PDA

View Full Version : Questing and Forgotten Memories

Kyronix
04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
The most glorious of games ever created (at the very least top 5) is back for the truly loyal and hardcore.

I stumbled across this and honestly it almost brought metaphoric tears to my eyes, and a thousand memories came back. I started in EQ during velious with most of my friends being max level and too busy to mess with me (this is High school freshman/sophmore year). I had to brave my own way through the dangerous forests outside of my home city of Neriak, learning how to weave myself through cities that hated me so I could then commit more wrongs and Stowaway for transport between continents. But in all my days of leveling, none of it had to do with questing. With the exception of the occasional Belt turn in with the dwarves (don't even remember how I did that since I was a Dark Elf)

Are there many quests in classic? I've talked to varying npc's and sometimes i get more information but not a lot in terms of questing on their behalf or anything like that. I am a Gnome mage named Darkvex as my current incarnation, and I'd like to experience EQ as more than just a slow grind to max level so I can raid. I want to experience it all, Tradeskills, Research, Actual Quests. I can't wait.

I'm level 3 now and will hopefully be continuing on with my exploration just as I did almost a decade ago.

Anyone from Bristlebane btw, my main was a Shadowknight named Darkvex. I was in Ring of Valor from Luclin to Omens. Hope to talk to you in game and If you know of any quests or ways to snoop them out a little more efficiently please let me know.

Good questing and adventuring to all.

Havick_T
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
The most glorious of games ever created (at the very least top 5) is back for the truly loyal and hardcore.

I stumbled across this and honestly it almost brought metaphoric tears to my eyes, and a thousand memories came back. I started in EQ during velious with most of my friends being max level and too busy to mess with me (this is High school freshman/sophmore year). I had to brave my own way through the dangerous forests outside of my home city of Neriak, learning how to weave myself through cities that hated me so I could then commit more wrongs and Stowaway for transport between continents. But in all my days of leveling, none of it had to do with questing. With the exception of the occasional Belt turn in with the dwarves (don't even remember how I did that since I was a Dark Elf)

Are there many quests in classic? I've talked to varying npc's and sometimes i get more information but not a lot in terms of questing on their behalf or anything like that. I am a Gnome mage named Darkvex as my current incarnation, and I'd like to experience EQ as more than just a slow grind to max level so I can raid. I want to experience it all, Tradeskills, Research, Actual Quests. I can't wait.

I'm level 3 now and will hopefully be continuing on with my exploration just as I did almost a decade ago.

Anyone from Bristlebane btw, my main was a Shadowknight named Darkvex. I was in Ring of Valor from Luclin to Omens. Hope to talk to you in game and If you know of any quests or ways to snoop them out a little more efficiently please let me know.

:D

Welcome I felt the same way my friend. This is a good server lots of friendly players. Everything came back to me when I first came back. This has always been a great memory of mine as well. Enjoy!

xnolanx
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the server man! Hope to see you around maybe!

Lonedrahon25
04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Welcome and well met. Be wary of the awesomness that is at hand!

Striiker
04-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Hail and welcome to the server! We all I believe have shared in your feelings of joy and awe when first signing into the server. Everquest was at its best during those first few years. It appeared to go astray when Brad McQuaid and several of the original developers left. Project1999 will allow everyoen else to finally experience what a great MMO must be.
Quests were always a bit of a challenge in Everquest. The difficulty being around determining who to talk to and what had to be completed. I always relied upon the web sites to offer up helpful hints for the quests. In the Library forum, there are some links to the wayback machine for web sites which had a lot of quest detail. I would suggest having a look there.. Once again, welcome! I hope to see you in game some day.

Kyronix
04-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes and information. This is so much fun!

Grento
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I logged in for the first time yesterday and had a blast, felt like the beginning again. Just to make sure, I decided to run from rivervale to freeport, I made it into kithicor and died in two minutes. Perfect.

Keystone
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
zomg i was in ring of valor up untill luclin!

Kyronix
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Keystone.... were you a necro? I recall the name. Skaterie was one of my best friends through High school. Craziest Cleric known to man.

Elendae
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Crushbone belts/deathfist slashed belts seem to be the most popular. I think the gnoll fang quest in Qeynos is great. Also I believe most cities have bone chip quests, although those are probably better sold to higher level players.

From what I've seen its pretty sporadic. Halas/Kelethin has some decent quests for rogues. Surefall has a few for druids. Qeynos/Freeport have monk quests that are fun. Akanon I'm not too familiar with except for the highwayman quest that I spent several hours on only to find out it was broken haha. Oh! There's a troll that wanders around Steamfont that is for a quest. Around 10ish I'd guess. And I'd imagine the kobolds probably drop something that gnomes need. I usually hail the NPCs around guilds to see what I can find. This is probably why my bard is still in her 20s..

BuzWeaver
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the Project! I actually think I can get one or two of my friends to come join in on the fun. One of them in particular has wanted to play in this style since the first mentioning of the Combine Server back in 2006.

Eastwood
04-05-2010, 08:20 PM
My favorite parts of this server is the comfort knowing it will never go past Velious.

That's a big thing for me, that's when EQ mainly died to me.

I did pop in during the LDON era to play with an RL friend in 2004 and it was super easy, but I can barely remember it, and i got to the 50s I think. In this old era things are harder to earn, you have to work with others, its more fun than just POK books, soulbinder NPCs, and a world full of empty zones.

We all know this, that's why we're here.

Kyronix
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I started in velius and came into my own when it comes to understanding the game near the end of luclin. And from what I gathered, the old guard (most fo you here) were turned off mainly by luclin. I thought luclin was interesting and when compared to the 15 other expansions, not a bad one in the overall span. However it started some bad nasty habits, such as the Mudflation of gear with stats increasing like crazy. PoP though in my opinion was just a spectacular expansion. I loved the planes and the gods, all the backstory and interaction with the higher powers, the tiered system and the flagging. It was all awesome and competitive and fun.

But I'm ok with the server not going that far because when it comes down to it, Velious and Kunark are what I really wanna be in the fold for.