PDA

View Full Version : Step 4 of getting started??

Filthed
11-26-2011, 09:24 PM
i cant change my eqhost thing and save it it says somthing about correct directory or path etc how do i change it???

Flunklesnarkin
11-26-2011, 09:29 PM
save it in the same spot you edited it?

Filthed
11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
save it in the same spot you edited it?

ya i think thats what im doin and it keeps saying make sure that the path and file name are correct and wotn let me??

Filthed
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Damnit it wont let me replace it with the new info can anyone plz help me i spent 2 days gettin it installed and this was supposed to be easy part why wont it let me change the eqhost, says it already exists and i say overwrite it and then does the path n file name are correct thing and wont work??

Flunklesnarkin
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
do you have both eq and p99 installed?.. i know that gave me trouble when i first tried this.. took me a sec to figure that out.

Hasbinbad
11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I had a different error on this same issue, but it's coz I have a new computer.. Turning off UAC worked for me (this is my first windows vista/7 computer, UAC is new to me lulz).

http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

Filthed
11-26-2011, 10:26 PM
im definetly not goin to do that uac thing seems risky im not computer literate im going to uninstall eq redownload torrent and start all over , im hoping because maybe i doubleclicked on eq it might have started patching and thats why i cant change it but now i know how to go into directory going to start whole process over

Flunklesnarkin
11-26-2011, 10:48 PM
if you already have the torrent downloaded you shouldn't have to redownload it... just uninstall everything and start from scratch.. maybe it will work out better for you that way

Lindalind
11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I had the same problem. You will notice there are two examples one with 2 words for one folder in the path and one for all one word,you are using the wrong patch me example.
Do the other one exactly as posted.

Filthed
11-27-2011, 12:35 AM
i figured it out i had to change the permissions or somthing but then i messed up on step 5 lmao,, redownloading torrent for 4th time tonite i think i may get it this time!

noffo
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I noticed that with Windows 7, if you install the game in the default folder it will not allow you to edit the eqhost file. I had to create a separate eqhost file on my desktop and then move it into the EQ folder. It's just a text file, so it's really not hard to do. Copy, paste, save, move... done.

Might want to make a backup of your torrent, so you don't have to keep downloading. Always good to have a backup. I need to backup my original Titanium discs as it is.