PDA

View Full Version : Ogre bind near CB or CL

yraapt
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
What are the recommended spots for binding for a newbie Ogre if leveling in either Crushbone or the Common Lands? Can you just bind a ways off from the guards and stay relatively safe? I've never played an Ogre before.

webrunner5
11-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Unless you are a Shaman you can't get bound in either place. You have to be in a City to get bound by someone else.

But yes, you can get bound a ways from guards in any place and be safe. All Evil Races have the same problems, and the same thing goes for Good Races in evil zones.It just makes the game a lot more interesting to play.

yraapt
11-28-2011, 08:56 PM
can you be bound anywhere inside one of the freeport zones? Like way out away from the gate? What about Gfay? Is the entire zone bindable?

Thoughtseize
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Can bind anywhere in gfay - orc lift is most popular for CB hunting.

Can also ask someone in tunnel to give you a bind in WFP just inside the ZL from East Commons

usedtobejubaloftorv
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Your safest newbie bind spot for CB would probably be at the GF/BB zoneline. A little bit more walk back than ideal, but you stay clear of being rekilled after respawn.

Messianic
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Ogres, trolls, and dark elves should never hunt in CB. Don't turf your Dark elf faction just to be accepted by wood elf guards - you'd still need to do a crapton of faction work (via a really stupid quest that you have to do 250+ times that has unstackable components) just to be able to bank in Gfay. Just stick with the dark elves - Neriak rocks anyhow - close to Sol B, Sol A, Najena, EC, etc...

If you're a dark elf wizard, maybe - but IMO it's still not worth it (after having played a dark elf wizard to 55 on live).

dcapotos
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
can you be bound anywhere inside one of the freeport zones? Like way out away from the gate? What about Gfay? Is the entire zone bindable?

You can bind anywhere in Gfay. My iksar binded a little off to the side of the entrance to CB around lv 4 and didn't have any trouble. Rarely died anyway before I could bind myself.

pickled_heretic
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
if you care about training in neriak you should probably find somewhere else to grind since the indigo brotherhood is linked to the crusbhone orcs faction.

dcapotos
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Ogres, trolls, and dark elves should never hunt in CB. Don't turf your Dark elf faction just to be accepted by wood elf guards - you'd still need to do a crapton of faction work (via a really stupid quest that you have to do 250+ times that has unstackable components) just to be able to bank in Gfay. Just stick with the dark elves - Neriak rocks anyhow - close to Sol B, Sol A, Najena, EC, etc...

If you're a dark elf wizard, maybe - but IMO it's still not worth it (after having played a dark elf wizard to 55 on live).

Unless you actually care about smurfs, then ignore this man. Get to dubious, turn in 16 bags full of CB belts and you are set AND you can bank/sell in Kaladim FWIW. It's nice to have a bank on that continent if you intend to level in Unrest/MM like me.

pickled_heretic
11-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Unless you actually care about smurfs, then ignore this man. Get to dubious, turn in 16 bags full of CB belts and you are set AND you can bank/sell in Kaladim FWIW. It's nice to have a bank on that continent if you intend to level in Unrest/MM like me.

in the old world, neriak is probably the most important city in the game. it has a bunch of shit you can't buy anywhere else in the library and cleric guild (hate stones, spells, coffins), it's 2 zones away from solb, 1 zone from ec, adjacent to a wizard spire, 2 zones away from a druid ring.

i wouldn't ruin my faction in neriak for anything, especially not just to have a bank for lower levels while you are in unrest and mistmoore.

Sithel1988
11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
crushbone orcs DO.......NOT......LOWER.....FACTION......WITH..... .NERIAK. only lowers faction with the WARRIOR GUILD IN NERIAK. dont go to warrior guild and your fine. 100% confirmed. leveled my dark elf necro in crushbone. he was fine.

pickled_heretic
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
being an ogre, he has a 33% chance of being a warrior. not being able to train in neriak might be annoying for him at some point.

Sithel1988
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
just letting everyone know

Softcore PK
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
being an ogre, he has a 33% chance of being a warrior. not being able to train in neriak might be annoying for him at some point.

But by leveling in CB, he gains faction with the Kelethin warrior guild. Having a place to train on Faydwer sounds better than having 3-4 places in the eastern Antonica area.

pickled_heretic
11-30-2011, 01:55 PM
But by leveling in CB, he gains faction with the Kelethin warrior guild. Having a place to train on Faydwer sounds better than having 3-4 places in the eastern Antonica area.

i doubt he would be able to train before he was long done with crushbone. it would require a great deal of extra faction work.

Sithel1988
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
yea the ogre warrior needs the neriak faction so he can buy his spells and train specialize evocation right? all he needs is like dodge/dualwield or whatever and some other stuff

pickled_heretic
pragmatically speaking, having a place to bank and train on faydwer is a great boon. but overall the races on faydwer are the most intolerant in the game, and require the most faction work.

pickled_heretic
yea the ogre warrior needs the neriak faction so he can buy his spells and train specialize evocation right?

no, he needs it to train disarm and other warrior skills =]

Sithel1988
11-30-2011, 02:00 PM
warriors can disarm? sweet

yraapt
11-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Obviously I have played too many good races. I totally forgot about Neriak. I will try to get a bind there and start leveling in CL.

Thanks for the input :)

Softcore PK
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
i doubt he would be able to train before he was long done with crushbone. it would require a great deal of extra faction work.

If he leveled from 5-15 there, his faction would definitely be up to non-kos at the very least. On live I leveled a dark elf (agnostic, though..) warrior in CB and was using the warrior guild before too long. It seems like it will take forever, but it really doesn't.

usedtobejubaloftorv
12-02-2011, 01:48 PM
The key question I'd ask is whether the warrior guild faction can be repaired. If not, I wouldn't risk it - evil races have enough city restrictions without purposely generating extra ones. It becomes a moot point for the most part with Luclin but that is years away at best for this server.

Flunklesnarkin
12-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Ok i've exped in crushbone a lot so my neriak warrior guild faction is ruined..

but if / when i get around to fixing it.. this is how i would go about it

kill the level 16ish elves in gfay until you are indifferent / dubious to raise the indigo brotherhood faction..

then go kill aqua goblins in either dagnors cauldron or butcherblock until the faction is fixed.. repeat until you can use the warrior guild in neriak..

could do some other quests but those would take other quest to fix faction.. but its possible to get all the warrior guild capped faction.

Messianic
12-03-2011, 04:54 PM
crushbone orcs DO.......NOT......LOWER.....FACTION......WITH..... .NERIAK. only lowers faction with the WARRIOR GUILD IN NERIAK. dont go to warrior guild and your fine. 100% confirmed. leveled my dark elf necro in crushbone. he was fine.

I stand corrected :) Kill orcs all you want. For some reason, I thought it lowered some faction that was actually important.

Can't figure out why i thought that in retrospect, given I was aware that almost all of the guards are on dreadguard inner/outer...