PDA

View Full Version : Why not

Bartlebee
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Why not just bring up the servers even if the guy lags em real bad? Just put a disclaimer so everyone knows not to expect GM rezzing do to lag death. Seems like that way he would eventually get bored. He's most likely just getting a kick out of all this.

Cilraaz
04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Why not learn how the internet works and figure out how much money a continued DDoS would cost the server admins.

Bartlebee
04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Why not thank you for the answer ass

Cilraaz
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I would actually assume that the admins/devs/GMs/Guides who work on this server for free actually give a shit about the people playing on it and wouldn't just randomly say "well, screw them, we'll take the server down" without a damn good reason. Guess that makes me an ass.

Bartlebee
04-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Called you an ass cause of the arrogant attitude you first replied with, glad for the answer, just could have done without the attitude.

Elendae
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
It was pretty much unplayable, is my guess. I'd think shutting the whole thing down would at least keep most people interested/curious about the project rather than players logging on, lagging to hell, losing their corpse and STILL having to read /ooc.

SpartanEQ
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Besides the bandwidth reasoning, the project just received a nice review on a major gaming site last week. For the lag and gaming experience to be so bad at the point where a lot of potential new players are checking it out, it could be more damaging reputation wise than just being down for maintenance. It was totally unplayable for me while the attacks were on anyway.

Uaellaen
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah was up to 3 minutes lag ... cast a spell and 3 minutes later the effect hit ...

Uaellaen
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
also .. yeah the costs .. as mentitioned here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=40489#post40489)

Kanor
04-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Besides the bandwidth reasoning, the project just received a nice review on a major gaming site last week. For the lag and gaming experience to be so bad at the point where a lot of potential new players are checking it out, it could be more damaging reputation wise than just being down for maintenance. It was totally unplayable for me while the attacks were on anyway.

Talk about bad timing

jimminy christmas

Fraud
04-08-2010, 11:14 PM
maybe they will post an update to the article letting people knowing its up and awesome and ddos-free and that the attacker was found dead after he hung himself naked in his closet with a note about how 1337 he was