PDA

View Full Version : Cleric + what class pool

eqravenprince
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
As a Cleric, what class do you want as your duo partner?

pickled_heretic
11-09-2011, 11:56 AM
enchanter? necro?

Ele
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
monk, sk/pal/warrior, enchanter (charm pet tank), magician

Extunarian
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Chanter, hands down.

Eldaran
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I like duoing with my brothers Monk.

Vondra
11-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Enchanter is probably the most powerful choice. Bonus since you're both desirable group classes and are just a tank away from getting a full group going if you're bored.

pickled_heretic
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Enchanter is probably the most powerful choice. Bonus since you're both desirable group classes and are just a tank away from getting a full group going if you're bored.

2/3 of the holy trinity of EverQuest

Daliant17447
11-09-2011, 05:11 PM
lol @ whoever voted ranger

Werlop
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
The chanter needs solid gear for farming, so at low levels you would need twinkage.
On the bright side, this duo can do almost anything. Add a monk, and you can do pretty much anything a full group can. Charmed pets are hax dps if the chanter has good enough gear to fully realize its potential without dying.
No other class has both the potential dps and the versatility of a chanter, and no other class will minimize downtimes while ensuring a stable gain in exp. Just don't afk with a charmed pet... ever.

pickled_heretic
11-09-2011, 05:20 PM
The chanter needs solid gear for farming, so at low levels you would need twinkage.

wut?

i charmed with 140 charisma for the longest time. never noticed much of a difference from now where i have over 200.

Kevlar
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Cleric/war isn't bad. War has good mitigation and with complete heal you can do decent content. Always better to grab a slower and finish off the holy trinity, but war/cler can do alright. You will die a lot less than ench/cler, but level slower.

My main box on live was war/cler/sham and it was awesome, lots of buffs, rez, great healing, and dps not too bad with a decent weapon setup on warrior and shaman dots + dog, and maybe a cleric nuke between heals.

Snaggles
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I voted Ranger as a joke ;).

Not good but not horrible. Harmony, root, snare, sow. Cleric had fear and heals.
Throw in a Swarmcaller (700pp) and it's one of the better slow procs melees get. Definitely attainable.

So yea, recap: Was joking. A blue con grind mob duo at best.

Juugox2
11-09-2011, 10:16 PM
well depends on con aswell a lower blue con def will stay charmed then a higher blue con but charming is easy anyone who cant handle there pet is a tard :P ive seen ppl being stupid tho

oops was meant for some dude that was talking about 140 cha and how long it lasted lol forgot to quote

Pomaikai
11-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Once a Bard has Mana song and can really swarm kite, they can be really fun to group with. You just have to learn to time your heals. Start casting as the Bard just gets into range, and finish casting just before he leaves range. Once you get the timing down, it's a whole lot of fun to watch. You just have to be ready to either dash to the ZL, or gate at a moments if the Bard's swarm kite goes pear shaped.

Other than that Chanter's are really good to group with, as are Necro's and Pally's in zones with lots of undead, SK's once they get mana taps, Wizzy's in an AOE group, etc. Quite often the best class to duo with is wholly dependent upon the zone you are in. Some classes just lend themselves to certain zones better than others.

Now for trio's? A Pally and a Necro in LGuk is an awesome sight to behold!

Liathan
11-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I like duoing with my brothers Monk.

with "your brothers" monk ahh

Werlop
11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
wut?

i charmed with 140 charisma for the longest time. never noticed much of a difference from now where i have over 200.

I was talking about HP gear. From the mid 30s onward, a broken pet with weapons/haste will seriously mess you up if your gear is lacking.
But you would want a good CHA set for lulls as well around that level.

pickled_heretic
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I was talking about HP gear. From the mid 30s onward, a broken pet with weapons/haste will seriously mess you up if your gear is lacking.
But you would want a good CHA set for lulls as well around that level.

i was wearing my newbie guild robe until my mid 20s. you don't need to be twinked to charm, you just need to know how to recharm safely, and you can't charm mobs that are too high for you. ideally you want to charm something that is dark blue, but right at the cusp of turning light blue. furthermore if you do it right you won't get hit for more than 1 round of damage when your charm breaks. yeah, it's a lot of damage, but it certainly isn't enough to kill you.

burkemi5
11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
keep in mind with the recent pet xp nerf that if you decide to roll w/ a pet class (including ench charm) that your XP will probably be nerfed.

pickled_heretic
11-11-2011, 11:32 AM
keep in mind with the recent pet xp nerf that if you decide to roll w/ a pet class (including ench charm) that your XP will probably be nerfed.

breaking charm before killing = full exp

this can be challenging to accomplish while solo... with a cleric it is doable

Extunarian
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
breaking charm before killing = full exp

this can be challenging to accomplish while solo... with a cleric it is doable

It certainly is more challenging. I jumped on my chanter last night to see how much more work it was. I would call my charmed pet off when the mob-to-kill was at 2% or so, then drop a dot on it. Then /pet guard and run a fair distance away. Break charm with hide and have ample time to root or mez my former pet while the dot finished off the other mob for full xp.

The toughest part was finding that 'sweet spot' of 2-3% health to call of my pet. Call them off to early and your DoT doesn't kill the mob. But if you wait too long the dot kills them before you have time to break charm.

In all though, it wasn't too difficult to cope with.

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
with "your brothers" monk ahh

My brotha from anotha motha's monk.