PDA

View Full Version : Good budget-gear for a Druid?

Flash
11-17-2011, 05:23 PM
You know the drill.

And no, I don't like leveling one toon to high levels. I like leveling a bunch of toons and staying a lowbie. So please stop criticizing me for not working on my Pally.

Snaggles
11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
You know the drill.

And no, I don't like leveling one toon to high levels. I like leveling a bunch of toons and staying a lowbie. So please stop criticizing me for not working on my Pally.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Category:Druid_Equipment

Level as many toons as slow as you want. If you catch heat for anything it will probably be a lack of personal research.

Kassel
11-17-2011, 07:44 PM
You know the drill.

Can i criticize you for your inability to google or look things up on the p99 wiki ? AM i allowed?

Snaggles
11-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I'll bite.

On a budget you want hitpoints first and foremost. Some Fire Wedding rings or Adamantite bands. Second you want a decent weapon and some vendor bought armor. A decent weapon for a druid could be a smoldering brand or a cracked staff.

It's the same formula for almost any budget twink. Of course as "budget" is defined differently for each person. With a druid you will be kiting stuff before too long...gear is less impacting.

Hamahakki
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
At low levels you just want +HP and a weapon with a decent ratio.

A pair of Platinum Fire Wedding rings will give 10 AC 110 HP for about 500pp.

Runewood Great Staff has an excellent ratio (22/40) and can be had for almost free. Wraith Bone Hammer (8/26 5 STR 2 WIS) is also basically free, both weapons are frequently vendored.

If you want to spend a few hundred plat on a weapon, Smoldering Brand or Mudman Enforcer from Hole are good choices.

Yidesange
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
somebody give this man twink gears for all his toons already

necrosaurio
11-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Nooooh, give 'em to me... my poor druid/necro/enc/wizard can do with all the help they can get :P

About the "too many alts" comment, some people like depth-first and others (like me) tend to prefer breadth-first. Both approaches are perfectly valid but, in this game, you're not going to notice much difference in playstile until you get to a high enough level (15? 20?) so my advice would be to get each char to that level before you start playing the others.

Of course, taking a break to level a different class helps, specially if you're stuck at one level (for my druid, level 8 it's been hell... I'm now lvevel 9 and loving it).

somebody give this man twink gears for all his toons already

falkun
11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
The bigger issue is I'm getting tired of seeing a new "how do you gear ____ class?" post by the same guy every couple days. We've answered them dutifully, and usually with links. You'd think by the 4th or 5th class the OP would learn how to do his own research.

Here is your general guide for how to gear ____ class:

Buy your character a pair of plat fire wedding rings (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring).
Go to http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Main_Page
Select Equipment (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Category:Items) from the left side.
Select Equipment By Class (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Equipment_By_Class) from the top.
Select the appropriate class.
Select the inventory slot you would like to fill.
Find the stat you would like to raise, sort list by that stat.
Select items from left side of list, look at EC price chart to find items in your price range.
Go to EC, buy items from your shopping list.

General guidelines for gearing classes:

Tanks (WAR/SHD/PAL): AC > HP > STA > DEX > STR
Melee (MNK/RNG/ROG): Haste > STR > STA > DEX = AGI
INT Casters (ENC/MAG/WIZ/NEC): INT (to 200) = CHA (ENC only) > HP > STA = STR
WIS Casters (SHM/CLR/DRU): WIS (to 200) > HP > STA = STR
**Edit** BRD: Give him a percussion, stringed, and brass instrument, vendor works.

These are all very rough guidelines, and I'm sure someone can suggest better, but these guidelines will carry you until you understand your class(es) well enough to disagree with me.

Now please stop asking every couple days how to gear up a new sub-L5 character. Learn the class and you'll learn how to gear them appropriately. Most content in classic EQ is structured in a way that you can accomplish the early levels damn near naked anyways.

Timarian
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
It wouldnt suprise me if the purpose of the posts were to acquire donations - from the Pally post I noted that he updated it with gear he had been given. But hey thats me being synical!

Messianic
11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I sympathize with the OP - there's a kind of fun to leveling a bunch of characters of different classes and races to see all the different experiences of leveling...

Falkun's covered most of it. +Hp gear is incredibly valuable early on, especially levels 1-20. My Druid leveled with shield of thistles more efficiently than anything else until the charm changes made the level 14 charm spell a beast...

However, until about 30+, +mana gear is generally more beneficial than int gear. For example, Moonstone rings, Glowing Bone Collar, Jaded Golden Bracelets (2ac 15 hp 15 mana - LOVE these things), Wolf Fur Slippers (although kind of expensive for their benefit), Lizardscale Belt (10 hp 10 mana), EB Cape, EB sleeves...These are really good for early on. For slots where a +mana item is not viable, +wis works great.

Flash
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
It wouldnt suprise me if the purpose of the posts were to acquire donations - from the Pally post I noted that he updated it with gear he had been given. But hey thats me being synical!

I'm this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLG9dPxcIAs

Slave
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
You're something all right.

Flash
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
You're something all right.

Well if you're all gonna make fun of me for asking for genuine advice, the only thing I can do is roll with the punches. What else can I do in the face of a collection of trolls?

pickled_heretic
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Well if you're all gonna make fun of me for asking for genuine advice, the only thing I can do is roll with the punches. What else can I do in the face of a collection of trolls?

let me say this as nicely as possible, but when you ask the same kinds of questions repeatedly you're kind of asking for it.

dont taze me

Flash
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
let me say this as nicely as possible, but when you ask the same kinds of questions repeatedly you're kind of asking for it.

dont taze me

Then ignore it, don't pounce on it like I'm some playground bully that needs a taste of his own medicine.

Snaggles
11-18-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't think it bothers people about the frequent posts as much as befuddles them why they are so basic. I mean, the internet is fucking amazing. We even have it on our phones these days. :eek:

Oh, and don't get your feeling too hurt. You do have a Sword of the Morning on your level 9 Paladin.

Flash
11-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think it bothers people about the frequent posts as much as befuddles them why they are so basic. I mean, the internet is fucking amazing. We even have it on our phones these days. :eek:

Oh, and don't get your feeling too hurt. You do have a Sword of the Morning on your level 9 Paladin.

Level 26.