PDA

View Full Version : Why did my IP get blocked?

Adeth
12-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Just started playing on project 1999 for the first time last night. Got on and was playing today and then all of a sudden I crashed and it said I cant log in because of a block on my IP. Can anybody let me know what happened? I wasn't doing anything but grinding out level 4-5 mobs by myself...

kingseekerframpt
12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
you're probably better off posting in the petition/exploit forum and waiting for an asnwer

soupy11
12-03-2011, 09:34 AM
If you crash out and try to login right away, it will give you that message, just wait a couple minutes and log back in it will work.

Autotune
12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
did it happen to say... Temporary?

loopholbrook
12-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Did you try logging in?

Amelinda
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
it's a tmp ip block - the key here is crashed and couldn't log back in. just try again.

oblexsis
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
It happens to preaty much all of us when we get suddenly disconnected from the server . just give it a min or 2 and you should be able to log on . The dev's added this to the server to stop people from multiboxing characters

Flunklesnarkin
12-03-2011, 01:40 PM
It happens to preaty much all of us when we get suddenly disconnected from the server . just give it a min or 2 and you should be able to log on . The dev's added this to the server to stop people from multiboxing characters

One thing i haven't actually tried yet.. because i really don't have multiple characters atm.... is..

Can you drop an item.. log off a character.. and log on another to grab that item before it rots?

Probably easier to just use an intermediary but people not always in the area.. like if you decide to make a new character some where.

Vondra
12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
One thing i haven't actually tried yet.. because i really don't have multiple characters atm.... is..

Can you drop an item.. log off a character.. and log on another to grab that item before it rots?

Probably easier to just use an intermediary but people not always in the area.. like if you decide to make a new character some where.

Absolutely. I don't know about doing this in time with a character that's on a different account, but it's no problem at all to just camp out on one character and then log in on another on the same account to pick up what you dropped. I've done it many times when transferring items of low value.

Amelinda
12-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Be aware that p99 staff does NOT REIMBURSE for items lost during drop transfer even if your client crashes or you get the ip block and can't log back in. Also Amapolo may be rolling through your zone - beware!!

Flunklesnarkin
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Yah.. i figured anything i dropped on the ground I might not see on the other end.. just wanted to know if it was possible before i risked in the future.