PDA

View Full Version : Stop asking, just donate!

harojaro91
04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I have seen countless posts about people 'willing' to donate, but just waiting on having a figure outlining how much still needs to be donated to get the server up and running, with proper security and what not is kind of wasting your time. I don't see us getting any sort of memo saying how much needs to be donated, because as the devs have already stated, they do not charge for the game. If you want to see the server get brought up sooner than later, I'd say just go ahead and donate and not wait around for a required donation amount statement to be released.

Cowboy
04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I have seen countless posts about people 'willing' to donate, but just waiting on having a figure outlining how much still needs to be donated to get the server up and running, with proper security and what not is kind of wasting your time. I don't see us getting any sort of memo saying how much needs to be donated, because as the devs have already stated, they do not charge for the game. If you want to see the server get brought up sooner than later, I'd say just go ahead and donate and not wait around for a required donation amount statement to be released.

Nope.

They've already announced what they're waiting on.

Uaellaen
04-08-2010, 06:16 PM
i still agree with OP, just go donate ... its not like if theres any extra money it will go down the drain, it will fund the server costs in the future ...

theincredibletoddler
04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
donate for what? an illegal server that will always be shut down because im mad?

trolleleet
04-09-2010, 02:56 AM
The way they have handled the whole situation, makes me not want to donate.

Extremely poor management in resolving this issue.

Just going to leech on all you blind donaters, as they clearly dont give a shit about you anyway

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 03:04 AM
you people are realy stupid ... post count 6 and 15 .. yeah what can i expect from troll accounts ...

Nedala
04-09-2010, 03:09 AM

Just going to leech on all you blind donaters, as they clearly dont give a shit about you anyway

best would probably be if the staff would make public all their plans right?

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 03:11 AM
naw, best would be if the staff pays him $1500 a month to play on this server ... sounds only fair right? with all the time he is investing in this game and such ...

trolleleet
04-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Pissing on people donating 100+ $ is pretty pathetic.

I would expect more then a random picture of random computer hardware, which they dont even know if it will work.

No to mention the fact they have time to post on other sites.

Typical American bullshit, what else can you really expect tho.

Kuldiin
04-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Typical American bullshit, what else can you really expect tho.

Let me know when you and your Al'qaeda buddies release their own server.

Secrets
04-09-2010, 08:28 AM
donate for what? an illegal server that will always be shut down because im mad?

you couldn't packet flood your way out of a hole, toddler.

it's pretty obvious you aren't the ddoser, plenty of people have pointed that out, and trying to impersonate one is pretty hilarious

leave this talk to the big boys.

Secrets
04-09-2010, 08:33 AM

pretty sure we have a solution

it's poor management? what sites have you run in the past that were free that run off of donations?
quick google search says none.

and incorrect, I don't even see the money, I just work on the server. /shrug

Fraud
04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
oh snap! GM-Secrets says you are incorrect, sir!

Crone
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I never understood the whole, "I'll donate when I know ____".

It's not like the Devs haven't already done a ton of work, prior to the server going down that deserve the donation. A server going down doesn't change jack about what they've already done.

Makes me think people would never donate if the server was 100% stable, as if it could stay 100% stable without all the Devs work....

Cowboy
04-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Apparently members of the P1999 community believe they are a board of directors, or are investing in the project and expect a monetary return on their investment.

fastboy21
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM
I can understand the hesitance to donate...while i agree with the OP to some degree also.

I had decided before this last array of ddos attacks to begin donating to the server starting in May using the money from cancelling my live accounts. This seemed only fair to me since I haven't played on live in almost a year and have been playing here every day. That money will go to the project.

I also offered to make a large donation if it were needed for some specific solution to the ddos problems. Like I said in my original post offering such a donation I can't justify shooting hundreds of dollars off into cyberspace without someone from the project telling me (in private or on the boards) how the money could be put to good use.

Crone
04-09-2010, 10:35 AM
So you have no faith in the developers that your money wouldn't be used for good?

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 10:35 AM
People are hesitant to donate because a) they don't know if it'll actually do any good, b) if the project is bombarded with ddos attacks now and in the future, i could foresee the devs tiring of it and just saying "hey, we tried..." and pulling the plug. and c) <insert a third point>

But that's just for the people who are donating for the 100 dollars etc. i certainly can't afford that. but $10 here and there from everyone will help out alot.

trolleleet
04-09-2010, 10:48 AM

it's poor management? what sites have you run in the past that were free that run off of donations?

So you have people willing to donate thousand of dollars, yet ALL you can come up with is that youre pretty sure you have a solution, after being attacked for weeks?

If this is how things are run when people are trying to help you, then im not donating a cent.

Heck ive seen SoE do better.

Finawin
04-09-2010, 10:55 AM
No one gives a shit if you drop your piddly change or not. You obviously have no idea wtf is going on.

trolleleet
04-09-2010, 11:05 AM
No one gives a shit if you drop your piddly change or not. You obviously have no idea wtf is going on.

No one gives a shit about you Finawin, so its cool.

Dont be mad bro.

Ferok
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
There has been no indication as far as I can find that any donations will aid the resolution of this issue faster.

Server + new data center may alleviate the issues. They may not. But that plan is already in motion and hardly needs donations to make it go faster as far as I know. I know Admins invested some personal coin into that, but that's neither here nor there for the current issue.

I saw the picture of the server as well, but at no point did he indicate that more donations NOW would fix the issue SOONER. This is why some people have hesitancy with donating extra during troubled times.

Beor
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Hassling people who don't want to blindly donate is lame. People get burned all the time on the internet and whether they are donating 1,000 dollars or 10 dollars it's money and it's their money. Most people just want to make sure that it's going to the right place. Also, please don't make the argument that people blindly donate all the time to relief efforts or charities. People are constantly bombarded with radio ads, commercials and other tactics that show us where our money is going. Also they use validators such as celebrities and children.

I think we can all agree that most people on this server are goal oriented(we wouldn't be checking our EXP bars every 5seconds if we weren't) I say we just put up a giant EXP bar with the total dollar amount needed and fill it in as donations come in. Showing where we are at and where we need to go will encourage people to donate more. Because in the end, we all just want to see that EXP bar rise. Also, giving people who donate X dollar amount a special forum title would encourage others to donate and so that they could achieve that same title.

Crone
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
How do you get burned if you are donating? A donation isn't a payment. A donation is considered charity, and therefore not expecting anything in return. So how do you get burned if you are not expecting anything in return?

Someone here on the forums or somewhere else said it pretty well... You think the people of Haiti weren't starving before the earthquake? Did they see the mass rush of donations then? Nope, just when disaster strikes.

Beor
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
How do you get burned if you are donating? A donation isn't a payment. A donation is considered charity, and therefore not expecting anything in return. So how do you get burned if you are not expecting anything in return?

Because they find out they've donated to a scam. You've never heard of that happening? Fake charities exist and they are constantly taking advantage of people who want to donate and help. Did you miss all the corruption during Hurricane Katrina and 9/11? Tons of fake charities set up shop and prayed on people trying to help.

My point is that if we make this inclusive and take out the mystery of it all
(by stating exactly what's needed in a dollar amount) people will feel more comfortable with donating. It's all about accountability and transparency.

Malrubius
04-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Bam! pwned.

various whining sounds

bwahahahahaha!

rsynweap84
04-09-2010, 01:25 PM

Ban this ungreatful piece of shit too while your at it. Some of us wanna and already have donated, and were prolly gonna keep on too.

trolleleet
04-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Bam! pwned.

bwahahahahaha!

The only one pwned is the server.

Around and around the questions goes, will the server ever come up? No one knows.