PDA

View Full Version : Veeshan's Peak Feedback Thread

nilbog
11-20-2011, 12:01 PM
How was it?

Anything too hard? Too easy?

Loot drops, aggro radius, npc spells, etc.

Post here, in appropriate bugs forum, or PM me.

Thanks.

Zeelot
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
None of the dragons we fought used charm. Most if not all the dragons should be using a single target charm.

Back in the day I survived quite a few Hoshkar wipes because he made me his pet - he was also able to have both his shaman pet and a PC pet at the same time. It would last quite awhile if you did not have high MR.

The other dragons all had this ability as well as far as I remember.

Shiftin
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Phara dar had no pet and several people thought she should have.

Razor Fang of Xygoz is barely proccing for the guys who got them, and when it is, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It should have a Mark of karn type effect.

I also don't think we got charmed by any named dragons either.

Overall, I think it's difficult to gauge difficulty when we both had so many more people than we probably did the zone with on live, but AEs seemed in line with what they should be.

I have over 150 MR unbuffed, and around 420 MR with buffs, potions and bards and I never got hit with an AE (as i shouldn't at that point), but folks without bards were dealing with them, so at least the MR dragon AEs seemed to be set at a reasonable level.

bylbob
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Obviously too easy since everything was killed on opening, so it will barelly change anything for lower tier guilds as the same 2 guilds will keep monopolizing content. You should have worked on epics (wich are content for the whole server) instead of wasting time with VP (just for 2 guilds that allready control all lower tier content).

nilbog
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Obviously too easy since everything was killed on opening, so it will barelly change anything for lower tier guilds as the same 2 guilds will keep monopolizing content. You should have worked on epics (wich are content for the whole server) instead of wasting time with VP (just for 2 guilds that allready control all lower tier content).

You are not helpful. Never post in one of my threads again.

Diggles
11-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Hello, yes, I have a very serious issue with VP. It did not provide nearly enough drama. Is there any way you can fix this?

bluejam
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Pathing at the entrance in front/on top of the telepad thingy seems off. Silverwing behaved quite oddly on pull and did not want to come into camp pathing back and forth at first.

Edit: Not sure about the difficulty. We had 54 players there I think and barely fought any trash. The dragons went down easily, even Phara Dar with adds. I don't have a "Live" point of reference though.
Will have to see how it goes in the next couple of weeks when people start losing interest again.

Tarathiel
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM

not to discredit any of the work you guys have done here but this guy kinda has a point =/

pickled_heretic
11-20-2011, 04:20 PM
it's gonna put a big strain on tracking all of these dragons once they get fully randomized. that may open the lower tier dragons to more of the server. we'll see in a month

EverquestJunkie
11-20-2011, 05:36 PM

booter
11-20-2011, 05:36 PM
The teleport pad we used to get out (don't remember which one, someone else chime in) was not working really well. I had to stand on it and rapidly click for ~10 seconds before it would zone me out. Others were reporting being zoned out immediately upon standing on it. Others never got out using it at all.

I'd check all of the teleport pads for any weird coding.

Rusl
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
The teleport pad we used to get out (don't remember which one, someone else chime in) was not working really well. I had to stand on it and rapidly click for ~10 seconds before it would zone me out. Others were reporting being zoned out immediately upon standing on it. Others never got out using it at all.

We used the one in Xygoz's room, took us to the swamp of no hope. Not sure if this is supposed to be active or not.

Diggles
11-20-2011, 06:21 PM
That's actually really funny.

Seaweedpimp
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
I wish i had more knowledge of how it was on live. All i can say is we had fun.

Nizzarr
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Drakes should see tru hide/sneak. Aggro range on everything looks fine.

There shouldnt be any wurm pather @ "camp 2" on the map, it should stop at the entrance of that "cave".

Kawai
11-20-2011, 08:01 PM
beside that has been said before i will add this :
should have be more see invisi mobs IMO.
Can be that lucky to have so , so , so few.

K

Kinsawt
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Wurms should all 'flee' when low HP. Snare/Flee parking was always a viable way to cheese the gauntlet.

Autotune
11-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Wurms should all 'flee' when low HP. Snare/Flee parking was always a viable way to cheese the gauntlet.

Formerly of Veeshan's Peak pre-revamp.

Spawn rate on Guardian Wurms is 15 minutes.

They come in two versions:

1) Do not see invis, small fire AE, melee for 500s. They run when low on health and enrage sometimes. They have a chance to spawn another wurm upon death.

2) Do see invis, 500ish cold AE coupled with dispell, AE Fear. Melee for 500s. Some run, some enrage. It's touch and go.

maybe this is what they have on them currently except that respawn is 2mins.

Jomar
11-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I only ran around inside last night, but from an explorers perspective:
Didn't seem like there were enough see invis wurms (may have just been from guilds killing the day before and respawns not having see invis). Travel was incredibly easy with just invisibility, and so it'd be pretty easy for an outsider to aggro a first mob, pop invis potion, and then just run around and build up a proxy aggro train and cause mayhem. And even the wurms that saw through invis didn't aggro if I ran directly beside them (may have just been the problem with the server tic aggro), although I only encountered two.

Phara Dar portal also dropped you on island one in the Plane of Sky with full buffs on. Is this correct? Figured at the first least it should be stripping buffs (and possibly also putting you on Island 8?).

Rais
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
On live it was semi rare to have a see invs wurm. Many many times you could run around everywhere. The off chance we would have to kill 2 or so wurms most each VP clear on live.

The respawn rate and the splitting of the wurms is what made it the hard part to kill the see invs wurms.

Frieza_Prexus
11-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Overall the zone seemed well tuned.

The aggro radius of Racnars seemed to be smaller than I remember, and I thought that some could be Raptured/Dictated.

I seem to remember the dragons having a bit more natural regen than they did here.

-Xasten

Ektar
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM

is this like the pads in sky? I click them for hours (ok maybe 15 seconds) before finally finding the sweet spot. If so, you got yourself a good jumping off/reference point

Hasbinbad
11-20-2011, 11:47 PM
I had more MR than shiftin, and got hit by several AEs. Resist seems to be working properly.

Cyrano
11-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I was at 421 and still got hit by a few here and there.

Brinkman
11-21-2011, 02:24 AM
I seem to remember the dragons having a bit more natural regen than they did here.

-Xasten

Im not in a raiding guild here on P99, so I cannot talk to how it is here, only comment on what you folks are saying.

I raided VP on live in kunark.

The three biggest PITA about VP was the fast respawns of roamers which was always negated by perma snareing the runners.

The aoes, which even on live were negated by resist gear, bards, buffs and potions. Same here on P99. Tho I dont recall many passing 400MR, and that wasnt for lack of farming, trust me.

The regen of the dragons, which was pretty damn insane on live. From what Xasten is saying, is it seems off a bit.

Now, the problem could be the regen being too low, or it could possibly be that the hits system on p99 is still off a bit from live. Making it slightly easier for melee dps on the dragons ( this is what I beleive peronally )

Anyways, very happy to see the server moving forward, good stuff! Gratz on your VP kills folks!

Happyfeet
11-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Yea the splitting ones are a pain haha. Saturday we had one split into I'd say 12 worms overall, one hitting for 1500. Pretty serious damage when you've only got like 15 people / 2 healers. Ring of worms for real.

Tycko
11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought the wurms that split couldn't split again? Well if they can, working as intended. If they shouldn't be it needs to be fixed.
Had a wurm split into 2 upon death.
We offtanked 1, killed the other.
The killed wurm split into 2.
Then we had 3 wurms total to deal with at once, don't recall any of them AE'n.

Zeelot
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought the wurms that split couldn't split again? Well if they can, working as intended. If they shouldn't be it needs to be fixed.
Had a wurm split into 2 upon death.
We offtanked 1, killed the other.
The killed wurm split into 2.
Then we had 3 wurms total to deal with at once, don't recall any of them AE'n.

Naw the potential for a crazy amount of splits is classic as far as I remember.

Mcbard
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Mob difficulty seemed fine.. pathing was a little buggy, particularly near the enterance pad, trash mobs weren't fleeing so you couldn't flee park them, and the teleport out pads were acting all buggy. Some people couldn't zone out and had to die.

Nizzarr
11-22-2011, 12:28 AM
we killed a bunch of wurms and none aoe ice or fire.. and I believe none aoe feared.? not sure if they should do that

Rais
11-22-2011, 12:42 AM
They should have a random chance to have the same abilities as Naggy and Vox.

Maze513
11-22-2011, 09:25 PM
on TMO wurn night we did have one that has a weak Fire AE and then we had the super wurm that hit for 1500, so that seems to be working as planned, only real issues I saw was just a few minor pathing issues. Other than that +1- had a great time!!

Jjlent
11-25-2011, 02:23 AM
can dragons only drop 1 piece of loot? we just had silverwing only drop 1 mage staff

Cyrano
11-25-2011, 03:15 AM
That's a nice staff.

Jjlent
11-25-2011, 03:48 AM
truly epic rot staff =(

Donkeylover
11-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Its actually truly a shitty staff. Is the robe of burning rage on the loot table? It should be dropping off of Hoshkar. I've seen a lot of incomplete/redundant loot tables out there, but I know this robe should be on it.

bluejam
11-25-2011, 11:38 AM
@Nizzarr: We had a wurm AE fear on opening night.

Shiftin
12-03-2011, 03:21 AM
there are 3 guardian wurms stacked on top of each other walking the path between the pool room and phara dar's room.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/anakedcowboy/wurm2.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/anakedcowboy/wurm1.jpg

Mcbard
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Mob difficulty seemed fine.. pathing was a little buggy, particularly near the enterance pad, trash mobs weren't fleeing so you couldn't flee park them, and the teleport out pads were acting all buggy. Some people couldn't zone out and had to die.

To add to this.. if you engage a dragon and wipe, the next time you attempt it the AEs will not work. I'm not sure if this was already posted in the bugs forum, or what is causing it exactly all I know is that it sucks and makes the dragons just fall over after wiping to them once. Trivializes encounters like Hoshkar imo!

Autotune
12-03-2011, 11:36 PM
To add to this.. if you engage a dragon and wipe, the next time you attempt it the AEs will not work. I'm not sure if this was already posted in the bugs forum, or what is causing it exactly all I know is that it sucks and makes the dragons just fall over after wiping to them once. Trivializes encounters like Hoshkar imo!

I remember Nexona AE'n when we did her opening day after we wiped. Did you guys use all his mana up? I have seen Naggy stop AE'n after many failed attempts.

I am also pretty sure Hosh was AE'n on our "2nd attempt" on opening night as well.

Unless something has changed since then and now.

Mcbard
12-03-2011, 11:38 PM
I remember Nexona AE'n when we did her opening day after we wiped. Did you guys use all his mana up? I have seen Naggy stop AE'n after many failed attempts.

I am also pretty sure Hosh was AE'n on our "2nd attempt" on opening night as well.

Unless something has changed since then and now.

Using their mana up? They should be regening in between fights regardless.

Edit: For clarity; that would be like their hp not regening between fights then. Pretty sure they're supposed to be AEing regardless.

Autotune
12-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Using their mana up? They should be regening in between fights regardless.

idk if mob's regen mana as fast as they do health. I've noticed it with tons of casting mobs. The only time i've ever noticed raid targets doing it is on Naggy after he was attempted several times.

also, idk if dragons even have mana that is required to cast AE's, just going off what i've seen.

Kole1
12-05-2011, 06:26 AM
We got a Scimitar of Lifestealing during VP this week. It dropped off Nexona. As far as I can tell, Allakhazam and

http://www.eqvintage.com/links/veeshans-peak-loot-list/

from Al'Kabor suggest that the Scimitar drops off Silverwing, not Nexona.

Heebee
12-05-2011, 06:34 AM
We got a Scimitar of Lifestealing during VP this week. It dropped off Nexona. As far as I can tell, Allakhazam and

http://www.eqvintage.com/links/veeshans-peak-loot-list/

from Al'Kabor suggest that the Scimitar drops off Silverwing, not Nexona.

Yep, this item should be dropped by Silverwing and not Nexona - you should probably make a thread specifically for this in the Bugs section Kole :)

Shiftin
12-05-2011, 11:26 AM
That site doesn't list the razor sharp short sword off xygoz as even existing ><

Daldaen
12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
That site doesn't list the razor sharp short sword off xygoz as even existing ><
Or more importantly the druid robe.

Shiftin
12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
We got a robe of the spring already. I was more concerned with razor fang not being added, which it hadn't. Both Nexona and Xygoz tables fixed next patch per nilbog.

Donkeylover
12-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Is Robe of Burning Rage on the Hoshkar loot table? I've read many forums and sources to confirm that it should definitely be on his loot table.

Autotune
12-17-2011, 02:56 PM
should make one VP bug thread and compile it with all known bugs and items missing from loot table or on the wrong table.

nilbog
12-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Is Robe of Burning Rage on the Hoshkar loot table?

yes

Frieza_Prexus
12-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Is it just me or has every Phara`Dar kill dropped the claws? I think all but one, has even had her drop two?

Nigmo
12-18-2011, 02:21 AM
seems all of the dragons are still on the pre nerf VP loot table

Zigfreed
12-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Any Rend robes drop yet? I got the last one on Morell Thule so they have a special spot in meh.

Autotune
01-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Any Rend robes drop yet? I got the last one on Morell Thule so they have a special spot in meh.

yes

bluejam
01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Will the pathing be overhauled at one point? I can't point out any specifics regarding the corridors running through VP as I don't pull stuff, BUT I see a lot of ping ponging when someone drops invis and aggroes anything unintentionally.

Things I can point out:

1. Kiting adds: this can be either EXTREMELY easy or super hard depending on camp (even without SOW). E.g. the pillow room is easily exploitable kiting multiple adds at a time if you wiggle around a little and got lev. In other spots mobs path fine until you reach some place where they suddenly bee-line straight for you (Xygoz lava pit).

2. Mentioned above. Trash and dragons being pulled throughout VP seem to go back and forth between waypoints for no apparent reason.

3. The zone in bridge is fucked up. Dragons pulled to the peninsula often get stuck on the opposite side when the aggroed person doesn't wait on top of the port in platform and even then they spazz out here and there.

Pulling all over the zones works quite well. We haven't had any dragons pop up on top of us yet or something like that.