PDA

View Full Version : Cha items for selling. Worth carrying?

Tobius
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
So I have 5 pieces of 'armor' that has cha on it that I put on for when I sell.

15+5+5+3

Historically I had more slots then carrying capacity, so this was justifiable, but now I can carry plenty, and I am looting more expensive shit.

Does the increase in selling price make it worth having 4 less items every haul?

I'm starting to doubt it.

For basis of comparison:

Vendors offer me 7p 6g 9s 9c for embroided black sleeves with my fighting gear on.

Vendors offer me 7p 8g 5s 9c for embroided black sleeves with my charisma gear on.

In fact from this it's starting to seem obvious now, but can anyone clarify for the record?

Alternativly I can keep the cha gear in the bank and put it on when I sell. Would that be the most optimum?

Additionally what does cha cap out in terms of affecting vendor prices?

Thanks,

- Toby

Keldonis
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
It's minimal, at best. I think the merchant recognition of CHA is 110 but I may be mistaken.

Bohab
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Helps a little when you cash in a stashed PILE of gems or jewelry.

jerok88
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Charisma gear is mostly for enchanters who buy/sell gems/jewelry in their jewelrymaking. Otherwise keep it in the bank imo, but I don't have any breaking points

Vondra
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't bother messing with it unless you were really selling some huge stack of gems or something...I definitely wouldn't carry it around everywhere.

Wizerud
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
I think the CHA cap for extracting best prices is 105 but could be wrong. It all depends. If you're a troll with a starting CHA in the 50's but you can afford a +50 CHA set of equipment just for selling and you tend to kill shit in areas that drop decent vendor loot it's probably worth it. The only question is how long it takes to recoup the cost of the CHA gear you're hauling around with you and whether it ever limits your carrying capacity.

necrosaurio
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Nah, it's not worth it, just give it to me for my enchanter :P

Flunklesnarkin
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I been trying to find some chr stuff to buy lol.. nobody really been selling that i seen tho.. and yah Im a dwarf so my chr is super low

I feel that a little bit of chr gear is a minor investment that can only pay off over time.

usedtobejubaloftorv
11-30-2011, 11:07 AM
it's more for tradeskill churning than anything else, non-combat wise

if you're not tradeskilling (and rather heavily to the point where it costs serious plat) don't bother

it's not like it ain't easy to get plat on this server - I've amassed over 5kpp on my only character which is level 40 and I haven't really been trying too hard

Slave
11-30-2011, 08:04 PM
130 charisma is supposed to be the cap for selling/buying.