PDA

View Full Version : Human vs Iksar

TrueJohn
11-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I've asked around a bit and got conflicting opinions on the matter of which is a better race for a monk.

I am thinking of making a monk and unsure which race would best suit me. I won't have access to things like fungis and rbbs but i won't be starting from scratch, maybe 20k.

Now from what I've heard, AC is broken on this server and is only a fraction as useful as on live so that negates the iksar ac bonus but is the iksar regen bonus worth the xp penalty and horrible faction? If i had a fungi I wouldn't think twice about rolling a human for quicker leveling and a general all around easier time traveling and training.

I'd like to hear from some veteran monks what their opinions and/or regrets are for the race they chose.

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Think AC was proven to be right in PvE.

Snaggles
11-11-2011, 05:41 PM
If you're trying to eek every last bit out of the class it's a fairly obvious pick.
If you're trying to justify the quicker and less painful path Human is the clear winner.

It's gonna be a tough blindfold test comparison at 60. Mostly your ability to solo or how long you will have to be FD-AFK surrounded by mobs prior to training the zone.

Nirgon
11-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Can you vendor with sneak as an iksar is a good question.

Estu
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
AC is not broken on the server.

Softcore PK
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
When it comes down to it, the biggest difference is going to be one of aesthetics. Slight ac boost and regen is cool and all, but it's not a game breaker. Do you really wanna be a gross lizard thing for your EQ life? :S

Slave
11-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Can you vendor with sneak as an iksar is a good question.

The answer is yes, it is very simple as a monk to sneak-vendor. Or sneak-quest for that matter.

Are you a min/maxer? Go iksar or you'll regret it. But if you were, this thread wouldn't even be here. So I'm going to say you'd be happier as a human.

Treats
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
The Iksar bonus is to Avoidance based AC - around 5% or so. Probably not broken. The monk bonus is to Mitigation based AC - It should be around (Level + 5).

Think AC was proven to be right in PvE.

AC is not broken on the server.

Can you post a link to these parses/evidence on Mitigation AC?

Iksar is the better choice for monk, but only if you can handle the experience penalty that goes with it.

Messianic
11-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Iksar is always a better choice for a monk if your goal is the best possible monk at 60. If your goal is to simply enjoy the monk class and get to 60 with any kind of speed, human monk is fine. Humans have innately faster fists by a tiny fraction - it's such a small thing I ignore it, and it doesn't affect epic'd monks. And there will be a lot of epic monks given how easy their epic is...

You'll miss a bit of AC and a lot of regen difference in your late 50s, but you'll be sexier - if you care that much about graphic models designed in the late 90s. But suffice it to say the regen/ac bonus don't mean much until 50+ (because the regen difference doesn't start to really take off until then).

Nune
11-12-2011, 10:34 AM
AC was parsed and VERY broken when read from PvP logs, if you're going Blue server I'd say the choice would be Ikky for sure

Rais
11-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I would say Iskar, but from what I can tell AC isn't working as well as it should be. So take that with a grain of salt. The natural regen of Iskars is also a good advantage.

If you are just starting out, I would pick Iskars simply due to the regen and anything else is a bonus. This is coming from one of the top geared human monks on the server.

Nune
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I would say Iskar, but from what I can tell AC isn't working as well as it should be. So take that with a grain of salt. The natural regen of Iskars is also a good advantage.

If you are just starting out, I would pick Iskars simply due to the regen and anything else is a bonus. This is coming from one of the top geared human monks on the server.

Plus Field Of Bone is the best noob zone in game, and you dont really ever need to port off Kunark all the way to 50 easy

Tanx
11-12-2011, 12:31 PM
i play a human and love it.