PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Root Shouldn't Remove SOW

Smedy
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
As far as i remember root never removed sow or other runspeed effects, only snare did.

Drytan
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
This is true.

Arillious
11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I concur with the above statement(s).

valithteezee
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
signed in blood

Daldaen
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Back when root and snare were on the same line. It did remove SoW.

Harrison
11-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Back when root and snare were on the same line. It did remove SoW.

^this.

Lazortag
11-08-2011, 07:16 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20020521185906/http://www.everlore.com/magic/Magic.asp?ID=6178&mode=details&spname=Root&type=

Submited by: Anonymous On: 1/27/2001 12:43:51 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
well i'm not lvl 34 but i really don't see much use for this except to excape...root the run for zone...very good lifesaver. but as the other post said it get resised alot at that lvl. so just stick to ou snare/dot much easier. BTW great idea plant your pet somewhere and run way out and find a non argo mob. or a low spawn argo mob worked great in FOB on the maruaders in the bowl. darkness, run a little the dot, run alittle more and dot then run to pet and life drain. your pissed off rating will be sooo high the mob will ignore your pet and come after you. to bad he can't catch you. god i love darkness. and your pet just wails away while your dots keep the argo on you. easy as hell red cons.

P.S. the new patch says that root will no longer cancel SOW...dam now it's hard to duel druids again....NOT... the darkness line of spells still cancel sow. trust me i have fought many necro's
with sow and every time i get the darkness dot my sow is removed. just like to let you know

Daldaen
11-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Just another example of Red's trying to make their server easymode lol.

Darwoth2
11-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Just another example of Red's trying to make their server easymode lol.

by this we can safely assume that you are indeed a blue and as such the very definition of easy mode.

Lazortag
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
by this we can safely assume that you are indeed a blue and as such the very definition of easy mode.

Actually, blue players tend to be more intelligent and better looking so they are able to endure the more challenging aspects of classic everquest without crying about it. Red players as evidenced by this forum are usually illiterate and will whine when the game is made more difficult (see: spell pricing, research, exp rates, corpse runs, the lack of soulbinders, the lack of global ooc, target rings, shared bank, pets disappearing on zoning, selo's not working indoors, et cetera), even going so far as to lie (see: Darwoth, Smedy, Salty, Macken, Wehrmacht) to get things changed in their favor.

minakto
11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Submited by: Anonymous On: 1/27/2001 12:43:51 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
well i'm not lvl 34 but i really don't see much use for this except to excape...root the run for zone...very good lifesaver. but as the other post said it get resised alot at that lvl. so just stick to ou snare/dot much easier. BTW great idea plant your pet somewhere and run way out and find a non argo mob. or a low spawn argo mob worked great in FOB on the maruaders in the bowl. darkness, run a little the dot, run alittle more and dot then run to pet and life drain. your pissed off rating will be sooo high the mob will ignore your pet and come after you. to bad he can't catch you. god i love darkness. and your pet just wails away while your dots keep the argo on you. easy as hell red cons.

P.S. the new patch says that root will no longer cancel SOW...dam now it's hard to duel druids again....NOT... the darkness line of spells still cancel sow. trust me i have fought many necro's
with sow and every time i get the darkness dot my sow is removed. just like to let you know

Funny how it takes snare dots and a life tap to get this pissed off rating where on red99 it just takes 1 offensive spell

Scrooge
11-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Actually, blue players tend to be more intelligent and better looking so they are able to endure the more challenging aspects of classic everquest without crying about it. Red players as evidenced by this forum are usually illiterate and will whine when the game is made more difficult

Alot of truth in that!