PDA

View Full Version : Facts about DDoS

Goobles
04-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Ok... now feel free to elaborate on this shit plz.

1) It is nearly impossible to trace a DDoS attack, unless you are a Fed.

Kuldiin
04-07-2010, 03:17 AM
1) It is nearly impossible to trace a DDoS attack, unless you are a Fed.

Isnt everyone on the Internet a federal agent?

mitic
04-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Isnt everyone on the Internet a federal agent?

/nod

here is my badge as proof:

http://police-badges.de/ID/108_FBI.jpg

+ iam flying around wearing a red dress to save teh world!

trolleleet
04-07-2010, 03:32 AM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4893/adsss.jpg

Goobles
04-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Roxanne! You don't need to wear that dress to-night!

Xebarsis
04-07-2010, 03:49 AM
I demand more facts! We only got one fact; FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

douglas1999
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Fuck you, faggot.

magic
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
It's not nearly impossible to trace a DDOS. Example:

Step 1. Gain basic programming knowledge (Visual Basic works fine, trust me) and then learn how to use winsock.
Step 2. Re-infect an already infected bitch computer with a backdoor and have it page your ICQ whenever it comes online.
Step 3. Connect to said computer and check out what all it is connected to / is connected to it.
Step 4. Profit, and have a little bit of fun with your newly infected <><

loloolololololololol haaard stuff bros

edit:

When you find their IP -> www.ip2location.com

Finawin
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
It doesn't work that way lol

It isn't a constant connection to everything else like a chain. It's a one-time command sent via controller to a "master zombie" of sorts and it goes down the line.

If it were as simple as you suggested it would have been done already.

Ferok
04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
It's not nearly impossible to trace a DDOS. Example:

Step 1. Gain basic programming knowledge (Visual Basic works fine, trust me) and then learn how to use winsock.
Step 2. Re-infect an already infected bitch computer with a backdoor and have it page your ICQ whenever it comes online.
Step 3. Connect to said computer and check out what all it is connected to / is connected to it.
Step 4. Profit, and have a little bit of fun with your newly infected <><

loloolololololololol haaard stuff bros

edit:

When you find their IP -> www.ip2location.com

lololololol no

grindle
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
and lets face it anyone with any skills at all will not be sending any sorts of commands from their original IP address so its not so easy to find someone even if they are stupid enough to send the commands from their home computer directly.

magic
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
uh, even if someone is hiding behind a proxy it's possible to find their actual IP if you are accessing the same point as they are. find their proxy IP and you can find their original IP. I know it isn't a constant connection, but if you are actively monitoring anything accessing said computer, then yes, you will eventually find it.

magic
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I also like how you guys are professing to have so much knowledge about this when you probably wikipedia'd it.

Uaellaen
04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I also like how you guys are professing to have so much knowledge about this when you probably wikipedia'd it.

best post ever regarding this situation! im serious ><

Cilraaz
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
uh, even if someone is hiding behind a proxy it's possible to find their actual IP if you are accessing the same point as they are. find their proxy IP and you can find their original IP. I know it isn't a constant connection, but if you are actively monitoring anything accessing said computer, then yes, you will eventually find it.

Odds of kicking off the attack from their own IP: zero
Odds of kicking off the attack from the local Starbucks: win + coffee

guineapig
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
win + coffee

I'll have a Cafe latte.
Twist of lemon.
Sweet 'N Low.

:D

magic
04-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Odds of kicking off the attack from their own IP: zero
Odds of kicking off the attack from the local Starbucks: win + coffee

Odds of finding their location if you find their own IP: 100%

Ferok
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Odds of finding their location if you find their own IP and a warrant: 100%

Fixed that for you.

Having their IP will, at best, locate their ISP.

Cilraaz
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Odds of finding their location if you find their own IP: 100%

How are you finding their IP if they're on a local WiFi connection that they don't own?

[edit: Add to that the fact that you can control a swarm of zombies via twitter commands that appear to be plain text. How do you track that one?]

Glitch
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
You stole my thread name, and I am offend.

Nen
04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I'll have a Cafe latte.
Twist of lemon.
Sweet 'N Low.

:D

LOL... Boondock Saints! Great, great line. ;)

Grento
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Fixed that for you.

You can find their general location with just an IP. My IP traces back to brooklyn, which is very close to where I live.

Exact address though, Yes, you need a warrant.

Ferok
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
You can find their general location with just an IP. My IP traces back to brooklyn, which is very close to where I live.

Isn't that what I said?

It's not actually you're location that you get back, it's the ISP's location that it's getting back. The fact that you're located near to your ISP is not a coincidence, of course. However, if you dialed in to an old AOL phonebank in Kansas, your IP would sure enough show up as Kansas.

magic
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Fixed that for you.

Having someones IP, at best, locates their physical geographical location. l2internet newfag

magic
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Isn't that what I said?

It's not actually you're location that you get back, it's the ISP's location that it's getting back. The fact that you're located near to your ISP is not a coincidence, of course. However, if you dialed in to an old AOL phonebank in Kansas, your IP would sure enough show up as Kansas.

No. That's not even close to what you said. You also used the wrong form of "your" in your reply. If someone dialed into Kansas from Virginia, you could trace it back to Virginia. Don't even get me started on AOL bro.. bypassing aol canada using 2.5 sprint.net to make fake lcases since 96, using the fakes to collect 100k+ names to spam, and walking away with thousands of <>< including german guides/hosts. You don't know anything about teh haxorz

attacker
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
track me bitch

Ferok
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
No. That's not even close to what you said. You also used the wrong form of "your" in your reply. If someone dialed into Kansas from Virginia, you could trace it back to Virginia. Don't even get me started on AOL bro.. bypassing aol canada using 2.5 sprint.net to make fake lcases since 96, using the fakes to collect 100k+ names to spam, and walking away with thousands of <>< including german guides/hosts. You don't know anything about teh haxorz

Heh, I never do that... damn.

Anyway, back to this. Yes, you could trace it back to Virginia, but not without a warrant. When you go to a website and get the location of the IP, it doesn't give you the location of the client. It gives you the location of the registered subnet.

It's not that it's impossible to gather the information, but that's not what a website like http://www.ip2location.com/ does. It might give you a geophysical location, but it's not your location unless that ip address/subnet is registered to you specifically.

Ferok
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Having someones IP, at best, locates their physical geographical location. l2internet newfag

Not legally, without a warrant. Sorry.

magic
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Not legally, without a warrant. Sorry.

I'm sorry I didn't know you needed a warrant to do things on the internet. Grow a pair.

karsten
04-08-2010, 12:10 AM
fact: ddosers are mammals

Cilraaz
04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm sorry I didn't know you needed a warrant to do things on the internet. Grow a pair.

You can use an IP address to track the person to a general area, not get their home address. To get their personal information, you'd need to go through the ISP... which would require a warrant.

[edit: And we're back to the point that if the person is intelligent at all, they're not starting the attack from their home IP anyway. They're using a WiFi several miles from home.]