PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Alchemy Question?

djdownward
11-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I've been reading the alchemy guide, and just got 29 last night, and figured I would start figuring out how it works.

I can't seem to find all the ingred for single dose sow potions in Cabilis, is this a mistake? Or do I really have to brave going to any other KoS city to get these worked on?

Any help helps..Thanks.

djdownward
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Upon further research, the wiki says that there are two alchemy suppliers in west cabilis, one in the middle of the tiny island coming from east cabilis. Who is there, but appears to be missing some items.

The other alchemy supplier the wiki says is next to the ivory weapon vendor, checked them all, and none of them are selling alchemy supplies.

Searching on the internet a bit more provided me with a list (that is possibly not accurate, but the only one I can find.)

Is this a possible over-sight? Or these vendors came along later? Working as intended?

djdownward
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Really?

No other Iksar shamans have come across this particular problem?

/bump

Roanoke
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
As far as I know this is working as intended. Iksar shaman have to be resourceful and find other means to get some alchemy ingredients. Lots of ingredients available at the barbarians in North Ro. Get a non-kos friend to buy them.

Wudan
04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
As far as I know this is working as intended. Iksar shaman have to be resourceful and find other means to get some alchemy ingredients. Lots of ingredients available at the barbarians in North Ro. Get a non-kos friend to buy them.

now thats not true. West Cabilis vendors always had the ingredients , now they dont. I hit 29 today, thought I would try making some sow potions....they dont sell any of the 3 neede items. It does not make any sense.

Can any Iksar shamans pls let me know where are they getting their ingredients? Thank you.

EDIT:

P99 wiki link http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Klok_Scaleroot this vendor is not there.

Ravhin
04-01-2012, 12:11 PM
See also here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32496

It seems possible that these are non-classic merchants that were added later. Need some more research.

Estivo
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm also having the same issue with my shaman. Jaxx doesn't sell everything we need and as far as I could see klok has what I need but he isn't where he should be. I do hope this gets fixed!

Swish
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
SoW pots were definitely makeable in Cabilis on live during Kunark, was my first Iksar shammie of two. The ingredients came from a variety of vendors in the "white" area, and that guy on the island. What ingredients is he missing?

Wudan
04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
SoW pots were definitely makeable in Cabilis on live during Kunark, was my first Iksar shammie of two. The ingredients came from a variety of vendors in the "white" area, and that guy on the island. What ingredients is he missing?

there is no Fenugreek, Wolf blood and Birthworth for sale anywhere in Cabilis. Not the white area (klok is missing) nor the island with 2 kloks....they only offer few other ingredients, but not for sow.

I mean its nice to have classic and all, but do we really have to follow every damn mistake the original devs did? What sense does it make to not have those ingredients in Cabilis.

I now buy my stuff from barbarian vendor in North ro, but i have to use frriend to transfer, cause they wont sell to me.... just BS

Swish
04-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Yep, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

There's meant to be a:-

Klok Scaleroot
Klok Greenscale

...standing approximately where "Gryzil" is currently standing. At least 2 vendors, if not 4 (definitely remember a row of vendors). They aren't there, and I have to agree it blows to be an iksar shaman without having access to all the ingredients.

Not sure how far along we are in the Kunark timeline but I'm sure it must have been fixed early on. Memory is a weird thing, I want to say I was doing my alchemy 3 months into Kunark but its too long ago to know exactly. Hopefully its fixed sooner rather than later :s

Feralspec
03-22-2013, 11:24 PM
bump to dead thread but still an issue

Ephirith
03-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I've tried to find evidence regarding when Klok Greenscale and Klok Scaleroot came into being, to no avail.

This is another more substantive thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32496&highlight=iksar+alchemy

Several of those vendors were added later. The vendors that are there now should be correct. Go check out Jaxxtz

What classic vendors are missing, and what all should be sold?

I show Jaxxtz as selling the following:

Just need satisfactory evidence regarding Nilbog's question. Fire up your wayback machines and do some digging

myriverse
03-23-2013, 09:53 AM
http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/topic/1134-wizard-epic/

Klok Scaleroot is mentioned in this post dated March 2002. Looks classic.

Telron
03-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Pretty sad story lol. I ran into the same issue today. Whats up wit da fix? Even if it wasnt classic, expecting a iksar to travel to antonica to skillup alchemy is stupid. pure stupid.

Bigcountry23
03-24-2013, 02:35 AM
Start harvesting polar bear skins and wrath orc wrist bands until the warriors are non-kos and then to gnoll fangs (better due to stackable) until you can use the potion merchant in Halas. Research indicates that the Kloks were not in Cab at Kunark launch, and anything after December 2000 will be flagged as Velious (so your March 2002 is no where near classic).

Telron
03-24-2013, 03:55 AM
In either case i consider this broken. Classic or not. Dumb as hell.

myriverse
03-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Start harvesting polar bear skins and wrath orc wrist bands until the warriors are non-kos and then to gnoll fangs (better due to stackable) until you can use the potion merchant in Halas. Research indicates that the Kloks were not in Cab at Kunark launch, and anything after December 2000 will be flagged as Velious (so your March 2002 is no where near classic).
Yeah, my bad on the date. I read 2002 and thought 2000.

Wudan
03-24-2013, 09:27 AM
The fact that alchemy vendor with all the missing ingredients has not been implemented yet is friggin stupid. the timeline is off anyway so why not implement it now? why wait for the "right" patch when its gonna take another friggin year... shits not classic. shits is racist! devs must be ssoftsskinss :/ free klok Scaleroot!

Wudan
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Free klok Scaleroot!

Shamen
03-26-2013, 05:00 AM
Free klok Scaleroot!

nosto
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
It is pretty terrible trying to inconvenience other players or myself then to do a transfer just to make SOW POTS. I can make every other potion but sow potions? WTF. I rammed my head against a wall and just caved and I have people buy the shit for me in Firiona Vie and then make them but it is stupid that this hasn't been fixed yet.

Wudan
03-27-2013, 04:49 AM
bumb for all the iksars that need to deal with this. will keep bumping till fixed. free klok scaleroot! iksar shamans...join the movement!

free klok scaleroot movement!