you can usually lose aggro easily. If evade fails just turn attack off and wait for the tank to get aggro again. The proc has not gotten me killed yet in 5 levels. Personally, I think having a dagger that procs slow is kinda cool. Adds kinda a new dimension to the class when it procs early on a mob.

If you are looking for a weapon for a new rogue, I recommend the Locustlure. Trakasaur's tooth and Bone Razor are also good and reasonably priced. Rapier of Oriin isnt really worth what it costs imo, but i have never used one myself.

Mardur
11-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Just equip the highest dmg piercer you can get every time backstab pops up, and switch back.

I'll warn you, a lot of warriors will have trouble out-aggroing a Locustlure.

Samoht
11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Just equip the highest dmg piercer you can get every time backstab pops up, and switch back.

man, that was a pain in the ass on live, even after they implemented the bandolier.