PDA

View Full Version : Perfect time!

thrawnseg
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
With the server being down for 1-2 weeks per the front page, this would be the perfect time to start all over with all the bug fixes already in place!

Wipe the server and lets go again with a timeline of maybe -

2 months - Plane of Fear opens (June)
3 months - Plane of Hate (July)
4 months - Sol Ro (Aug)
5 months - Plane of Sky (Sep)
7 months - Kunark (Nov)

Nen
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
With the server being down for 1-2 weeks per the front page, this would be the perfect time to start all over with all the bug fixes already in place!

4 months - Sol Ro (Aug)
7 months - Kunark (Nov)

Why do you require attention?

mitic
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
actually, i would make a poll about a wipe, who knows who knows...

girth
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
It would make everybody learn swimming and sense heading that didn't have to, but thats hardly reason enough to shit all over the people at the top who have invested some real time into this already.

bionicbadger
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd image there are many who would be against a reboot. I however wouldn't mind.

Ferok
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't think anyone's going to go for a reboot, but maybe a newer, younger server that is a reboot...

Grento
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I would love a wipe for my own selfish reasons but I wouldn't want anyone that has put time into their character to have to restart, I know how much it sucks.

JayFiveAlive
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I would love a server reboot. I just found this server a few weeks back and am so out of the high level crowd, missed all the items I was looking forward to checking out from the old days...

But I am sure many would not like that. Their characters are their blood sweat and tears.

Lonedrahon25
04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
No no no, and more NO!

Tsuken
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
No, manastones are already overrated enough, no need to wipe the whole server for it.

Deanob
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
LOL lets wipe the server because ur upset some of us didnt have to learn swimming and sense heading. Thats some serious drugs.

Nedala
04-07-2010, 11:26 AM
ummm i play since a month or something and my swimm skill wont come up....what r u talking about?

Virtuosos
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
fuck no, working my ass off on my pally....if there is a reset imma just roll a damn chanter or bard and go easymode :p

Crone
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Would be interesting to see the shift in class's that would happen. I think a lot of people would change.

Grento
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Would be interesting to see the shift in class's that would happen. I think a lot of people would change.

Why do you say that? People just being unhappy with their class or getting left out of raids because of class need?

rioisk
04-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Pretty sure the class makeup would be the same. We're all more knowledgeable then back in 1999 about which classes can farm massive plat solo.

Honestly, I think deep down we all want to play melee classes but only if we can be twinked.

Crone
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I think probably just because of the experiences that they've been a part of. As a Warrior, I don't think I would change.. it's like thinking right now, if you could start over, and have another class, at the same point you are now, would you?

bionicbadger
04-09-2010, 10:46 AM
ummm i play since a month or something and my swimm skill wont come up....what r u talking about?

I've found that swimming is a bit wierd on this server. It doesn't seem to skill up if you are mostly out of the water (all the way up on the surface). If you are under water or mostly underwater (the water level is halfway up your screen so you can see under the surface) you do get skill ups.

Crone
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I've found that swimming is a bit wierd on this server. It doesn't seem to skill up if you are mostly out of the water (all the way up on the surface). If you are under water or mostly underwater (the water level is halfway up your screen so you can see under the surface) you do get skill ups.

Probably a good thing, otherwise, who wouldn't just auto run swim to the back of Oasis for max skill.

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I've found my swimming doesn't raise at all if eq isn't the active window, ie i can't just autoswim whilst web browsing.

VincentVolaju
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I would love a reset also, only because I just kinda started actually playing and am only like level 9...so that would make getting groups alot of easier if everyone started over =) It be nice, doubt it would happen though. Someone should make a poll though and see how many people are against it.

guineapig
04-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I've found my swimming doesn't raise at all if eq isn't the active window, ie i can't just autoswim whilst web browsing.

I don't think it has to do with being the active window, it has to do with movement.

You wont get a skill up if you are staying in one place while in the water, even if you have autorun on and are facing a corner. At least that's what I have been noticing.

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think it has to do with being the active window, it has to do with movement.

You wont get a skill up if you are staying in one place while in the water, even if you have autorun on and are facing a corner. At least that's what I have been noticing.

that would make sense, if you want to raise swimming i guess afk in oot is the way to go :p

Drubu
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Reset sounds good actually but no big deal either way. Im sure not all of the plat exploiters got banned.

On another unrelated note ive ran into a few people duel boxing because they think that because they have 2 different IP's thats its "safe". When questioned one of them claimed it was their GF playing the 50 druid bot but she was "afk" alot. LOL rightttt.... I would have tried to turn him in but it was in the middle of ddos attacks.

YendorLootmonkey
04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
When questioned one of them claimed it was their GF playing the 50 druid bot but she was "afk" alot. LOL rightttt....

Technically, he may not be lying if he's referring to his right hand.

Putrid
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
how many days has it been sence it went down?

Mordachai
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
too many.

Tudana
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
2 days 21hours and 14 mins

but who's counting...

MogManX44
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
2 days 21hours and 14 mins

but who's counting...

and i thought I was an addict...

stormlord
04-10-2010, 05:28 AM
I wouldn't care. But that's probably because none of my characters are over level 8 :)

I think most people would probably want to keep their characters. A poll would kill the doubts.

I don't think it matters though. If i recall, a wipe won't happen, but a new server might. I, personally, don't want to see two servers because I don't think we have near enough players. The lesser zones are still pretty much empty. This indicates to me reduced population because i 100% recall blackburrow being PACKED FULL almost constantly. I recall seeing people everywhere during live in 99, trying to find something (anything) to kill for exp, and that's not the case here. We got a long ways to go to increase our population. All those extra players are good because - they help eachother when they bump into one another. (For example, if I got a peice of cloth armour I looted, and see someone needs it, i'll give it to them instead of selling it.) And when Kunark and Velious come around, there'll be many additional zones and all the players will be spread out more - worsening the situation further. Breaking up the population into two servers wouldn't help i don't think.

I don't see how a wipe would effective. Ya, it would clear the economy of all the duped junk and exploits, but those things can only go so far once patched. It's true that damage has been done, but wiping the server might do more damage, hard to say. It's hard to gain someone's trust, but losing it is easy. I think this is similar. If you wipe, you could lose people's trust in your server. Why play here if you're just going to wipe their character?

CPTMULLER
04-10-2010, 06:11 AM
I dunno that I'd come back if they just reset everything to 0
also, if the ddos was bad with the small dilemma that caused whomever to snap.... imagine how pissed off the 30+ crowd would be

Zordana
04-10-2010, 04:50 PM

4 months - Sol Ro (Aug)
7 months - Kunark (Nov)

Congratulations! You WON the fail Award 04/2010!
http://moestaverne.com/uploadarea/download.php?id=355

Olorin
04-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I dunno that I'd come back if they just reset everything to 0
also, if the ddos was bad with the small dilemma that caused whomever to snap.... imagine how pissed off the 30+ crowd would be

Interesting that there are mulitple threads suggesting the same thing, it must have some support with the playerbase. My main is 45, but i would support a reset as well.

vidurous
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM

4 months - Sol Ro (Aug)
7 months - Kunark (Nov)

Trolling troll likes to troll

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Interesting that there are mulitple threads suggesting the same thing, it must have some support with the playerbase. My main is 45, but i would support a reset as well.

Didnt you start the other one?... Dude, chill out with this mess. You voiced your opinion already and it has been documented.

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Interesting that there are mulitple threads suggesting the same thing

yeah i find it interesting too that there is more then 1 ignorant person out of a couple thousand in this community :o i thought its all about love and careing and shareing in this world and ... oh wait ...

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Shh... Uua! *jumps down from a tree to kill the WoW kiddie* There will be no fair ideals here sir!