PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Dispel

Silikten
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Tried to dispell heat blood today. It skipped right over twice. Please fix dispel, it is crucial to my survival!

Also, i cure diseased myself 3 times and it did not remove Affliction. I think the system is broke :X

Silikten
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Spell: Cure Disease

1: Decrease Disease Counter by 1 (L1) to 4 (L12)

Affliction

1: Increase Disease Counter by 4
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 20 (L19) to 25 (L24) per tick
3: Decrease HP when cast by 30

Takes me four casts of Cure Disease to cure Affliction...that correct?

Silikten
11-29-2011, 02:37 AM
My bad. Info from alla, but counteract is same from alla/wiki, both 8 counters.

Silikten
11-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Dispel still broke, bump

Lazortag
12-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Is it working as intended that dispel seems to go for the least recently applied buffs, instead of the buffs that are closest to the top of your buff window?

Silikten
12-03-2011, 03:59 AM
I thought it would peck at the higher level spells rather than skip a slot. So, it'd take 2 casts of cancel to dispel Heat blood

Lazortag
12-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Currently what's happening is that it's going after the oldest buff instead of the buff that's closest to the top. This is clearly not classic as everyone remembers using junk buffs to save the first few slots to dispel dots and other effects. This is a serious issue and needs to be fixed.

Palemoon
12-03-2011, 10:21 AM
There is a huge dispel thread where we go back and forth trying to decide how dispel really works. I have my opinion, its in that thread. Dispel skipping over heat blood (ocassionally) and wipeing out something else farther down the line jives with my opinion on how classic dispel worked and how it currently works on Al'kabor server.

See that other thread.

Lazortag
12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
There is a huge dispel thread where we go back and forth trying to decide how dispel really works. I have my opinion, its in that thread. Dispel skipping over heat blood (ocassionally) and wipeing out something else farther down the line jives with my opinion on how classic dispel worked and how it currently works on Al'kabor server.

See that other thread.

Right, but that's not how it's working on this server. On this server it always goes for the oldest buffs, never the buff closest to the top. Also, if you have a dot on you and dispel after clicking off all your buffs, it won't work because it'll try to dispel the buffs that aren't there anymore.

Slave
12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Jesus Effing Christ you can't be serious? Yet another server destroying bug to go along with no guard assist, no white con for in-range pvp, truly incomprehensible mob run speed, Shadow Step, and... you know what, just screw this.

Lazortag
12-03-2011, 03:46 PM
... truly incomprehensible mob run speed....

There's nothing wrong with run speed. Fix your computer.

(Check the technical discussion forum)

Slave
12-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Link? I don't see anything regarding run speed there.

And come on, did you even play classic? If you had a lead on a mob, you could turn and autorun to the zone. They were exactly the same speed as a player. Here, you take maybe ten steps from barely within spell range and they're stomping your ass. They're like AT LEAST 15% faster.

nilbog
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Currently what's happening is that it's going after the oldest buff instead of the buff that's closest to the top. This is clearly not classic as everyone remembers using junk buffs to save the first few slots to dispel dots and other effects. This is a serious issue and needs to be fixed.

Ok so I tried to test this.

I had

Buff 1 slot 8000min non-dispellable buff
Buff 2 slot empty
Buff 3 slot acumen
Buff 4 slot journeymanboots

I cast heat blood on myself. It occupied slot #2. I cast cancel magic, and it removed slot #2.

If what you are saying is true, it would have removed acumen or jboots first right?

Nirgon
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Cancel magic is kind of a bad test for this... nullify and annul would be better.

Lazortag
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Ok so I tried to test this.

I had

Buff 1 slot 8000min non-dispellable buff
Buff 2 slot empty
Buff 3 slot acumen
Buff 4 slot journeymanboots

I cast heat blood on myself. It occupied slot #2. I cast cancel magic, and it removed slot #2.

If what you are saying is true, it would have removed acumen or jboots first right?

Then maybe what I said only applies to Alenia's Disenchanting Melody, because that's the only dispel I've tried. You should test that, there's clearly an issue with it - every time I used it, it would never dispel heat blood/darkness/root/etc. in the first slot if it was applied after 5 or so buffs that I had in lower slots. Moreover, if I clicked off selo's and played ADM right away with only heat blood on, it would still try to remove selo's, making this basically useless for at least a full tick.

nilbog
12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Same deal with that.

Slot 1: undispellable buff
Slot 2: journeymanboots
Slot 3: Acumen

I click off journeymanboots, making slot #2 empty.

Cast heat blood.

Cast alenia's disenchanting melody.

Heat blood is dispelled.

Additional testing: Is it acting this way because I'm on my development server? Is it because I have an unresistable buff in the top slot?

Logged on pvp server.

Slot #1 Journeymanboots
Slot #2 Acumen

I click off Journeymanboots, slot #1 is empty.

Cast Heat blood.

Cast Alenia's Disenchanting Melody.

Heat blood is dispelled.

Lazortag
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Does it have a random chance of "skipping over" then? I could have just gotten very unlucky.

Also there's still the issue with the dispel thinking that my buff is still there soon after I click it off (like 1-2 seconds after). I'll do a bit of testing later and show you what I mean.

nilbog
12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Does it have a random chance of "skipping over" then? I could have just gotten very unlucky.

Also there's still the issue with the dispel thinking that my buff is still there soon after I click it off (like 1-2 seconds after). I'll do a bit of testing later and show you what I mean.

Ya be as specific as possible. If you can post the steps to replicate a bug, we can usually fix it.

Silikten
12-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I notice you are not casting the "Cancel Magic" but a version of a 1 slot dispell. Cancel Magic did not dispell heat blood at all, just skipped a slot.

Nirgon
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Cancel magic is known to be a very sucky dispel.

Silikten
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Yea, but usually would dispell 1 slot magic stuff. It takes of druid dots, creeping crud the lvl 24 spell. Not sure why a lower level heat blood would not be removed.